TA&M Commerce

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Reynolds needs to start from here on out and probably deserves a lot of minutes. He really was the catalyst tonight and did a great job getting the ball into the paint. Kenny Foster and Barnhart both showed tonight that both should be getting more minutes. A lot of hustle in both.

It was good to see this team really take over a game without Maldo on the floor. This is a good sign I believe.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Nice win, cowboys.

Everyone and their dog is sick here in Laramie currently
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Jeff Lindor called out the fans after the game. Where were you all?
Last edited by PokesArePeopleToo on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:23 pm I take it back. There are no more than 500 people inside the AA tonight.
Linder's post game comments reflected that too he is truly upset with our pathetic non conference crowds at home and it is too bad Laramie doesn't support better. I wanted to but i get tired of fighting the tooth of that brutal wind over the Summit...will be there Saturday!!! Good win fellas, been awhile....Linder said Ike was getting some treatments on his leg/foot down in Denver, hopefully it's healing
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I usually make a few games each year and wonder why more people don’t go regularly. Without season tickets, I’m sure it gets expensive fast. The real issue is that the product on the floor isn’t very good right now.

Reynolds taking it to the hoop is just what the doctor ordered. We need more of that. We get better threes when someone penetrates and kicks to an open guy instead of swinging it around the perimeter and taking a contested 3. Wenzel’s bad back is going to hurt us. We let a bad team back in the game and even let them take the lead. It appeared to me that we looked more like ourselves for good chunks of that game. What I saw during the losing streak didn’t look like anything I had seen these last 3 years. Hopefully we gelling
W-Y, Until I Die!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:03 pm Jeff Lindor called out the fans after the game. Where were you all?
They lost four in a row to Roast Beef Tech and Ethanol Blend University what does he expect? All the momentum as far as crowds is gone.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:03 pm Jeff Lindor called out the fans after the game. Where were you all?
Sorry Jeff, that's the crowd you get when it looks like nobody on this team can guard water or hit an open shot. Particularly when the opponent sounds like where you go to cash your paycheck after work on Friday.

Let's go Jeff! If these guys are no good, coach 'em up! Quit crying that this team has given fans very little reason to show up so far.
Last edited by 307bball on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Preaching to the choir...your comment should be made to the entire fanbase (twitter, et al), not WyoNation.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:12 pm Even Ike didn’t come to the game tonight. He usually is on the bench.

Semi TIC but I hope we don’t read about Ike in the transfer portal next.
Vandiver wasn't there either - I guess there is some flu / cold poop going around, maybe that is the case for both?
Dear Karma,

Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

That's a two-way street coach.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:04 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:12 pm Even Ike didn’t come to the game tonight. He usually is on the bench.

Semi TIC but I hope we don’t read about Ike in the transfer portal next.
Vandiver wasn't there either - I guess there is some flu / cold Sh#t going around, maybe that is the case for both?
Sounds like Ike was getting treatment in Denver. My guess is Vandiver sick with Anderson.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

307bball wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:29 am
Sorry Jeff, that's the crowd you get when it looks like nobody on this team can guard water or hit an open shot. Particularly when the opponent sounds like where you go to cash your paycheck after work on Friday.

Let's go Jeff! If these guys are no good, coach 'em up! Quit crying that this team has given fans very little reason to show up so far.
Not sure why you keep fostering the idea that fans should only come to games when we're winning.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

flyfishwyo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 am
307bball wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:29 am

Not sure why you keep fostering the idea that fans should only come to games when we're winning.
Whether they should or shouldn't..... Not my place to say .... Or Linder's. But my recommendation to Linder would be to start winning if he wants bigger crowds.

It is what it is.... If you win, people will come and watch. If not... Well, not so much.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:36 pm

Whether they should or shouldn't..... Not my place to say .... Or Linder's. But my recommendation to Linder would be to start winning if he wants bigger crowds.

It is what it is.... If you win, people will come and watch. If not... Well, not so much.
Question for you (and all) - as I have though a lot about this topic...

When did fan attendance really drop off at Wyoming in the AA?

•Was it when McClain went job shopping?
•Was it when Burman took the reigns as AD?
•Was it the Heath Schroyer debacle (hire, extend, fire)?
•Was it the AA renovation & reseating mess?

Looks to me like it is a Burman thing...thoughts?
Dear Karma,

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Much more driving to basket and in-close-to-hoop play. An adjustment presumably to no Ike. Maybe Linder has finally changed his origina "with-Ike" game plans.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Definitely Schroyer. I said at the time the crowds may never recover from that atrocity.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:05 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Definitely Schroyer. I said at the time the crowds may never recover from that atrocity.
Agreed. Schroyer killed attendance. Shyatt was bringing it back around, then Edwards tanked it again. Going to take more than 1 good season to get people invested again.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:12 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:05 pm

Agreed. Schroyer killed attendance. Shyatt was bringing it back around, then Edwards tanked it again. Going to take more than 1 good season to get people invested again.
Schroyer regime was appalling. Pretty rough stuff.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

It's absolutely Linder's place to say. He's flat telling you he expects some fan support if he's going to stick around. If you can't understand that, I'm not sure we can have an intelligent conversation about the subject. Stop justifying bandwagon fan behavior.

This isn't a Schryer/Edwards situation. He's earned our trust with the results we've seen in the last 2 seasons. They've lost two of their top 3 players from last year, and the other has been missing from the last few games. Add in some new guys and it's not a surprise to anyone who knows anything about college basketball that they're struggling to find the right chemistry to get back on track. They showed last night they're starting to figure it out.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this forum. It sure wouldn't hurt the cause to tell a friend, "I know the team is struggling, but they'll get it figured out. Buy a ticket and come see. They'll get better."
307bball
WyoNation Addict

flyfishwyo wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:42 pm

It's absolutely Linder's place to say. He's flat telling you he expects some fan support if he's going to stick around. If you can't understand that, I'm not sure we can have an intelligent conversation about the subject. Stop justifying bandwagon fan behavior.

This isn't a Schryer/Edwards situation. He's earned our trust with the results we've seen in the last 2 seasons. They've lost two of their top 3 players from last year, and the other has been missing from the last few games. Add in some new guys and it's not a surprise to anyone who knows anything about college basketball that they're struggling to find the right chemistry to get back on track. They showed last night they're starting to figure it out.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this forum. It sure wouldn't hurt the cause to tell a friend, "I know the team is struggling, but they'll get it figured out. Buy a ticket and come see. They'll get better."
I understand exactly what Linder is saying...I've heard it from coaches before. And we all know how it fires up a fan base to be scolded by an unexpectedly underperforming coach..Oh, wait..no it just sounds entitled. Sports is an entertainment product...if it ain't entertaining....no amount of being told by a coach that attendance isn't what it should be is going to make it so. There are two ways Linder ends his tenure here...he either does great and gets poached by a big time program or he flames out and can't keep talent coming in and gets fired...either way...attendance won't matter.

And whoever is the numbnuts is that decided being a bandwagon fan is a bad thing should be beat behind the wood shed. Whether it's Wyoming basketball or Alabama football...the "bandwagon" fan is what floats those programs. Even those power programs fans would leave if they lost enough...then most of those "die-hards" would be revealed to be just what they always were....Bandwagon. Heck...I wish I was a bandwagon fan...then I wouldn't be so down about my favorite team for pretty much my entire adult life outside of a MWC tournament win and a handful of surprising football victories.