Spring Football...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Udubalum07
Buckaroo
Been liked: 3 times

It would be a really cool story if he ends up making an impact. He has size and athleticism. He also seems to have a great attitude. I hope it works out.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm
LawPoke wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:40 am
You are right. Forgot about McNeely.
Why would we not use our most explosive player DQ James? DQ should be getting half the snaps IMO.
Agree 💯- I thought he should have got more touches last year.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:00 am
Udubalum07 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 am The Caden Becker move is definitely interesting. He had excellent athletic scores, and I live in omaha and saw him live a few times. He was always a better athlete than just a passer. If he still wants to be a quarterback then I wouldn't be surprised if a transfer announcement may be coming.

I'm intrigued on Evan Svaboda who Bohl praised quite a bit. If you watch highlights, he definitely has a lot of arm talent. I was hoping he would win the starting job or backup last year. Bohl said he is going to get a lot of looks in spring practices, and I would love to see an open competition for starter, but I think that is nailed down for Peasley regardless of shay anybody does.
I can't recall seeing a QB to defensive end change anywhere before. It is very intriguing. But he might just be a guy that wants to get on the field and let it fly (which is great for a defensive end but not so great for a QB).
He requested the change to the D.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:17 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 pm

Why would we not use our most explosive player DQ James? DQ should be getting half the snaps IMO.
Agree 💯- I thought he should have got more touches last year.
I don’t disagree because we should be finding other ways to get him the ball but he did get injured with the current number touches. I think Harrison and Dawaiian should get most of the carries and we should design plays around DQ. He’d be a great decoy for counters to his designed play.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:41 pm Becker asked to switch positions and he loves Laramie! Very refreshing.

https://7220sports.com/caden-becker-not ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Becker has the skills imo to be a really good player on defense. He posted some weightlifting videos on twitter and it's impressive. Thought it was going to be a Levi Williams situation with him getting huge and pushing cars and making videos and then sucking at playing QB, but the position switch is good to see. I have heard he is one of the faster players on the team regardless of position - all at 230 lbs or whatever he is.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:27 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:41 pm Becker asked to switch positions and he loves Laramie! Very refreshing.

https://7220sports.com/caden-becker-not ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Becker has the skills imo to be a really good player on defense. He posted some weightlifting videos on twitter and it's impressive. Thought it was going to be a Levi Williams situation with him getting huge and pushing cars and making videos and then sucking at playing QB, but the position switch is good to see. I have heard he is one of the faster players on the team regardless of position - all at 230 lbs or whatever he is.
If we’re going to have a qb that cant throw, might as well have a big freak athlete.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 43 times

Cya this fall I'm out til then!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:51 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:27 pm

If we’re going to have a qb that cant throw, might as well have a big freak athlete.
The qb position throws?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:44 am

The qb position throws?
Even more shocking is according to the Casper Star's article he was asked to change positions due to his lack of passing accuracy . I really wonder why defensive end was where they moved him, why not tight end or line backer given his reported speed and size?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

doreno5 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:52 pm

The qb position throws?
Even more shocking is according to the Casper Star's article he was asked to change positions due to his lack of passing accuracy . I really wonder why defensive end was where they moved him, why not tight end or line backer given his reported speed and size?
Who would have thought a QB that completed 40% of his passes in HS would have accuracy issues.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

The qb position throws?
As odd as it seems……at many college football teams they do use the qb to throw. Seems odd. 😜