MWC Bowls

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Boise struggled more than I thought they would.

That team that the entire board had a meltdown over losing to had a pretty good out against a P5 squad. Made WSU's offense look stupid and they have a pretty decent QB.
WYO1016 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Fresno was impressive yesterday on both sides of the ball. I thought that might actually be a pretty good game but Fresno dominated.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Pissed BYU won yesterday but....

Super glad Buffalo won. Josh Allen is becoming an NFL legend which we already knew he could be when he was at UW.

BTW, WTH happened to the Colts?! WOW Up 33-0 and ya blew it!!!!!!! On the bright side, it made Falcons fans happy. LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

Wyokie wrote: ↑Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:43 am

BTW, WTH happened to the Colts?! WOW Up 33-0 and ya blew it!!!!!!! On the bright side, it made Falcons fans happy. LOL
And Vikings πŸ˜‚
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MN_Poke wrote: ↑Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:54 am
Wyokie wrote: ↑Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:43 am

And Vikings πŸ˜‚
That goes without saying. LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Got to admit, glad Boise and Fresno won, good for the conference. But man is it tough to root for Boise.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:20 am Boise struggled more than I thought they would.

That team that the entire board had a meltdown over losing to had a pretty good out against a P5 squad. Made WSU's offense look stupid and they have a pretty decent QB.
I think the meltdown was over losing to Boise State at home the way we did. Following that game few thinking people thought we had much of a chance in Fresno.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I'm hoping that Ike has a similar impact on Wyoming basketball as Haener did on Fresno State football when returning from injury. Despite losing to UCONN without Haener, this Fresno team might be the best G5 currently.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: ↑Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:50 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: ↑Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:20 am Boise struggled more than I thought they would.

I think the meltdown was over losing to Boise State at home the way we did. Following that game few thinking people thought we had much of a chance in Fresno.
So everyone is bent out of shape over a loss to the division champs with the 3rd youngest team in football that nearly 100% of the fanbase penciled in as a loss at the star of the season? Makes sense.
WYO1016 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:12 pm

So everyone is bent out of shape over a loss to the division champs with the 3rd youngest team in football that nearly 100% of the fanbase penciled in as a loss at the star of the season? Makes sense.
I don't know if it is that deep. We literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That is a MOJO killer...players, fans, coaches, everyone.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:11 am

I don't know if it is that deep. We literally snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That is a MOJO killer...players, fans, coaches, everyone.
I definitely get that, but I just think the meltdown over this season is unwarranted. I despise Bohl's offense as much as anyone. Nonetheless, fresneck is a pretty damn good team and they pretty much did to wsu what they did to us. I just can't find a lot to complain about. I still haven't heard if that (ill advised throw in bsu game) was just a terrible read and not necessarily the play call?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:44 am
McPeachy wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:11 am

I still haven't heard if that (ill advised throw in bsu game) was just a terrible read and not necessarily the play call?
I think both. 'Ol Bohly mentioned "he was going for the win" so he green-lighted the play call. Not sure why he wouldn't stick to his guns and run the mufu, but hey, hindsight, right?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

SJSU getting dominated by Eastern Michigan
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:18 pm SJSU getting dominated by Eastern Michigan
There's a funny irony to this game.

The ONLY other time EMU won a bowl was the 1987 California Bowl against...........SAN JOSE STATE.

Score of that game was EMU 30, SJSU 27.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_M ... Bowl_games
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Did you watch the game?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: ↑Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:58 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:12 pm So everyone is bent out of shape over a loss to the division champs with the 3rd youngest team in football that nearly 100% of the fanbase penciled in as a loss at the star of the season? Makes sense.
Did you watch the game?
There is no doubt that Clemons should not have been put in position to make that stupid decision. The way that game went, should not have attempted a pass in the second half.

Still Bohl seemed to navigate year 1 of the portal than most of the MWC with 2 on either 2nd or 3rd team freshman all American. Look how abysmal the mwc is doing outside of fsu. It's not coincidence. I hate Bohl's offense but with the portal, I'm more patient to see another than I have been in the last 3 or 4. I was actually more disappointed with the best Josh Allen team than this year's team. The 1 year the offense is decent, there is not a complimentary D.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

AF handled Baylor pretty easily. I thought the game would be a little closer.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Good win for AF over Baylor. Saw on Twitter that a lot of people are wondering why more Big 12 teams don't switch back to the option offense with AF cruising, particularly Oklahoma people. It would be entertaining to see a P5 school with their resources etc throw the ball less than 10 times a game.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

The MWC is 3-3 in bowl games now. Wyoming only one left to give the conference a winning record.

Go Pokes!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

utah state got spanked by Memphis