SDSU to Final Four

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Nice to see a Mountain West team in the Final Four, even if it’s not us.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Even though all the CBB experts can't believe a ref could call that at that time of the game, get over it a team West of the Missouri made it to the final 4....get over it...way to rep the MWC, no matter how much longer the conference stays intact
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Anyone familiar with the payouts to other conference members for the Final Four appearance?
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Happy to see the MWC in the final four. But let's not kid ourselves, SDSU feels no pride being in the MWC and would bolt in instant.
I'm good for 3!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Should pay out at least 8 million to the conference ( that could be an old number too).
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:19 pm Happy to see the MWC in the final four. But let's not kid ourselves, SDSU feels no pride being in the MWC and would bolt in instant.
Agreed...but unless you are in the B1G or the SEC ..... there is no such thing as conference affinity.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I’m not happy to see it . Screw the Aztecs. They are pompous jerks. At least they made us some money.. I suppose
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Never really subscribed to the conference pride line of thinking. Can't stand San Diego St in the in the regular season, certainly don't want to see them excel in the post season, especially when they are just counting down the days until they can leave us and the rest of the conference behind (also totally don't blame them for looking for any and every opportunity to improve their situation).

Not sure that even a BCS run like the SEC had would get me to the point where I would be chanting M-W-C when a conference rival actually won something.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:48 am Never really subscribed to the conference pride line of thinking. Can't stand San Diego St in the in the regular season, certainly don't want to see them excel in the post season, especially when they are just counting down the days until they can leave us and the rest of the conference behind (also totally don't blame them for looking for any and every opportunity to improve their situation).

Not sure that even a BCS run like the SEC had would get me to the point where I would be chanting M-W-C when a conference rival actually won something.
As a Wyoming Alum who has SDSU season tickets, I can state that there are plenty of fans who have been very happy with the MWC, especially as opposed to what happened to the Big East/American and the "Project" and how all of that could have turned out.

That being said, they have wanted to be in the PAC forever, which makes sense as they view themselves as a flagship university in California, which in many ways, they are. Let's face it, if Wyoming were doing as well in basketball and football as SDSU has the last 10 years, and the Big 12 were talking like it was a "given" that we were going to be invited, we'd all be happy too.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:48 am Never really subscribed to the conference pride line of thinking. Can't stand San Diego St in the in the regular season, certainly don't want to see them excel in the post season, especially when they are just counting down the days until they can leave us and the rest of the conference behind (also totally don't blame them for looking for any and every opportunity to improve their situation).

It's real dollars into the University of Wyoming. I hope they win the whole damn thing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:59 am

It's real dollars into the University of Wyoming. I hope they win the whole damn thing.
I agree. Anything to raise prominence of conference is good for the members.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:52 pm
Yeah.. especially after the embarrassing sh*tshow put on by the conference members in March over the past few years. Was starting to become a real narrative but people forget quick.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Yep, when was the last time a MW school has been a national champion of anything?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:26 pm

Yep, when was the last time a MW school has been a national champion of anything?
I think NM in cross country
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:23 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:26 pm

I think NM in cross country
New Mexico women won cross country titles in 2017 and 2015
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Wow, SDSU to the national championship game.

Good for them. Go MW!!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I watched most of the second half. That was one hell of a comeback. It’s weird rooting so hard for a conference opponent. That final couple of possessions was the most excited I’ve been watching basketball in a long time. What a hell of a shot to win it.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

It's surreal being here.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Meh, conference loyalty in the g5 ranks is nothing more than an arranged marriage or marriage of convenience or association of necessity. Money is nice, I guess, but I couldn't care less if it isn't WYO.

I bet on UCONN to cover so I guess that's my dog.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I'm more than a little pissed that we took them to the wire in Laramie with half a team and the whole damn team still left.