OT - Conrad Dobler Passing

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

RIP to a truly unique individual and a larger than life personality. Really enjoyed speaking with him and hearing his stories.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

As a kid (kind of) loved the meet & greets with him in during the Shurmer days.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

RIP Conrad Dobler
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

I have a good friend who played at UW with Conrad Dobler. He wasn’t just crazy on the football field………. He tells of a story when they were driving through Laramie and he shot a hole through the floorboard of the car they were driving in.

RIP.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:47 pm As a kid (kind of) loved the meet & greets with him in during the Shurmer days.
How about backyard BBQs at a certain townhouse on 16th, or a post-LV show beverage session at the Trop? I know you missed the latter, but you never made the former?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

A great player that unfortunately many of the more recent Pokes fans are totally unaware of. Here's hoping the Dobler family is honored at halftime of a home game this season. As a young boy I was introduced to Cowboy football in the last 2 years of Dobler's Laramie career. RIP.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:39 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:47 pm As a kid (kind of) loved the meet & greets with him in during the Shurmer days.
How about backyard BBQs at a certain townhouse on 16th, or a post-LV show beverage session at the Trop? I know you missed the latter, but you never made the former?
One of us is blessed with a better memory than the other!!! I don't remember the Trop - sure I was there though...LOL. Same with 16th, although I remember having to do a beer bond filled with beer, jack, and Copenhagen once. That was a lovely night.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...