How many are going to the spring game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:14 am Is there a place i should be eating at while i'm in laramie? It's been a while since I've dined in town and I'm not in the know for good places to eat.
McAllisters is my go to. Close to the stadium, walking distance.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Thoughts from the game - Svoboda has an arm.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:13 pm Thoughts from the game - Svoboda has an arm.
So you’re saying that even if he has talent, Bohl will still have Peasley start.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:13 pm Thoughts from the game - Svoboda has an arm.
Dax Crum looked amazing in practice
I'm good for 3!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Speaking of Crum he went on to get a PhD in semi conductor physics or something like that.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Defense is going to be nasty this year
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:29 pm
So you’re saying that even if he has talent, Bohl will still have Peasley start.
Peasley did not look very good today. Stared down the receiver, ball floated and was picked off for a pick 6 (and another INT).
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

I think the defense is gonna be awesome. I picture the offense like a good Sean Chambers moment. They are gonna have to let Peasley run. Svboda can run. Let them hit throws to tight ends. But the QB is going to stare down the first option and if it’s not there run. We have two good tight ends, 3 good banged up running backs, and athletic QBs.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:35 pm I think the defense is gonna be awesome. I picture the offense like a good Sean Chambers moment. They are gonna have to let Peasley run. Svboda can run. Let them hit throws to tight ends. But the QB is going to stare down the first option and if it’s not there run. We have two good tight ends, 3 good banged up running backs, and athletic QBs.
8 or 9 in the box will stuff the o like normal if qb can't throw. I was worried about this. OOC is a little tougher this year. Not going to run over a p5 opponent who knows what's coming
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:35 pm I think the defense is gonna be awesome. I picture the offense like a good Sean Chambers moment. They are gonna have to let Peasley run. Svboda can run. Let them hit throws to tight ends. But the QB is going to stare down the first option and if it’s not there run. We have two good tight ends, 3 good banged up running backs, and athletic QBs.
I agree with this assessment. Peasley is very fast. If he is going to be the guy, then utilize his strength (running) and give him throws with higher chances of success.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:26 am
I agree with this assessment. Peasley is very fast. If he is going to be the guy, then utilize his strength (running) and give him throws with higher chances of success.
We already had this QB before and it didn't work.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:01 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:26 am

We already had this QB before and it didn't work.
Yep. 1 dimensional is 1 dimensional no matter who is running the ball. D assignments are much easier unless you're running an offense like the triple option.

Like usual, only wins will be against teams POKES have physical advantage and the D can keep close.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:19 pm
Speaking of Crum he went on to get a PhD in semi conductor physics or something like that.
Impressive and good for him. A true student athlete.
I'm good for 3!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

From what I read and have been told the offense will still be 2 runs up the middle or off tackle, followed by an incomplete pass. God this getting tiring.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:31 am From what I read and have been told the offense will still be 2 runs up the middle or off tackle, followed by an incomplete pass. God this getting tiring.
10 years in and people were believing Bohl's BS about a changed offense. A tiger doesn't change its stripes. Our receiving corps is terrible and our QB is subpar. I like Peasley, but he is not even a mid-tier D1 prospect. Until Grant gets the boot as the WR coach and we bring in a true QB coach, and not an O-line guy that we fit into the spot, we are a .500 squad.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:54 am
doreno5 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:31 am From what I read and have been told the offense will still be 2 runs up the middle or off tackle, followed by an incomplete pass. God this getting tiring.
10 years in and people were believing Bohl's BS about a changed offense. A tiger doesn't change its stripes. Our receiving corps is terrible and our QB is subpar. I like Peasley, but he is not even a mid-tier D1 prospect. Until Grant gets the boot as the WR coach and we bring in a true QB coach, and not an O-line guy that we fit into the spot, we are a .500 squad.
It's unreal how bad the coaching staff is on offense.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:39 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:54 am

It's unreal how bad the coaching staff is on offense.
It's mind boggling. At this point, it's clear as day that Josh Allen was the nut a bunch of blind squirrels found. He succeeded despite this system, not because of it. The fact he found success in this system is a real testament of his ability.

Hell, the staff needs to start promoting this. We have developed the most rigorous qb evaluation program ever. Few, if any, will ever make it. However, if you can rise to the occasion to complete 56% of your passes for 200 yards per game, you are destined to a hall of fame nfl career.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Easy solution...injuries to our top 4 running backs and pretty much only walk-ons left and lack of tackle depth. Forced to pass then. At the spring game, there were twice as many throws as runs because I believe only one or two scholarship running backs received carries and because we were so thin at tackle that the tackles were playing all-time offense.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I didn’t think it was a good sign Peasely was ordained starter and still don’t. We essentially know what we have. He had a lot of bad games and gets a pass. Clemons comes in and beats CSU and has a bad game against BSU and gets the hook. Peasely had multiple bad games like Clemons had against BSU. It’s a bad sign when Svoboda and Clemons aren’t pushing to replace a lower mid QB.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:08 am I didn’t think it was a good sign Peasely was ordained starter and still don’t. We essentially know what we have. He had a lot of bad games and gets a pass. Clemons comes in and beats CSU and has a bad game against BSU and gets the hook. Peasely had multiple bad games like Clemons had against BSU. It’s a bad sign when Svoboda and Clemons aren’t pushing to replace a lower mid QB.
I believe Svoboda is pushing Peasley. Bohl has sung Svoboda's praises all Spring and he was clearly at least the #2 guy at the end of Spring (Clemons got no snaps with the #1 offense while Svoboda played for both teams in the scrimmage). Anyone that watched that Svoboda laser of a throw in the wind knows he is the more talented passer. Clemons is clearly not the answer.

But we all know (barring injury) that Peasley will be the starter come fall. However, I think his leash might be shorter than QBs have seen in previous years. This reminds me a lot of the Cam Coffman/Josh Allen situation.