Rest of the season...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I think every game on the pokes schedule is winnable. Fresno looks tough, AF will be tough. CSU, UNLV look to be improved and Boise I think will start playing better. Gonna be a very interesting year.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

App State will still be a challenge. They're not as good as they have been in years past, but they're still a solid football team on our level.

Other than that? Same story as always. Fresno, Boise, AFA. All roads to the championship lead through those teams, they're the stiffest competition we'll face, and we have to find a way to beat them. Won't be easy; they aren't as good as they have been in the past but they're still good.

CSU is improved and we all know how rivalry games can go. I wouldn't look past that.

I'm also very wary of our uncanny ability to drop one game every single year that we have no business dropping whatsoever.

The MWC is wide open this year, and this is a very good team...but I'm not counting my chickens just yet.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Yeah I think app state looks very tough. 2 blow out wins and their only loss on the road in double overtime at a ranked North Carolina. I hope our team is ready. I like our chances and I'm really glad this game is at home. But I think this will be a quality win if we can get it this coming week.

I like our chances against Air Force this year. It looks like again it's a case of if you can stop the option, which Utah State couldn't do. But I feel like on the years that our defense has been pretty good we have also done pretty well at stopping the option. This year's defense seems good, and to me I think will match up well against the Air Force option.

Who knows on Boise and Fresno. We seem to always stub our toe against Boise, they seem to just have our number, and Fresno looks good again.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Pokes are still getting some votes in the Coaches Poll which shows a lot of respect for taking a playoff contender to the 4th quarter. App State is a good team and next weekend is huge for the Pokes. I really hope there's a great turnout. These next 3 games at home are all huge and the 10/7 matchup with Fresno could be between two top 25 squads.

This is the most complete Pokes team I can remember and they're going to keep getting better.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Appy State game is going to be a good litmus test. They'd be a solid mwc team.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Can we get to 9 wins?
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I'm always a fan of one game at a time because each one presents a unique situation. Let's beat App State and go from there. :) Also can't forget that games change week-to-week for our opponents as well. Can play in our favor.