Ike gone

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Very classy of Ike to announce this today while Linder is at his dad's funeral. Couldn't have waited a few days, nope.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Just hope he goes somewhere other than MW, especially Ft Colon.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:53 pm Very classy of Ike to announce this today while Linder is at his dad's funeral. Couldn't have waited a few days, nope.
I just had said on another thread how classy was Ike spent the time with kids in Cheyenne.

I have to eat my words - totally cowardly and lowest of low to announce on the day LInders burying his dad.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:04 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:53 pm Very classy of Ike to announce this today while Linder is at his dad's funeral. Couldn't have waited a few days, nope.
I just had said on another thread how classy was Ike spent the time with kids in Cheyenne.

I have to eat my words - totally cowardly and lowest of low to announce on the day LInders burying his dad.
I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect Ike was compensated for that visit to the little kids.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Ike may have simply been honoring an existing NIL commitment in Cheyenne to be honest... I was wrong. I thought it signaled that a new NIL deal had been struck.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:06 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but I suspect Ike was compensated for that visit to the little kids.
I suspect this as well...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'm done with all things UW for awhile...done
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Maybe the Kyman family can go find something else to do than troll Wyoming boards now. If you read this, your son sucks at basketball. I've seen bar stools play better defense.
Last edited by SDPokeFan on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:06 pm

Still, he couldn’t have waited for another day? Of all days - it’s like he wanted to inflict pain to Linder. I dont get it.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:28 pm Maybe the Kyman family can go find something else to do than troll Wyoming boards now. If you read this, your son sucks at basketball. I've seen bar stools player better defense.
I second the motion. Hopefully he gets that assistant manager position watching paint dry, he may find his niche'.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Man, I really hope that the timing of Ike's announcement was simply a case of really unfortunate timing and not anything intentional or malicious. He seemed like a pretty good kid.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:26 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:07 pm I think Ike made his mind up a long time ago. I think his teammates knew. I'm just not sure this is the huge blow to the program everyone assumes it is. He is injury prone. What are the odds he makes it through an entire season in one piece? One out of 3 isn't great.

So, now Linder is at square one. Let's see what he can do to recruit players who really want to be here and embrace his work ethic. It will be interesting, to say the least.
Probably a bit why they played like poop too. They all knew he’d never play so they all kicked it into neutral.
God bless Maldo, he never quit.
Vancopoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

The new world of NILs has effectively killed Wyoming basketball. We'll be a revolving door full of free agents every year.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:50 pm I'm done with all things UW for awhile...done
I ain’t gonna lie, this is exactly how I felt when I saw the report. After some thought, I’m emboldened to support Linder and The Pokes basketball team. If something comes out about LInders character or something else improper, then that needs to addressed. To be honest if any of the accusations that have been insinuated were true, Linder leaving players at an airport to find their own way home, striking players, etc, - does anyone really believe that wouldn’t have been dealt with at the time it happened? Really! Unless and until someone provides proof, I’ll stand behind Linder. And I’ll do my damndest to be at more home games next year. I think it’s all poop and Ike and the rest of em, all $h1t all over the fans as much as anyone. I’ll be damned if he takes my support away!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

The mantra Cowboy Tough will rarely ever be used by me, and this is a hard pill to swallow......my loyalty goes only so far anymore....pathetic and disgusting at the same time
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Also i have a ?....Does Laramie really truly suck as almost all our student athletes think it does??? Really?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:19 pm Also i have a ?....Does Laramie really truly suck as almost all our student athletes think it does??? Really?
Suck, as in, no massive nightclubs, strip bars, 24 hour drinking, shopping malls, traffic, etc.? Yes - it sucks that way.

Laramie is 2 hours from Denver, if an athlete needs to get stuck in traffic, shot at, or hang with the homeless - they can go for it there.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:19 pm Also i have a ?....Does Laramie really truly suck as almost all our student athletes think it does??? Really?
I addressed this in a different. Let's see how many follow Sundance to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Worse winters and just as terrible of a nightlife, if not worse. The Laramie stinks argument does not hold water with me.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:51 pm
I addressed this in a different. Let's see how many follow Sundance to Green Bay, Wisconsin. Worse winters and just as terrible of a nightlife, if not worse. The Laramie stinks argument does not hold water with me.
Me too an athlete is an athlete is an athlete no matter where he/she performs....do ur job do it well
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Ooops Millennials and jobs, that does not compute