That broadcast and bowl were a joke

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:04 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:54 pm

I get that perspective. I just want more. That’s all. Maybe it’s time that I pick a different horse that wants more than a nice trip to Tucson every couple of years and a trip to Boise the rest of the time. I hate mediocrity. Others are content with a Bud Light and a nice trip to Arizona. I get it.
If you want more, you're going to have to hitch your plow to a different horse. I'm resigned to the status we've been stuck in for a long time now. And the portal and NIL are just going to make it worse. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see anything on the horizon to change our predicament.
It doesn’t have to be that way, but it will be. You are right. We love mediocrity. It is AOK with our coach, admin, University and state. The dirty little secret though? It’s a slow death. It never ends well. It is more destructive - in a lot of ways - than losing and being upset about it. My kid won’t be going to UW so maybe I’ll have a chance to finally shed giving a damn about WYoming. Nobody else seems to. Why should I? In a couple years, I’ll be laughing at WYoming with everyone else on Barstool sports.
wrxman
Buckaroo

Maybe send your kid to CU, see how that goes.
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:15 pm

If you want more, you're going to have to hitch your plow to a different horse. I'm resigned to the status we've been stuck in for a long time now. And the portal and NIL are just going to make it worse. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see anything on the horizon to change our predicament.
It doesn’t have to be that way, but it will be. You are right. We love mediocrity. It is AOK with our coach, admin, University and state. The dirty little secret though? It’s a slow death. It never ends well. It is more destructive - in a lot of ways - than losing and being upset about it. My kid won’t be going to UW so maybe I’ll have a chance to finally shed giving a damn about WYoming. Nobody else seems to. Why should I? In a couple years, I’ll be laughing at WYoming with everyone else on Barstool sports.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

CU at least tries to change things. They at least have given themselves a fighting chance and a little excitement. We have cold oatmeal.

And CU is actually a top-tier academic institution. UW is crap.
Last edited by LawPoke on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

“We”?

You’re preaching to the choir.

Get off the cross, we need the wood.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 pm

“We”?

For building what?

Royal “we” sub…royal we.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

You’re just whining now. I’ll always be a Wyoming fan. Wyo til I die. Hope you are just ranting
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:34 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:32 pm

“We”?

For building what?

Royal “we” sub…royal we.
An ark.

Lol, I forgot the ;)

All meant tongue in cheek.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:35 pm

You’re just whining now. I’ll always be a Wyoming fan. Wyo til I die. Hope you are just ranting
Other than the part about my kid not wanting to go to UW…give me real proof of how the rest of my post is wrong. What am I missing? Where is the evidence that UW and WYoming athletics (let’s leave the state out of this for now-we know it is hopeless) are doing anything to improve our lot and become great? Have you checked out our NIL partner’s site? Do. I encourage you. It will be eye-opening in its frivolity. They are literally offering student athletes for $1 a pop. It is insulting. Then go look at The Swarm at Iowa. CJC hasn’t had a new idea since the 5K campaign, which we never achieved (but we just swept that under the rug). Our facilities are second tier. We do everything half assed. And it shows. And it is catching up to us.

And I haven’t even started on the wonderment that is the rest of UW academically. Peek behind that curtain and you will learn things that will suck any remaining hope you have our your butthole sideways.
Last edited by LawPoke on Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I get it though. Call me weak, or a bad fan, or whatever, but after 40 years I think Im done devoting so much time, energy, and money into something that not only doesn’t produce, but in the grand scheme of things is not nearly as important as I have chosen to make it. It’s just not a rewarding experience nor a sense of personal pride anymore. And the recent developments in regards to college athletics and what is inevitably coming have done nothing but cheapen the entire landscape.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:42 pm

Other than the part about my kid not wanting to go to UW…give me real proof of how the rest of my post is wrong. What am I missing? Where is the evidence that UW and WYoming athletics (let’s leave the state out of this for now-we know it is hopeless) are doing anything to improve our lot and become great? Have you checked out our NIL partner’s site? Do. I encourage you. It will be eye-opening in its frivolity. They are literally offering student athletes for $1 a pop. It is insulting. Then go look at The Swarm at Iowa. CJC hasn’t had a new idea since the 5K campaign, which we never achieved (but we just swept that under the rug). Our facilities are second tier. We do everything half assed. And it shows. And it is catching up to us.

