To Vegas or NOT to Vegas, that is the question....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Such a quandary....
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Im going!!!
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I will be there with 8 others. Go Pokes!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Football Friday, volleyball Saturday.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

I'll be there with 3 others. Looking forward to seeing the big roomba on the Strip. I'm sure I'm not alone, but this will be my first time seeing a game in a dome. I've been to a lot of college games, and a handful of NFL games-but never inside a dome.

UNLV has made a living this year off of beating OK teams. Fresno and Michigan were really their only tests. It's good for them and the MWC to be bowl eligible but I don't know that they're great. Can Bohl put together a convincing game plan to beat a team with a pulse on the road?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:30 am I'll be there with 3 others. Looking forward to seeing the big roomba on the Strip. I'm sure I'm not alone, but this will be my first time seeing a game in a dome. I've been to a lot of college games, and a handful of NFL games-but never inside a dome.

UNLV has made a living this year off of beating OK teams. Fresno and Michigan were really their only tests. It's good for them and the MWC to be bowl eligible but I don't know that they're great. Can Bohl put together a convincing game plan to beat a team with a pulse on the road?
I actually attended a NFL playoff game at the Astrodome in Houston in the early 90s. The Oilers would win their last ever playoff game as the Oilers when they beat the Jets 17-10 in the one of the 1991 AF Wil Card games. Kinda weird watching a NFL game in a dome.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Is the CJC sponsoring a charter flight or doing anything like reserving a block of rooms for Wyoming fans?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

Where would be the best place to stay that’s close to new dome?
W-Y, Until I Die!
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:58 pm Where would be the best place to stay that’s close to new dome?
Mandalay Bay is right across i-15 from the stadium. 5-10 minute walk.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Rebels sure whupped NM 56-14 in ABQ, this will(like always) NOT be a cakewalk, UNLV is different under Coach Odom. Glad I'm going just hope the Pokes are ready to play a meaningful road game in quite some time!!! Get er done Pokes, cya in LV
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I really thought about going to this game since I’ll be getting home the day before…just like I seriously considered going to the AF game this year. Then, just like the AF game, I remembered how bad we suck on the road, especially against teams with a pulse.

I’ll just go deer hunting instead. I don’t mind us losing a hard fought game where I can be proud of the team afterwards. But I’m a busy guy with a lot of other hobbies. Nothing pisses me off worse than wasting time and money to see us not even show up and get embarrassed.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

GoPokes86 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:30 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:58 pm Where would be the best place to stay that’s close to new dome?
Mandalay Bay is right across i-15 from the stadium. 5-10 minute walk.
Relatively sure there's a bridge connecting Mandalay Bay to the stadium, too.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

doreno5 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:28 pm Is the CJC sponsoring a charter flight or doing anything like reserving a block of rooms for Wyoming fans?
CJC is far from doing anything like this, air or hotel. At times they set up travel packages with a Colorado travel group, but that is the extent. They are too busy glad-handing the millionaires, and unless you are them - and heavily donate each year, you don't mean jack poop.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:21 am
doreno5 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:28 pm Is the CJC sponsoring a charter flight or doing anything like reserving a block of rooms for Wyoming fans?
CJC is far from doing anything like this, air or hotel. At times they set up travel packages with a Colorado travel group, but that is the extent. They are too busy glad-handing the millionaires, and unless you are them - and heavily donate each year, you don't mean jack poop.
Even the big bucks donors do not get appreciated as much as you might believe. My former business partner and his brother-in law are both longtime significant donors to CJC. Maybe once a season they will get an invite to travel with the team but not much else other than calls from the CJC asking for another donation or inviting them to a fund raiser.