Peasley - Offensive Player of the Week

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 607 times
Been liked: 242 times

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 129 times

If he can string together 2 halves like the first, he'll be in contention for offensive player of the year in the mwc. That 1st half was really good. The second was pretty bad.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:32 am If he can string together 2 halves like the first, he'll be in contention for offensive player of the year in the mwc. That 1st half was really good. The second was pretty bad.
Did we only get three possessions in the second half? It was a weird half
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

I'll take "Things I didn't necessarily expect to see after the start of this season" for $500, Alex.

Dude was on point and much improved; it's just weird because of his inconsistency and inaccuracy for most of the year. Lol.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:04 am
Well deserved. He’s developed immensely from last year, and seems to improve each game.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 149 times

If he can take another leap forward and put together 3 quarters, we'll be almost unstoppable. He's too inconsistent half to half and game to game. He's due for a dud against AF. Hope he shuts my mouth up.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:35 pm If he can take another leap forward and put together 3 quarters, we'll be almost unstoppable. He's too inconsistent half to half and game to game. He's due for a dud against AF. Hope he shuts my mouth up.
I wonder if his inconsistency could be coaching like the second half of Fresno. I’m not sure the H2 offensive production Saturday is all on Peasley.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 83 times

He was absolutely great in the first half. I thought he missed a lot of reads on some plays in the second half when he had the chance to run the ball himself instead of handing it off. I still think he has been hurt more than a few times this year which may explain his up and down play .
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 149 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:48 pm He was absolutely great in the first half. I thought he missed a lot of reads on some plays in the second half when he had the chance to run the ball himself instead of handing it off. I still think he has been hurt more than a few times this year which may explain his up and down play .
Lets not forget that Fresno is a good team with good coaches. They probably took away the one thing Peasley was seeing really well. I'd say it's probably 50% coaching adjustments by Fresno, 25% different play calling with lead and 25% Peasley just missing. You can't stay hot forever, eventually you regress towards the mean and the 3's stop dropping.
W-Y, Until I Die!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 50 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:48 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:48 pm He was absolutely great in the first half. I thought he missed a lot of reads on some plays in the second half when he had the chance to run the ball himself instead of handing it off. I still think he has been hurt more than a few times this year which may explain his up and down play .
Lets not forget that Fresno is a good team with good coaches. They probably took away the one thing Peasley was seeing really well. I'd say it's probably 50% coaching adjustments by Fresno, 25% different play calling with lead and 25% Peasley just missing. You can't stay hot forever, eventually you regress towards the mean and the 3's stop dropping.
Or, the 10 other guys on the field with him.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'd guess the time he had to throw was less which required faster read times. I think that might be his weakness.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I will say peasley hold on wayyyy too long to the ball. Guys are open all the time, but peasley just holds the dang ball too long and misses them while they’re open. Playing QB is extremely hard and I don’t know if he can see things quite fast enough a lot of the time
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:05 pm I will say peasley hold on wayyyy too long to the ball. Guys are open all the time, but peasley just holds the dang ball too long and misses them while they’re open. Playing QB is extremely hard and I don’t know if he can see things quite fast enough a lot of the time
This is where I'm at. It's the hardest trait to measure. When he had a lot of time, he played lights out.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 50 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:10 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:05 pm I will say peasley hold on wayyyy too long to the ball. Guys are open all the time, but peasley just holds the dang ball too long and misses them while they’re open. Playing QB is extremely hard and I don’t know if he can see things quite fast enough a lot of the time
This is where I'm at. It's the hardest trait to measure. When he had a lot of time, he played lights out.
The scheme/play call probably has something to do with that, although I agree that he doesn't seem to make reads very quickly. He seems to be at his best with the quick hits or with his first read on a longer developing play.