Is something up in Laramie?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Generation Jones here.😂
Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

Get off my lawn. . . Back in my day
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 35 times

For what it's worth, I'm older millennial. Lol.

As far as complaining that no one wants a spouse or kids or to commit to a marriage...it's never been more expensive or unrealistic to do so. For a growing number of people it's simply not viable.

Secondly, criticizing kids for not rushing out and getting married and having half a dozen kids and locking themselves down and into a home life is some supremely bizarre thinking.

Lastly, as mentioned, actually standing by one's worth and expectations when it comes to a school, employer, etc. instead of settling for the status quo like the generations before is something to be applauded, not shunned.

And none of that has anything to do with ethics or their "ability" to commit.

In today's CFB landscape, there are more opportunities, more nuances and circumstances to consider, and more whispers in the ear from everyone than ever before when these kids are trying to make very big, very important, potentially life-altering decisions.

Is it frustrating when kids transfer or decommit? Absolutely. But you don't see me on here lamenting the ethics and morals of people I don't even know, who are in situations and discussions that I'm not involved in or privy to.

It's one of the biggest decisions of their lives, and sometimes circumstances or offers change. Whether it's on the school's end, the kid's end, the family's end, or any number of other things.

And let's not act like coaches at any program don't whisper all sorts of poop to these kids to get them to come to their program....and that's a two-way street.

Some real nasty Boomer energy going on in here when we start bringing out the poop of "tHeYrE nOt gEtTiNg mArRiEd", like that has f-word-all to do with anything.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:24 pm For what it's worth, I'm older millennial. Lol.

As far as complaining that no one wants a spouse or kids or to commit to a marriage...it's never been more expensive or unrealistic to do so. For a growing number of people it's simply not viable.

Secondly, criticizing kids for not rushing out and getting married and having half a dozen kids and locking themselves down and into a home life is some supremely bizarre thinking.

Lastly, as mentioned, actually standing by one's worth and expectations when it comes to a school, employer, etc. instead of settling for the status quo like the generations before is something to be applauded, not shunned.

In today's CFB landscape, there are more opportunities, more nuances and circumstances to consider, and more whispers in the ear from everyone than ever before when these kids are trying to make very big, very important, potentially life-altering decisions.

Is it frustrating when kids transfer or decommit? Absolutely. But you don't see me on here lamenting the ethics and morals of people I don't even know, who are in situations and discussions that I'm not involved in or privy to.

It's one of the biggest decisions of their lives, and sometimes circumstances or offers change. Whether it's on the school's end, the kid's end, the family's end, or any number of other things.

And let's not act like coaches at any program don't whisper all sorts of [#]sh#t to these kids to get them to come to their program....and that's a two-way street.

Some real nasty Boomer energy going on in here when we start bringing out the [#]sh#t of "tHeYrE nOt gEtTiNg mArRiEd", like that has f##k[#] to do with anything.
Sounds like you're a fan of demographic collapse. Or maybe your solution to that problem is unlimited immigration, which may be our only solution at this point.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:50 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:24 pm For what it's worth, I'm older millennial. Lol.

And let's not act like coaches at any program don't whisper all sorts of [#]sh#t to these kids to get them to come to their program....and that's a two-way street.

Some real nasty Boomer energy going on in here when we start bringing out the [#]sh#t of "tHeYrE nOt gEtTiNg mArRiEd", like that has f##k[#] to do with anything.
Sounds like you're a fan of demographic collapse. Or maybe your solution to that problem is unlimited immigration, which may be our only solution at this point.
Holy cow!..had to google "demographic collapse". I'm sure that can be discussed elsewhere. The point that is being missed is that a decision to enter the transfer portal should not be viewed as a betrayal of morals. If a recruit is allowed by the rules to do so....then it is ultimately up to the coaches and institutions to be as good of a place to play as possible...if they don't....the players with options will always leave, as we will continue to see.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 35 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:50 pm Sounds like you're a fan of demographic collapse. Or maybe your solution to that problem is unlimited immigration, which may be our only solution at this point.
Lmao; what the f-word are you even on about?