Fresno State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:28 pm DuSell and Max have to be asking a lot of questions.
At this level, if a better player is playing less than another player, 98% of the time it's because the better player isn't doing things right off the court (practice, class, weights, etc). Do things right and you get rewarded with more play time.

It's the reason Justin James was only getting like 25 minutes a game his senior year issues of getting like 38-40 min/game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:04 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:28 pm DuSell and Max have to be asking a lot of questions.
At this level, if a better player is playing less than another player, 98% of the time it's because the better player isn't doing things right off the court (practice, class, weights, etc). Do things right and you get rewarded with more play time.

It's the reason Justin James was only getting like 25 minutes a game his senior year issues of getting like 38-40 min/game.
If that’s the case - let’s just play Barnhart and some of the other end of the bench guys. They seem to be good off the court guys and can’t do much worse.

I’ve heard nothing about DuSell doing things wrong. He just gets no minutes it appears. But regardless, Linder isn’t paid to produce Boy Scouts.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Welp.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:34 pm
Yup. Why doesn’t Linder sub max for Thompson straight up. I’m beginning to really question linder
It raises a question- was last season simply lightning in a bottle?

I'm also beginning to wonder if the team hasn't already given up on themselves and the staff...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Didn't realize a guard(Anderson) shoots free throws (now) at less than 34%, ummm whaaat??? Next 2 games might even get uglier and that's at 7220...no thanks for me...Graham isn't coming back to disrupt this chemistry even further....so sad I dreamed about the potential prospects of our deep Pokes squad this year and "wanted" to believe it would be true...like always....wait til next year(maybe)
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

same as every game. terrible first half. battle tales off second half just to lose
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:00 am same as every game. terrible first half. battle tales off second half just to lose
It was so easy for Fresno st. in the 1st half. They let up, then we come back. Then they wake up in time to win
the game A pretty standard scenario.

Out of Wenzel, Oden, and Dusell, we needed one of them to break out and become a real go to scorer. Frankly, none of them can shoot the 3
and none of them are very good at creating their own shots or going to the basket. That leaves us with Maldaonado, whose game has been figured out by everyone. He's no threat from the outside and when he's forced to pass off his penetration move, it's often a disaster.

Last year, with Jeffries and Ike, we had dependable scoring and the others could fill in every so often. Reynolds has stepped up, but every one else is just a role player who needs an Ike double team to free them up. We are not a hard team to guard and we are not going to create opportunities off of our less than great defense. It's going to be a season to forget.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

A couple things. When we had to get a crucial rebound we couldn’t. Gave up two o boards that lost us the game. Pathetic!

And why did Linder think it was a good idea to have Anderson, our worst FT shooter , bring the ball up down three with 20 seconds left? All they had to do was foul him and game over
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:11 am
laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:00 am same as every game. terrible first half. battle tales off second half just to lose
It was so easy for Fresno st. in the 1st half. They let up, then we come back. Then they wake up in time to win
the game A pretty standard scenario.

Out of Wenzel, Oden, and Dusell, we needed one of them to break out and become a real go to scorer. Frankly, none of them can shoot the 3
and none of them are very good at creating their own shots or going to the basket. That leaves us with Maldaonado, whose game has been figured out by everyone. He's no threat from the outside and when he's forced to pass off his penetration move, it's often a disaster.

Last year, with Jeffries and Ike, we had dependable scoring and the others could fill in every so often. Reynolds has stepped up, but every one else is just a role player who needs an Ike double team to free them up. We are not a hard team to guard and we are not going to create opportunities off of our less than great defense. It's going to be a season to forget.
Excellent summary