Xavier Dusell To the Portal

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

wyosports wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:34 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:48 am

Don't hold your breath waiting for him to be more specific or otherwise back up his claims.
Coach got mad after a road loss and had words with one of the asst. coaches and ended up leaving him in the airport, to find his own way home. I think there will be at least one more coaching change to the staff.
Crazy. Marc Rodgers?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:48 am

Don't hold your breath waiting for him to be more specific or otherwise back up his claims.
Coach got mad after a road loss and had words with one of the asst. coaches and ended up leaving him in the airport, to find his own way home. I think there will be at least one more coaching change to the staff.
If this is true, that assistant coach is an invertebrate. If an employer abandoned me in another city and told me to find my way home I'd be done with that job. All the coaches finished the season
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:45 pm

If this is true, that assistant coach is an invertebrate. If an employer abandoned me in another city and told me to find my way home I'd be done with that job. All the coaches finished the season
If this is true, that poses some interesting liability issues for the program.
wyosports
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

I was not there but have heard this twice from two different people. (One that was in the airport at the time.)
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 50 times

307bball wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:25 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:33 am These guys really are p***** that run from problems rather than face then. Weak minded losers. If they are indicative of their generation our country is royally screwed
Oden and X are different though right? I mean what the Cali transfers did was IMO pretty "weak minded" to borrow your term. Reynolds and Barnhardt...meh...but X and Oden had shown mental toughness over time...I can't just chalk those two up a desire to "run from problems". I would say the same thing about Valladay in football...I mean is there ever a case where a transfer is not met with derision and character assassination?
Yeah, I'm not going to knock Oden, Dusell, or Ike. Those guys joined when we were bad and played their asses off for us. Never saw a time when they backed down or quit. Like you said, same with Valladay. For me, those guys will always be Cowboys.

Hopefully, Linder learns and changes a bit from this season. Tough love is ok as long as you make sure to give a lot of love.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:49 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:45 pm
If this is true, that poses some interesting liability issues for the program.
Too much unknown, to jump to that conclusion, at this point. That said, we are borderline at having a "lack of institutional control" at Wyoming. We need a top down change, the current AD, and his pals, have run their course. Anyone that has been there for more than 10 years needs to go.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Are we an Indiana junior...and have a coach with Bobby Knight traits??? Time will tell
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:34 am Are we an Indiana junior...and have a coach with Bobby Knight traits??? Time will tell
I can handle that if it comes with the 3 national championships and 5 final fours