New Mexico

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:16 pm That’s the kind of effort and D I thought we’d get more often. Good job cowboys. Way to get one in the pit!
My step-son who is on faculty at the med school at UNM but a die hard UW supporter was at the game. He says the UNM fans were in shock after the game. Far cry from last year when UW was ranked and lost down there.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:23 am NM missed House who always kills us. Now we need to beat AF and CSU to avoid last place
With three of the next five in Laramie, a day trip to FoCo, and a flight and overnight in SD, if we play like we did at The Pit, many of those games start shifting from improbable to quite possible wins. Thumbnail handicapping, I'd put us at -1.5 v. AFA, +4 v. USU, +2 v. CSEwe, +3.5 v. Nevada, and +10 v. SDSU.

I know House's absence affects the Lobos a great deal, but there's still a lot of talent on that team, but they seem to be going where we were all season- no heart. Heart will go a long way with the 'Pokes playing 3 home games and 1 at Moby...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:45 am
laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:16 pm That’s the kind of effort and D I thought we’d get more often. Good job cowboys. Way to get one in the pit!
My step-son who is on faculty at the med school at UNM but a die hard UW supporter was at the game. He says the UNM fans were in shock after the game. Far cry from last year when UW was ranked and lost down there.
It's nice to return the favor. Our loss there last year was when our season started to turn south
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Sure hope we can get a big home crowd at the final home game against Nevada. The seniors and in my mind Maldo, needs to see our appreciation. Might go a big way to any kids on the bubble about transferring. Ike……