Not ranked yet

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Hotkarl
Buckaroo
Been liked: 5 times

At least not in the Coaches poll
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

I'm okay with it for now. We're just outside the T25 in the AP at 27th.

We're still a statistical dumpster fire and have technically been outplayed in all but one game in almost every statistical category. The team still has abysmal streaks in all three phases and lacks consistency. I'm happy with the results, but I still don't feel that we are truly amongst the Top 25 teams in the country.

If we can beat AFA, then I'll kick and scream about being ranked.

But I'd rather not get tentatively and shakily ranked just to turn around and lose it less than a week later because our luck ran out, we got full of ourselves, and a solid, well coached AFA squad took advantage.

Keep the guys hungry, focused, and playing with the same chip on their shoulder that has powered some of that grittiness and manufactured luck up to this point. Go into the Springs, take care of business...then puff out our chests and demand to be ranked.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 240 times

Dang it.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

I think they deserve a spot at this point.

Looking forward to see where they land on the AP poll.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

If they can play well for 4 quarters they’d be a beast. Beat AFA and they’ll be in top 25. If they can play consistently for a full game they can beat AFA.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

I'm ok with them not being ranked.....though I am seeing some people projecting Wyo in a NY6 bowl....crazy at this point. Hope Bohl keeps those guys focussing on the next game and the next game only.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

It is a cliche but this next game is the only one that matters. Rankings and the rest won't happen unless Wyoming plays a whole game like the first half against Fresno. Beat the zooomies!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:15 am I'm ok with them not being ranked.....though I am seeing some people projecting Wyo in a NY6 bowl....crazy at this point. Hope Bohl keeps those guys focussing on the next game and the next game only.
Exactly. This team is still waaay too inconsistent and too much sh** to clean up to be worrying about being ranked as one of the top teams in the country and start thinking about NY6 appearances and such. That's insane talk; we still have yet to finish out the worst part of our schedule, the MWC is still wide open, and nothing is guaranteed.

Having said that...I won't lie, even though some of these wins have been extremely lucky, I'm am absolutely tickled f***ing pink that we are 5-1. I don't think even the biggest homers here had us beating TTU, App State, and Fresno State, while also playing Texas into the 4th quarter.

We could lose to both AFA and Boise State and still very realistically have a 9 win season. 10 if you include the possibility of a bowl win, 11 if there's chaos and we still somehow sneak in the 'ship. This hasn't happened in decades. What in the world is this black magic? Lol.

I'm still waiting for it to come crashing down the way it usually does, but even pessimistic ol' me is starting to believe a bit.

The AFA game will be very telling, and the result of that...as well as how the team responds to the result, good or bad...will dictate the result of this season. This one may very well be for all the gold, fellas.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoming is the highest rated G5 team. So that means if Wyoming can win out they will play in a New Year’s Day bowl game like the Fiesta or Peach or Cotton bowl.

Right now it’s between Wyoming and Air Force. So whoever wins this week will have a huge leg up. Both ESPN guys have Air Force projected to play in the New Year’s Day game. One has them playing Oregon and the other has them playing Alabama. With a win this week we can replace this projections to the Pokes being in there.

Big game this week.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:15 am I'm ok with them not being ranked.....though I am seeing some people projecting Wyo in a NY6 bowl....crazy at this point. Hope Bohl keeps those guys focussing on the next game and the next game only.
It seems the kids are ready to play, and to this point IMO nice offensive schemes to position UW for wins. I think we have enough maturity with the team they understand and are ready. The Fresno first half was exceptional. I just don’t understand being flat in the second. The D looked good most of the game. Hopefully we continue to get better as the season progresses. I think Peasley is gaining confidence each game. He stated as much in post game - said he felt like he had a lot of time and saw the field clearly. I think that showed. The second half I noticed him staring down receivers more than in the H1.

Sure need a healthy Waylee.

I like where The Pokes are right now.