Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

J.O. headed to Depaul.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Glad u said former player....the way it should be!!!!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

stymeman wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:20 pm Glad u said former player....the way it should be!!!!
He's playing closer to home. Good for him. Loved his game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

One of my favorite Pokes over the past few seasons and with freakish athleticism. I can't fault a guy for wanting to return home and play for the home team with family nearby. I hope he enjoys success at Depaul.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

JO was a favorite of mine. Thought we could really build with him.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Well, this kinda sucks.

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Poke in New England wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:48 am Well, this kinda sucks.

Ask him how much he likes being in the Wyoming Hall of Fame.........
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wtf
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm

Wtf
Brandon is one of my favorite Cowboys ever. Feels like he has tweeted plenty of positive things about Wyoming before, so not really sure where this is coming from. Not sure something like this will hurt but it definitely won't help. He have some connection to JO or his people?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Poke in New England wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:02 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm

Wtf
Brandon is one of my favorite Cowboys ever. Feels like he has tweeted plenty of positive things about Wyoming before, so not really sure where this is coming from. Not sure something like this will hurt but it definitely won't help. He have some connection to JO or his people?
Seems like very few players reciprocate the love and support that was show them
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:02 pm

Can we finally accept that Laramie is not high on players list to play at? There may be players that come to appreciate it here but it's an acquired taste. It has always been legitimately harder to convince kids to come here and now that the barrier to leaving has gone....they will jump at an opportunity to leave even if it is lateral or slightly down.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Guess this all means very little to him. What an ass hole.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Brandon just wishes this was a DePaul jersey.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

307bball wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:18 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:06 pm

Can we finally accept that Laramie is not high on players list to play at? There may be players that come to appreciate it here but it's an acquired taste. It has always been legitimately harder to convince kids to come here and now that the barrier to leaving has gone....they will jump at an opportunity to leave even if it is lateral or slightly down.
That may or may not be the case. Brandon Ewing had to play his final 2 seasons for the incompetent Heath Schroyer. Schroyer could have 5 Michael Jordans and still finished last. It is still unfathomable to me that Burman kept his job after not only hiring Schroyer, but giving him an extension after a losing conference season.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

You bunch of Nancies. So quick to start hating on a Cowboy great because he voiced a hypothetical based upon today's environment. If you read the comments, he also indicates that he wasn't sure if would have been the right decision to do so, but chose to stand by his word and stay committed to Wyoming during his time here.

Some need to take a break from guzzling the Haterade.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:25 pm You bunch of Nancies. So quick to start hating on a Cowboy great because he voiced a hypothetical based upon today's environment. If you read the comments, he also indicates that he wasn't sure if would have been the right decision to do so, but chose to stand by his word and stay committed to Wyoming during his time here.

+1
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 pm Guess this all means very little to him. What an ass hole.
Doucheist comment of the year. Either you didn't read the whole thread or you're a dumbass. I'm going with dumbass.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:25 pm You bunch of Nancies. So quick to start hating on a Cowboy great because he voiced a hypothetical based upon today's environment. If you read the comments, he also indicates that he wasn't sure if would have been the right decision to do so, but chose to stand by his word and stay committed to Wyoming during his time here.

Exactly. The key to Brandon’s comment is that he refers to after his second year. That’s when McClain was fired and Heath was hired. We all know Heath is an asshole and people tied to Brandon used to post on GWG and it was known that Ewing did not view Schroyer in the same light that he did McClain. He still could have transferred, there just wasn’t NIL and he would have had to sit a year but plenty of kids did even then. He chose to stick it out. I guarantee if he had played all 4 years for McClain or if Shyatt had been hired instead of Heath at that time that Brandon wouldn’t have tweeted this.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:46 pm Guess this all means very little to him. What an ass hole.
You’re completely wrong. As others have pointed out, Ewing is one of the classiest players we have had at Wyoming. He tells the truth and is a great person. You’re way off base here.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

flyfishwyo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:00 pm
Doucheist comment of the year. Either you didn't read the whole thread or you're a dumbass. I'm going with dumbass.
kiss my butt.

He didn’t even add a “but I’m glad I finished my career in the brown and gold” or anything like that. Orbthat he was grateful to be a cowboy and glad that he stayed. And he doubled down on his stance that he should have left UW in the dust in the comments of his tweet. A great was to endear yourself to the people that supported you all these years. Good grief. How can you take it any other way is beyond me
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.