Football Transfer Season, Part 2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:29 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:27 am

Bohl will not replace Peasley with anyone else while Peasley is breathing and has eligibility. Peasley could throw for 40 yards per game and have a 30% completion rate and he would still be the Wyoming starter.
I think you're underestimating Bohl on this one. There's a reason they let May sign with a CC then picked him up after the spring game.

The timing is not coincidence.
I hope you are right and that May can play. I have my doubts on both accounts.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:54 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:29 am

I think you're underestimating Bohl on this one. There's a reason they let May sign with a CC then picked him up after the spring game.

The timing is not coincidence.
I hope you are right and that May can play. I have my doubts on both accounts.
Hard to tell if he'll have the goods for fbs-level football. His signing and the timing of the signing means our roster does not. Bohl knows it and he didn't bring him in to sit on the bench if he's the best option.

If Bohl knew he was going with Peas regardless, then I doubt they pull the trigger on May. Let him play a year CC then sign him or bring someone else in next year. By all accounts, Peas was not good in spring game. May signing is a result of that; he's been available since Dec or Jan.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

On the flip side, I think people are looking too deep into Bohl signing May. We lost QBs to portal and we need 4 bodies. If Bohl helped the QBs with their decision to get into portal knowing May would be their guy, then that’s different. In fact, that would be the ideal scenario.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:19 pm Hope he can learn our immensely complex playbook
Is handoff, handoff, pass, run off the field for punt team that difficult to learn.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:53 am On the flip side, I think people are looking too deep into Bohl signing May. We lost QBs to portal and we need 4 bodies. If Bohl helped the QBs with their decision to get into portal knowing May would be their guy, then that’s different. In fact, that would be the ideal scenario.
I agree with this assessment. What the coaches did know was that the QBs who entered the portal were never going to play QB for Wyoming. I believe the staff intended to bring in QB (they even said so) but didn't really focus just on May. Polasek obviously has connections at Iowa and surely received an honest assessment and the staff probably felt comfortable brining him in from a depth and upside standpoint.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Well we'll know soon enough.

I will say that if nobody overtakes Peas for whatever reason, the Bohl bowl streak might be coming to an end.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:26 am
laxwyo wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:53 am On the flip side, I think people are looking too deep into Bohl signing May. We lost QBs to portal and we need 4 bodies. If Bohl helped the QBs with their decision to get into portal knowing May would be their guy, then that’s different. In fact, that would be the ideal scenario.
I agree with this assessment. What the coaches did know was that the QBs who entered the portal were never going to play QB for Wyoming. I believe the staff intended to bring in QB (they even said so) but didn't really focus just on May. Polasek obviously has connections at Iowa and surely received an honest assessment and the staff probably felt comfortable brining him in from a depth and upside standpoint.
If they can't be in competition for a qb spot at WYO, they likely won't be in competition for a qb spot anywhere in fbs.

If they always wanted to sign a qb since Jan, why not sign one or May earlier?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:21 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:19 pm Hope he can learn our immensely complex playbook
Is handoff, handoff, pass, run off the field for punt team that difficult to learn.
Sarcasm Sheldon