Is there anything salvageable

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyNative
Ranch Hand

from this year’s boys basketball season? Please don't say experience for next year I don't have many next years left.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

For any team in our position, the only thing salvageable is the conference tourney. The extremely small beacon of hope that every team has, get hot, win the tourney, get into the NCAA's. Which we have about .0001% chance of doing. Not much else to salvage.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

No.
Only thing that would make this year better is a coaching change
WyNative
Ranch Hand

TwoTone wrote:No.
Only thing that would make this year better is a coaching change
Right now I have to agree. Just watching him on the sidelines doesn't install confidence in me that we get any better.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

I guess I'm the only one but I see improvement in every game (except the AFA game but AFA couldnt miss in the last few minutes). We almost beat a ranked New Mexico, we beat Utah. If we beat UNLV tomorrow I hope you guys start coming around. We have a freshman coming in next year who apparently can shoot lights out and Derm is gone. And yes 1 more year of experience with still only 1 senior.

Im making my call right now. We beat UNLV tomorrow and the Sheep on Sunday. We beat BYU in Laramie if the fans come like they did for UNM. We finish 5th in conference ahead of Utah, CSU, TCU, and AFA and you can take that to the bank.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

wyopokesfan23 wrote:I guess I'm the only one but I see improvement in every game (except the AFA game but AFA couldnt miss in the last few minutes). We almost beat a ranked New Mexico, we beat Utah. If we beat UNLV tomorrow I hope you guys start coming around. We have a freshman coming in next year who apparently can shoot lights out and Derm is gone. And yes 1 more year of experience with still only 1 senior.

Im making my call right now. We beat UNLV tomorrow and the Sheep on Sunday. We beat BYU in Laramie if the fans come like they did for UNM. We finish 5th in conference ahead of Utah, CSU, TCU, and AFA and you can take that to the bank.
I like your optimism. I'm usually pretty positive about things in general, but its getting tougher and tougher for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

calpoke25 wrote:
wyopokesfan23 wrote:I guess I'm the only one but I see improvement in every game (except the AFA game but AFA couldnt miss in the last few minutes). We almost beat a ranked New Mexico, we beat Utah. If we beat UNLV tomorrow I hope you guys start coming around. We have a freshman coming in next year who apparently can shoot lights out and Derm is gone. And yes 1 more year of experience with still only 1 senior.

I like your optimism. I'm usually pretty positive about things in general, but its getting tougher and tougher for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now.
I think it caved in sometime ago.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I hope you are right. I pray you are right. I can't handle the pig-tail.

Heath may be the sole reason the above doesn't happen though (like giving the green light to the bricklayer Dermody to shoot whenever and from wherever, along with 20+ minutes of game time).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I'm not sure I see anything positive. Are they really improving? I'm not sure, maybe. In some ways i think they play better without Afam. But with Waddell out, its hopeless. I'm not sure he'll play tonight (and I dont think he should) so I can't image we have much chance against the Rebs. The CSU game is a MUST win, for a lot of reasons.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

The fact that some on this board view close home loses as improvement shows how far the program has fallen.....
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

"We have a freshman coming in next year who apparently can shoot lights out "

With all due respect, Wyopoke, we've heard that soooo many times over the last 10 or so years i can't even count them.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

cheypoke wrote:"We have a freshman coming in next year who apparently can shoot lights out "

With all due respect, Wyopoke, we've heard that soooo many times over the last 10 or so years i can't even count them.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. But the kid in question has shown the ability to shoot.

I'm with Wyopoke on this one. I see improvement too. Sometimes that improvement is overshadowed by some moments of piss poor play, but I see improvement. And, I think we'll see continued improvement from our young players now that our #1 scorer is out for the year. More than half of our points against AFA were scored by true freshman. That alone should give some fans at least a little bit of something to look forward too.
WyNative
Ranch Hand

Now that is what I like to hear sure as hell hope you are right. If you are the first four beers are on me at Vegas (Wyopokesfan23 ONLY) I ain't that rich.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

Sorry guys. I was wrong. I got to have a little fun at halftime playin bungie basketball at least.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

wyopokesfan23 wrote:Sorry guys. I was wrong. I got to have a little fun at halftime playin bungie basketball at least.
That was the most entertaining thing to watch last night! Were you on the Pokes side (the loser) or the Rebels side (winner)?

Either way, good stuff.
Dear Karma,

WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

wyopokesfan23 wrote:Sorry guys. I was wrong. I got to have a little fun at halftime playin bungie basketball at least.

Hey, I saw that too. Fun stuff (even more so than the game).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

I lost :(
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

wyopokesfan23 wrote:I lost :(
Was the other guy your buddy? He seemed to be a bit more "heavy"...and in bungee basketball, that matters! ;)
Dear Karma,

wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

haha yeah he was my buddy. At least I managed to score a couple.
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

It is only natural that there will be some improvment as the players play more together.The problem is that improvement is and will be overshadowed by a domineering coach who doesn't know what the hell he is doing and constantly deflates the confidence of the players. One who reacts mistakes made for the right reason as he does for mistakes that have no rationale reason for occuriing.

Until you see improvment on the sideline then what you see will never be enough to challenge for the top half of the conference much less the title.