Depth Chart

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wonder why DQ is not starting. How do they plan to use him this year? They put a JC newcomer as the starter? Seems weird and unlike Bohl to elevate a newcomer so quickly. Maybe Ferrell is really good

I see that the two new WRs couldn't crack the starting lineup in our vaunted group of receivers. Doesn't give me much hope for improvement in the passing game.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Completely agree about the transfer WRs. Not encouraging to see them listed as backups.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:55 pm Completely agree about the transfer WRs. Not encouraging to see them listed as backups.
But, then again, it does take 3.5 years to get a good grasp on our incredibly thick and complex play book. So it's dumb for us to expect anything more from them :roll:
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

They're WR transfers and probably still focused on polished route running. They're still learning how to run block.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:44 pm Wonder why DQ is not starting. How do they plan to use him this year? They put a JC newcomer as the starter? Seems weird and unlike Bohl to elevate a newcomer so quickly. Maybe Ferrell is really good

I see that the two new WRs couldn't crack the starting lineup in our vaunted group of receivers. Doesn't give me much hope for improvement in the passing game.
I’m not surprised. Bohl has always underutilized DQ when healthy. DQ isn’t a bruiser so he is never going to be the feature back in the Bohl run between the tackles offense. If healthy, Waylee (another newcomer) would likely have been the starter. However, the more plays DQ is on the field, the better this offense will perform.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Anyone heard anything about the Iowa QB transfer? Haven't seen anything about him. Is he still on the team?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I am not concerned with the running back situation (as I have referenced a ton here on this forum)...but look at that O-Line. When Frank Crum is your best lineman.............
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:39 am I am not concerned with the running back situation (as I have referenced a ton here on this forum)...but look at that O-Line. When Frank Crum is your best lineman.............
Tulafono is the best lineman IMO. He's 1st team all-MW caliber player
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:39 am I am not concerned with the running back situation (as I have referenced a ton here on this forum)...but look at that O-Line. When Frank Crum is your best lineman.............
Don't be surprised if Crum ends up getting drafted in the late rounds...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:25 am Anyone heard anything about the Iowa QB transfer? Haven't seen anything about him. Is he still on the team?
He is on the team but it doesn't sound like he is making waves and doesn't sound like we should expect him to see the field this year. If all Coach Bohl can say is that "it was good to have him out there" then I think we can all read between those lines.

"At the quarterback position, Bohl was asked about two young players in true freshman Kaden Anderson and redshirt freshman Carson May..."

"We’re really encouraged about Kaden Anderson,” said Bohl. “He is someone we’re going to be bringing along slowly, but the future looks extremely bright for him if you look at the (high school) program that he’s from and the trajectory that he was on. We made a predetermined decision for him to count this year, even though he’s not going to be cleared for contact. The quarterback position in our system is so complex. We did not know if he would be able to go out and participate some this year, but he was able to do that today. We didn’t have many team settings in today’s practice, but it was good to have him out there and it was good to have Carson (May) out there, as well.”

https://www.greenriverstar.com/story/20 ... 10788.html
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:50 am
Don't be surprised if Crum ends up getting drafted in the late rounds...
I will be super surprised, but hope it happens!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:54 am
HR_Poke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:25 am Anyone heard anything about the Iowa QB transfer? Haven't seen anything about him. Is he still on the team?
He is on the team but it doesn't sound like he is making waves and doesn't sound like we should expect him to see the field this year. If all Coach Bohl can say is that "it was good to have him out there" then I think we can all read between those lines.

"At the quarterback position, Bohl was asked about two young players in true freshman Kaden Anderson and redshirt freshman Carson May..."

"We’re really encouraged about Kaden Anderson,” said Bohl. “He is someone we’re going to be bringing along slowly, but the future looks extremely bright for him if you look at the (high school) program that he’s from and the trajectory that he was on. We made a predetermined decision for him to count this year, even though he’s not going to be cleared for contact. The quarterback position in our system is so complex. We did not know if he would be able to go out and participate some this year, but he was able to do that today. We didn’t have many team settings in today’s practice, but it was good to have him out there and it was good to have Carson (May) out there, as well.”

Carson May has to sit out a year. He transferred to the JUCO and went through Spring ball with them, and then transferred to Wyoming. He's not eligible until 2024.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Ah yeah there it is. Our offense is so complex.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Lol, I thought the same thing
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:20 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:50 pm
Maybe he should simplify it. Just a thought
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:22 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:20 pm

How?!!!

All it is is run, run, pass, punt. Rinse and repeat. Biden himself could figure that out!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

flyfishwyo wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:50 am

Carson May has to sit out a year. He transferred to the JUCO and went through Spring ball with them, and then transferred to Wyoming. He's not eligible until 2024.
Where do you see that? This is not my understanding of the rules. I’ve always understood that JUCO players can transfer to a 4-year at any time free of penalty. If he were to have transferred to another FBS team and played through spring practice for instance before transferring to Wyoming, then I believe he would need a waiver to be immediately eligible (due to the only one freebie 4-year transfer).

If what you say is true, then the previous articles about May make no sense. Why would Bohl say he wanted to bring in another QB this fall to challenge Peasley as the incumbent starter if he couldn’t actually play? Why would the article state he has 4 years of eligibility if he couldn’t play this year (he already used his redshirt at Iowa)?

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... c5d00.html
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:50 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:22 pm
How?!!!

All it is is run, run, pass, punt. Rinse and repeat. Biden himself could figure that out!!!!! :roll:
Exactly. It makes no damn sense that are offense can be so complex and hard to grasp. We have the easiest to predict offense on the face of the earth. We have like five basic plays . Seems the offense could be learned in a week or two, but apparently takes three years. Bohl should simplify it (what could it hurt) for the sake of getting good athletes on the fiel. Bohl is a GARBAGE offensive mind
Udubalum07
Buckaroo
Been liked: 3 times

I believe there was an article on the CST or 7220 that mentioned Carson was ineligible this year. He is able to practice with the team, but wouldn't think he is receiving any meaningful reps without being eligible. I'm thinking they are planning to have a three way competition between Maye, Anderson and Svaboda next spring, and into fall camp.