Somewhat political but relating to realignment...

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:13 pm Ask the people in Arizona if climate change is real. We're having the hottest years ever recorded. It's real, and likely too late to do anything about.
Weather and climate are not the same thing. Even the climate experts at the UN have said there is no measurable increase in weather extremes. No more or stronger hurricanes or tornadoes or blizzards. It’s August. It gets hot in Arizona. “Recorded history “ doesn’t go back very far. Do you think this weather is worse than what was experienced in the 1930’s? And measuring the temperature over time doesn’t really tell you anything worthwhile when they have added tons of concrete and asphalt due to their population growth. That stuff traps the heat which affects the temperature.

In Casper this has been a very wet and cool summer. How does that fit with your connection between climate change and the weather?
Last edited by ZapPoke on Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:13 pm Ask the people in Arizona if climate change is real. We're having the hottest years ever recorded. It's real, and likely too late to do anything about.
A very strong el Nino (up to 9 degrees above normal ocean temp) after a triple dip la Nina (up to 9 degrees below normal ocean temp) undoubtedly is playing a role in jet stream dynamics which can explain the unseasonably hot temps.

Wait 2 months or so and there will be a shift to wet and cool in SW; at least that is what strong el Nino has done in the past.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 239 times

ha ha.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:05 am
ha ha.
LanderPoke you gave the appropriate response.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

"Climate Change" is indeed real. It's been getting hotter since the last ice age, which is the better direction to be going in relation to an ice age.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Yeah, man-caused climate change is a hoax. CO2 is a powerful greenhouse gas, but has little effect if we add more. It really makes a difference to a system from about 0-250 parts per million. If we add more CO2 to the earth's system, it's a bit like adding more and more blackout curtains to a window that already has one in an effort to block light. One curtain is sufficient, and more curtains make little to no difference in the darkness. So it is with CO2 and heat/light/energy.

Look up the work of William Happer. He explains it very well. The CO2 "problem" is literally a nothing burger that we don't need to worry about, and global warming is a hoax to make America and Europe less competitive on a global scale.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Y'all are funny. Next you're going to say that the sun revolves around the earth. I'll take the word of the 97%+ of climate scientists that agree on the issue instead.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scie ... te-change/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:09 pm Y'all are funny. Next you're going to say that the sun revolves around the earth. I'll take the word of the 97%+ of climate scientists that agree on the issue instead.

97% ha ha. The old O'bama lie
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:09 pm Y'all are funny. Next you're going to say that the sun revolves around the earth. I'll take the word of the 97%+ of climate scientists that agree on the issue instead.

The bastardization of science for an agenda is wrong. Example: John Kerry citing international agriculture stats to support his position of changes in domestic agriculture. The problem is that the stats he uses are completely irrelevant to the us. We don't slash and burn rain forests.

Quick easy question: do you believe gmos are safe?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:14 pm

And if you are a dissenting scientist you get cancelled and your position on the issue doesn’t count.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

ZapPoke wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:07 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:14 pm
And if you are a dissenting scientist you get cancelled and your position on the issue doesn’t count.
Translation...scientists butt-kissing the people who has the $$$$$$$.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:42 pm

Yes
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:44 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:42 pm

Yes
Do you know the Barry Marshall story?

It's entirely possible for that type of situation to develop at a larger scale. Anytime the result of "science" is a dramatic shift in market share, my skepticism increases dramatically.

This is especially true when climate scientist, like those above, are describing how the echo chamber has developed and those that don't comply are ostracized. You know, like the Barry Marshal situation.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

97% of the people who study the thing for a living believe we should keep studying the thing and put more money into it. Did you know that the Prison Guard Union in california always votes against the 3 strike rule? Police associations also are against decriminalization of drugs. Who could have guessed that people have incentives and routinely prioritize them. Honestly, anyone who believes that CO2 levels is a climate emergency is a lunatic and really should shunned from society. The planet is getting warmer, we can't stop it. If it was getting colder, we couldn't stop it. Are they aiming for some kind of climate neutral temperature where the planet stays the same temp for eternity even though it is always warming and cooling? What a bunch of morons.
W-Y, Until I Die!