Peasley needs to sit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 611 times
Been liked: 245 times

Waylee's got serious speed

https://x.com/RAanalytics/status/170638 ... 20939?s=20

I can't get tweets to embed anymore. wth
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 153 times

307bball wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:04 am
laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:07 am

I think our WRs get open fine.
Strong take... Definitely a minority opinion on this board.

By "get open fine", do you mean they are just as open as the average college receiver? If so, I don't see it but I'm just going by eye test.

So many things are holding our passing game back. Solve any one of them and it's probably still a below average passing attack. I don't think Peasley is a bottom third quarterback from a talent perspective.... But he's not top third. IMO, the WR talent and development is largest failing. Just getting that category up to the median in college football would do the most work to raise the efficiency of the passing attack.
Oh, you’re talking about wide open? So wide open that even a Wyoming QB can hit them? Oh sorry. No. There’s usually someone within the vicinity.

Not sure most people know this, but a lot of throws are made before the receiver even breaks. Usually there are defenders right there! Or you have to throw the ball over one defender and in front of the other.

Receivers are open enough. We don’t have QBs with enough vision or anticipation. Bottom 3rd? No. He could be the worst.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:50 pm
307bball wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:04 am

Strong take... Definitely a minority opinion on this board.

By "get open fine", do you mean they are just as open as the average college receiver? If so, I don't see it but I'm just going by eye test.

So many things are holding our passing game back. Solve any one of them and it's probably still a below average passing attack. I don't think Peasley is a bottom third quarterback from a talent perspective.... But he's not top third. IMO, the WR talent and development is largest failing. Just getting that category up to the median in college football would do the most work to raise the efficiency of the passing attack.
Oh, you’re talking about wide open? So wide open that even a Wyoming QB can hit them? Oh sorry. No. There’s usually someone within the vicinity.

Not sure most people know this, but a lot of throws are made before the receiver even breaks. Usually there are defenders right there! Or you have to throw the ball over one defender and in front of the other.

Receivers are open enough. We don’t have QBs with enough vision or anticipation. Bottom 3rd? No. He could be the worst.
Your don't have to only watch the good teams to see very open wide receivers all day every Saturday. Tons of mediocre teams get guys far more open than anything our passing strategy accomplishes. They are often open enough that a well below average QB can wobble a pass to them.... Which is what happens....a lot. Peasley plays in possibly the worst passing offense in the NCAA..... That is not the same as being the worst QB. Unless we have a top 3% talented QB.... The offense will be bad.

Is Peasley any good? I'm not sure it matters that much. The truth is unless Bohl has a QB at the skill level range of Josh Allen, well, we have seen what has happened. Bohl does a lot of other things so well that Wyoming remains generally in the happy side of the MWC..... Barely.