Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Rough stat line for Thompson: 0 pts, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 turnover, 5 fouls
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

A lot of effort in 2nd half. Actually covered the spread.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:50 pm Rough stat line for Thompson: 0 pts, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 1 turnover, 5 fouls
Ya he sucks and has for years
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

The "power" head coaches think they have in contolling young "inexperienced" players has always baffled me. Take the blinders off and let go of the leash and let the youngens run wild, it may surprise said head coach? Won't hurt much rest of this season......(didn't watch or listen to any of the Boise game, what happened to Thompson, no points and fouled out???hmmmmm)
Pokes4L
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time

On a positive note, Powell kid looked pretty good last night. Will be a really good player for us in the future I think.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:33 pm ? Won't hurt much rest of this season......(didn't watch or listen to any of the Boise game, what happened to Thompson, no points and fouled out???hmmmmm)
It could just be me, but I felt like he must have been told not to shoot. Every time he got the ball he immediately looked to pass it.

Powell did look pretty good for a freshman.

I don’t understand officiating. I guess I don’t know what constitutes a foul. Too often what looks to me like a foul isn’t called and what doesn’t look like a foul is called. And the announcers don’t help. They’re busy jabbering about stuff not related to the game and fail to inform or they don’t see what is clear to the viewer and are wrong about what happened. Three minutes later they finally agree with me as to what really happened
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:17 pm
stymeman wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:33 pm ? Won't hurt much rest of this season......(didn't watch or listen to any of the Boise game, what happened to Thompson, no points and fouled out???hmmmmm)
It could just be me, but I felt like he must have been told not to shoot. Every time he got the ball he immediately looked to pass it.

I don’t understand officiating. I guess I don’t know what constitutes a foul. Too often what looks to me like a foul isn’t called and what doesn’t look like a foul is called. And the announcers don’t help. They’re busy jabbering about stuff not related to the game and fail to inform or they don’t see what is clear to the viewer and are wrong about what happened. Three minutes later they finally agree with me as to what really happened
Too bad the officiating isn’t more consistent. It’s gotta be tough to play and not know what/when fouls will be called. I think MW officiating is way behind other conferences with consistency and quality.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:27 pm

Too bad the officiating isn’t more consistent. It’s gotta be tough to play and not know what/when fouls will be called. I think MW officiating is way behind other conferences with consistency and quality.
It could be worse......they coulda been NFL refs. :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:27 pm

[/quote

Then there ate refs that anticipate a foul and blow their whistle before it even might happen