Hire Bryan Harsin

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

He’s back in Boise. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

What would Harsin find appealing about coaching Wyoming?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:01 am What would Harsin find appealing about coaching Wyoming?
Well I suppose, the University of Wyoming has a cheerleading squad.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Hell no. That guy started Boise on a downhill swing, and had the midas touch on everything after that. Turns it all to used oil and mufflers. Coaches peak at boise with some magic or something. They turn to poop once they leave after their head gets to big. We don't want any of that around here.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm Hell no. That guy started Boise on a downhill swing, and had the midas touch on everything after that. Turns it all to used oil and mufflers. Coaches peak at boise with some magic or something. They turn to poop once they leave after their head gets to big. We don't want any of that around here.
I don’t want another FCS coach. Period. They suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:01 am What would Harsin find appealing about coaching Wyoming?
Millions of dollars??
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Harsin in Laramie would be a disaster.

The dude is extremely difficult to work with...he's got a known history of battling admins, staff, media, fans, and boosters (as well as pissing off half his players) and being a royal asshole in general. Makes DC look like a great guy.

Also, you think the loyalty/nepotism/refusing to make changes/etc. is bad with Bohl? Harsin did the same sh**; sticking by his OL guy (among others) for waaaaay too long in spite of being the worst position group on the team and getting Bachmeier killed.

I defended Harsin longer than most and I don't think he's a bad coach...but he's a TERRIBLE fit for Laramie. We'd run him out of town in a heartbeat, lol.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:29 pm Harsin in Laramie would be a disaster.

The dude is extremely difficult to work with...he's got a known history of battling admins, staff, media, fans, and boosters (as well as pissing off half his players) and being a royal asshole in general. Makes DC look like a great guy.

Also, you think the loyalty/nepotism/refusing to make changes/etc. is bad with Bohl? Harsin did the same sh**; sticking by his OL guy (among others) for waaaaay too long in spite of being the worst position group on the team and getting Bachmeier killed.

I defended Harsin longer than most and I don't think he's a bad coach...but he's a TERRIBLE fit for Laramie. We'd run him out of town in a heartbeat, lol.
But he might be able to attract Clesi Crochet or other capable assistants to the head coach.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:54 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:29 pm Harsin in Laramie would be a disaster.

But he might be able to attract Clesi Crochet or other capable assistants to the head coach.
Touche'. I had forgotten about her. Ok - so he isn't the guy. Who is?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:06 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:54 pm

Touche'. I had forgotten about her. Ok - so he isn't the guy. Who is?
First time I ever heard about an affair involving Harsin. I googled Clesi Crochet and WOW...she's Playboy material!!!!!! :winky:

I do remember hearing about people at Auburn being pissed at Harsin....just not about the affair.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:26 pm
I do remember hearing about people at Auburn being pissed at Harsin....just not about the affair.
The [alleged] affair was just sh** that got drug up to try to give further grounds to give him the boot; it [them trying to dump him] started way before that.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Yeah, this ain’t happening.