UNLV and BSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

I have nothing against UNLV, other than the fact that they eliminated us in The Sweet Sixteen. And I always liked Tark for sticking his thumb in the eye of the NCAA. And I've despised BSU after experiencing the bad behavior of their fans in Reno. My feelings don't cut much ice, but there are many folks who see both UNLV and BSU as diploma mills that are one step above JCs. Will the academic giants Cal and Stanford vote to invite UNLV and BSU into their conference? And then there's the blue field.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Opinions of the schools or their fans aside, because it's pretty irrelevant...

I'd imagine Stanford would go independent. They are the epitome of academic snobbery, but also (and more importantly) can basically print money indefinitely.

Cal is more of a wildcard, but I've seen Cal fans say their administration is just as likely to park their revenue sports in FCS as anything.

Those are the two institutions that have been at the core of the PAC's academic requirements/standards all along....which, along with media market size and school endowment size....have always been the biggest roadblocks to BSU's advancement to a "Power" conference.

I seriously doubt they're suddenly gonna be okay with being in a conference with half (or more) of the MWC. They may be forced to acquiesce to 2-3 schools, but they're not gonna go all-in on a merger.