Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

So much for loyalty!'

It's hard to imagine a player being shown more love and support than what UW, Linder and his staff and Cowboys fans showed Ike. This is a major kick in the nuts. Wow. Talk about stabbing people in the back. So much for all those jerseys people went out of their way to buy to show Ike love.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Major, major, major blow to Wyoming Basketball. I hope he ends up somewhere out east...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

*flushing sound intensifies*
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:44 am Major, major, major blow to Wyoming Basketball. I hope he ends up somewhere out east...
Seriously? As I posted before and everyone ignored, you didn't think it a bit suspicious that everyone was jumping ship? Of course they knew or had good reason to know that Ike was not coming back. That's why they left. If they thought he was returning, they would have stayed! The level of surprise and outrage on this board is stupefying.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Dam….
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:59 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:44 am Major, major, major blow to Wyoming Basketball. I hope he ends up somewhere out east...
Seriously? As I posted before and everyone ignored, you didn't think it a bit suspicious that everyone was jumping ship? Of course they knew or had good reason to know that Ike was not coming back. That's why they left. If they thought he was returning, they would have stayed! The level of surprise and outrage on this board is stupefying.
I don't know, of course hindsight is 20/20, as you are pointing out. Ike just spent a few days in Cheyenne with kids, and it was postured everywhere for us fans to see. So ya, call me surprised on this one. FML
Dear Karma,

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

The program has completely collapsed. This is insane. I'm in shock.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

This one hurts worse because we convinced ourselves that Ike was loyal to Linder. Now it is clear that loyalty does not matter anymore. The portal and NIL are ruining college basketball and football. Hopefully good for the athletes but terrible for the fans.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:59 am
Does it hurt?...yes...should it surprise? no.

People made comments worrying that Ike would be transferring after the season back when it was announced that he would not be returning for any games this season. Those people (including me) got shouted at like they were "chicken littles". It is a mystery to me why people are surprised when we suck....it is much more surprising when we are any good. Being bad to mediocre, or predicting less than good results requires no explanation....predicting excellence or achievement is what requires some explaining.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

doreno5 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:05 am This one hurts worse because we convinced ourselves that Ike was loyal to Linder. Now it is clear that loyalty does not matter anymore. The portal and NIL are ruining college basketball and football. Hopefully good for the athletes but terrible for the fans.
Yeah. Ike just took a giant s*** all over Linder, the one coach that stood by him through thick and thin.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ESPN already? Jesus that was fast...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... fer-portal
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

McPeachy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:12 am ESPN already? Jesus that was fast...

Unreal. Ike used and abused everyone in his path here.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:12 am ESPN already? Jesus that was fast...

Going to get some Nil money because he bb career going to be short.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:22 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am

Going to get some Nil money because he bb career going to be short.
Ike just seems like a phony piece of poop now
307bball
WyoNation Addict

I've been prepared for this moment in my head, part of me knew this was coming... but it still hurts...man what a blow.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He’s going to get life changing money some where, can’t say I blame him. College sports has been a business for a very long time and he’s making a capitalistic choice.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 64 times

I think Ike made his mind up a long time ago. I think his teammates knew. I'm just not sure this is the huge blow to the program everyone assumes it is. He is injury prone. What are the odds he makes it through an entire season in one piece? One out of 3 isn't great.

So, now Linder is at square one. Let's see what he can do to recruit players who really want to be here and embrace his work ethic. It will be interesting, to say the least.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:07 pm I think Ike made his mind up a long time ago. I think his teammates knew. I'm just not sure this is the huge blow to the program everyone assumes it is. He is injury prone. What are the odds he makes it through an entire season in one piece? One out of 3 isn't great.

So, now Linder is at square one. Let's see what he can do to recruit players who really want to be here and embrace his work ethic. It will be interesting, to say the least.
His statement about not retuning this season but coming back stronger next year that didn't contain the words "Wyoming" or "Cowboy" should have been a pretty good clue I guess.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:07 pm I think Ike made his mind up a long time ago. I think his teammates knew. I'm just not sure this is the huge blow to the program everyone assumes it is. He is injury prone. What are the odds he makes it through an entire season in one piece? One out of 3 isn't great.

Probably a bit why they played like poop too. They all knew he’d never play so they all kicked it into neutral.
W-Y, Until I Die!