Are we in a bowl?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Wouldn’t know it by the board. In fairness, a lot of other things are happening…so not paying attention to the Barstool Bowl (again) makes sense.

Looks like Grant will get to stay, considering his tie to the new QB. Thus, we will continue to suck in the catching side of the passing game if he stays as WR coach.

I’m oddly interested in what Sawvel can do. If he can find a decent OC, things might improve for us. If he promotes from within, we will be hot garbage and Saw will follow a Koenning-esque downfall (although with a few more wins).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

If we don't win that's a really bad look. They are missing their two biggest offensive weapons. BUT I think that Bohl will really have the guys ready to go because he wants to go out with a winning record. he's got his 60-60 record currently
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

And looks like the Cowboys packed their sticks

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:46 pm If we don't win that's a really bad look. They are missing their two biggest offensive weapons. BUT I think that Bohl will really have the guys ready to go because he wants to go out with a winning record. he's got his 60-60 record currently
I must have missed it. Who are we missing?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:47 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:46 pm If we don't win that's a really bad look. They are missing their two biggest offensive weapons. BUT I think that Bohl will really have the guys ready to go because he wants to go out with a winning record. he's got his 60-60 record currently
Toledo is missing their starting RB and QB
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:08 pm

I seem to recall that Ohio played us with a backup last year and beat us. Backups usually have field days against us for some reason.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I follow a good number of barstool account on social media, and have felt like the promotion of this game by Barstool has been extremely limited. They posted a 3 minute interview with Bohl that was about half highlights. Apparently I am not the only one to notice:
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:08 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:59 pm I follow a good number of barstool account on social media, and have felt like the promotion of this game by Barstool has been extremely limited. They posted a 3 minute interview with Bohl that was about half highlights. Apparently I am not the only one to notice:
Wait, what? I was told that Portnoy and Barstool would absolutely crush it for Wyoming and that their brand of broadcast was what the kids were clamoring for and the absolute wave of the future - leading to billions of eyeballs watching, thousands of new enrollment applications for UW and hundreds of 5* recruits committing for all WYO sports. Now I’m told it is a trash bowl, with garbage announcers, that Barstool loses money on, isn’t promoting and wants to jettison ASAP? Couldn’t be….
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:17 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:59 pm I follow a good number of barstool account on social media, and have felt like the promotion of this game by Barstool has been extremely limited. They posted a 3 minute interview with Bohl that was about half highlights. Apparently I am not the only one to notice:
Wait, what? I was told that Portnoy and Barstool would absolutely crush it for Wyoming and that their brand of broadcast was what the kids were clamoring for and the absolute wave of the future - leading to billions of eyeballs watching, thousands of new enrollment applications for UW and hundreds of 5* recruits committing for all WYO sports. Now I’m told it is a trash bowl, with garbage announcers, that Barstool loses money on, isn’t promoting and wants to jettison ASAP? Couldn’t be….
We are enjoying our Arizona vacation, Poke fans everywhere!

Don’t worry, because it’s too hard to find the game to watch, you dont have to worry about it.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:14 am

We are enjoying our Arizona vacation, Poke fans everywhere!

Don’t worry, because it’s too hard to find the game to watch, you dont have to worry about it.
Have a great time. I will be listening on the radio. Keith and Kevin will be great.

I look forward to seeing the viewership and “impressions” statistics on the bowl. From what you’ve said about Barstool, they should be amazing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Maybe just my area but I've seen quite a bit of advertisement regarding the broadcast on the CW.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I mean, I don't know who said all that. Not sure who you are straw-manning. But at least with the cons of playing in this bowl most people expected that we would get the pros as well - mainly the exposure from Barstools online reach
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Is the game going to be streamed?