AZ Bowl Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

His name is Craig Bohl. The hilarity was that even the dolts at Barstool were able to cull the little nugget that 65% plus drives for UW start with a run. When those idiots can extract such a mind numbing stat, it has to be obvious to real football minds. And yet…here we are. The second half was vintage Craig Bohl. Vintage. Package it up. Put it under the tree. Open that package in September. Shake well. Wait til December…magically, we have 6-7 wins, are in a useless bowl and all frustrated.
[/quote]

Except that on 5 of 7 second half drives (including OT) they started with a pass play. The run game wasn’t there today without a true RB and the QB play wasn’t accurate enough and when it was there were some drops. The defense had opportunities to create turnovers but dropped 3 interceptions and missed out on a strip sack. Frustrating day of football. It’s over, move on to next year.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

MN_Poke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Except that on 5 of 7 second half drives (including OT) they started with a pass play. The run game wasn’t there today without a true RB and the QB play wasn’t accurate enough and when it was there were some drops. The defense had opportunities to create turnovers but dropped 3 interceptions and missed out on a strip sack. Frustrating day of football. It’s over, move on to next year.
Good point. We are just a crap team. The good news is that few saw this last abomination. If a bear farts in the woods and no one knows about it, maybe it didn’t happen and didn’t smell. Have no fear, Run. Run, Pass, Punt will be back again in September.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

What bothers me I think is seeing yet again great fan support at the game in Arizona today and this is pretty much always the case with our fans. Yet we don't receive the love in return. I really wonder if there will be a point where many Wyoming fans simply opt out, as I did this year. I did say that I wouldn't have gone to the game if Bohl had paid my way and I wouldn't have. I've been here at this point more than enough times over the years giving my attention, my money, and my time to a football program that never gets to the other side. The CJC has to be sweating bullets right now hoping for donation dollars with the constant mediocrity this program has shown over the last few seasons. One thing that never seems to change are the excuses. I think that less and less fans throughout the state really care about the football program and it will get a lot worse as many old timers go by the wayside. With the increasing separation in college football and the way things are trending don't be surprised if schools like Montana and Montana State make regular appearances on our schedule within the next several years ahead. I expected more from the Bohl era and I probably speak for thousands in stating this. I hope things change but I'm not optimistic they will.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Same ol same ol...2 more seasons of another 7-5 bowl, hoooooray, it's been awhile since we've been to the New Mexico Bowl, our rotation can't wait
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:17 pm What bothers me I think is seeing yet again great fan support at the game in Arizona today and this is pretty much always the case with our fans. Yet we don't receive the love in return. I really wonder if there will be a point where many Wyoming fans simply opt out, as I did this year. I did say that I wouldn't have gone to the game if Bohl had paid my way and I wouldn't have. I've been here at this point more than enough times over the years giving my attention, my money, and my time to a football program that never gets to the other side. The CJC has to be sweating bullets right now hoping for donation dollars with the constant mediocrity this program has shown over the last few seasons. One thing that never seems to change are the excuses. I think that less and less fans throughout the state really care about the football program and it will get a lot worse as many old timers go by the wayside. With the increasing separation in college football and the way things are trending don't be surprised if schools like Montana and Montana State make regular appearances on our schedule within the next several years ahead. I expected more from the Bohl era and I probably speak for thousands in stating this. I hope things change but I'm not optimistic they will.
Bingo.
Signed, a Long Time Former Generational Donor.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:27 pm The DBs are 10 yards off our receivers. Just freaking toss it to the WR time after time after time until they play tighter, then run a different route. geez this offense is TRASH
It was that way the entire season. Any passing offense worth a dime will win against Wyoming defensive plan.