AZ Bowl Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

They almost always hit it after missing. I would have iced again
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Tough to end up losing because of poop PI called late.

Good first pass in OT and then trash.
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

We're on to next year
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:19 pm Tough to end up losing because of sh#t[#] PI called late.

It was a make-up call. We had it coming. Karma's a bitch.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:20 pm We're on to next year
With the same poop game plan...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Kinda reminds ya of Bohl's first bowl appearance in 2016. Coulda won but lost in OT. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:21 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:20 pm We're on to next year
With the same Sh#t game plan...
Yep
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:19 pm Tough to end up losing because of sh#t[#] PI called late.

Makeup for what?
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Shoot
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

From now on my stock answer to any question will be, "you want to be a big dog you have to piss in the tall grass"
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Thank goodness we have basketball to look forward to.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:25 pm
Makeup for what?
We had an earlier DPI that should have been called. We SEEMED to get away with it, but offiating is a human endeavor.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

After a little reflection, we played better than I expected. With Swen dismissed, Braasch bouncing along with the defensive defections, I thought we’d get killed on both sides. Played more or less the same on O (not great). I expected corners to get torched but Ohio didn’t have their #1 qb. Their backup QB decent but we should have had 3 INTS. D played ok. The targeting hurt a lot. It’s difficult to get excited for this offense next season . Hopefully some young studs emerge. Feel good about DQ and McNeely. Still need better QB play. Had a few drops on great throws but overall, Peasley being starter doesn’t give me tons of hope. If he improves just a little bit, we could be ok on offense.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:45 pm After a little reflection, we played better than I expected. With Swen dismissed, Braasch bouncing along with the defensive defections, I thought we’d get killed on both sides. Played more or less the same on O (not great). I expected corners to get torched but Ohio didn’t have their #1 qb. Their backup QB decent but we should have had 3 INTS. D played ok. The targeting hurt a lot. It’s difficult to get excited for this offense next season . Hopefully some young studs emerge. Feel good about DQ and McNeely. Still need better QB play. Had a few drops on great throws but overall, Peasley being starter doesn’t give me tons of hope. If he improves just a little bit, we could be ok on offense.
If you like 5-7 wins and a joke bowl game, this is your team.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:45 pm After a little reflection, we played better than I expected. With Swen dismissed, Braasch bouncing along with the defensive defections, I thought we’d get killed on both sides. Played more or less the same on O (not great). I expected corners to get torched but Ohio didn’t have their #1 qb. Their backup QB decent but we should have had 3 INTS. D played ok. The targeting hurt a lot. It’s difficult to get excited for this offense next season . Hopefully some young studs emerge. Feel good about DQ and McNeely. Still need better QB play. Had a few drops on great throws but overall, Peasley being starter doesn’t give me tons of hope. If he improves just a little bit, we could be ok on offense.
Sounds like the status quo. All right LFG!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I don’t share that optimism. I still think that is just one of several serious issues preventing us from having even a middling offense. And nothing in Bohl’s tenure has shown me he has the knowledge or willingness to either adjust to the strengths/weaknesses of players he has or, outside of RBs, successfully recruit to the system he wants to run.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Had to work, didn't get to watch. Sounds like I didn't miss a ton.

7-5, velcro shoes bowl next year. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:05 pm
I don’t share that optimism. I still think that is just one of several serious issues preventing us from having even a middling offense. And nothing in Bohl’s tenure has shown me he has the knowledge or willingness to either adjust to the strengths/weaknesses of players he has or, outside of RBs, successfully recruit to the system he wants to run.
Yep. We start with a different offensive scheme with success and revert right back to the stale predictable offense that hasn’t garnered much success. I don’t get it…..
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:03 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:05 pm

Yep. We start with a different offensive scheme with success and revert right back to the stale predictable offense that hasn’t garnered much success. I don’t get it…..
His name is Craig Bohl. The hilarity was that even the dolts at Barstool were able to cull the little nugget that 65% plus drives for UW start with a run. When those idiots can extract such a mind numbing stat, it has to be obvious to real football minds. And yet…here we are. The second half was vintage Craig Bohl. Vintage. Package it up. Put it under the tree. Open that package in September. Shake well. Wait til December…magically, we have 6-7 wins, are in a useless bowl and all frustrated.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Took 2nd place mac team to overtime with 3rd youngest team in US. Lots of defections prior to game. Need a qb but not terrible. In a g5 playoff world, WYO would be in decent shape. Lots of chicken Littles in here
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.