And I haven’t even started on the wonderment that is the rest of UW academically. Peek behind that curtain and you will learn things that will suck any remaining hope you have our your butthole sideways.
Don’t care. My UW degree has served me well and you get great value here. I will always support UW athletics. It’s who I am and is a part of me. Can’t and won’t change. You do you I guess
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:42 pm And I haven’t even started on the wonderment that is the rest of UW academically. Peek behind that curtain and you will learn things that will suck any remaining hope you have our your butthole sideways.
Sorry to derail this…

Curious if this is referring to UW specific issues or just the overall degradation of post secondary academics.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:49 pm

I get it though. Call me weak, or a bad fan, or whatever, but after 40 years I think Im done devoting so much time, energy, and money into something that not only doesn’t produce, but in the grand scheme of things is not nearly as important as I have chosen to make it. It’s just not a rewarding experience nor a sense of personal pride anymore. And the recent developments in regards to college athletics and what is inevitably coming have done nothing but cheapen the entire landscape.
I hear you concerning the macro landscape of college athletics. It sucks, but it’s out of my control. I still and always will love the Pokes
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:57 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:42 pm And I haven’t even started on the wonderment that is the rest of UW academically. Peek behind that curtain and you will learn things that will suck any remaining hope you have our your butthole sideways.
Sorry to derail this…

Curious if this is referring to UW specific issues or just the overall degradation of post secondary academics.
Both. But more UW.

Here’s a test: Name 10 programs with distinction and much of any funding through outside investment (grants included, excluding block grant dollars) flowing to them on the campus. Name 5.

Now, envision what happens when 1/2 of the block grant evaporates over the next decade when our economy bottoms out and Biden bucks are gone to balance the state budget.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:58 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:49 pm

I hear you concerning the macro landscape of college athletics. It sucks, but it’s out of my control. I still and always will love the Pokes
But there are things we could do. Investments we could make. Innovation we could try. But we don’t. We just let bad things happen to us and don’t have even a thought about how to counterpunch. And I’m not talking about competition with Michigan and Alabama…
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Our facilities are far from second tier. I am as disappointed as any fan, and believe if we could see a bit different offensive scheme things could be different. That said, defensively were pretty good. Kids are coming here because they have a chance to learn, develop and possibly go to the NFL as a linebacker. It’s pretty cool to see. I was talking to Logan Wilson’s sister. The Bengals don’t even have an indoor practice facility.

We don’t have second tier facilities by ANY means.

Like Lander, Wyoming till I die. I hope my wife has Steamboat put on my pine box.
Last edited by Itsux2beaewe on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:02 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:57 pm

Sorry to derail this…

Both. But more UW.

Here’s a test: Name 10 programs with distinction and much of any funding through outside investment (grants included, excluding block grant dollars) flowing to them on the campus. Name 5.

Now, envision what happens when 1/2 of the block grant evaporates over the next decade when our economy bottoms out and Biden bucks are gone to balance the state budget.
Gotcha. Outside of engineering…. and that well is drying up.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 pm

Our facilities are far from second tier. I am as disappointed as any fan, and believe if we could see a bit different offensive scheme things could be different. That said, defensively were pretty good. Kids are coming here because they have a chance to learn, develop and possibly go to the NFL as a linebacker. It’s pretty cool to see. I was talking to Logan Wilson’s sister. The Bengals don’t even have an indoor practice facility.

Arguable. But accepting your perspective on facilities for a minute, take a stab at the rest of my post.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:10 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:05 pm

Arguable. But accepting your perspective on facilities for a minute, take a stab at the rest of my post.
Academics, possibly, but this forum is for Wyoming Cowboy football.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:11 pm

We can talk about academics in the UW football forum. Just as long it has to do with UW.

As Mills Lane (longtime boxing ref) would say "I'll allow it."
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:11 pm

To be fair, the academics are (or should be, naive I know) part and parcel to the athletics.