Is Josh Allen EVER going to make it to the Super Bowl???

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

This is getting pathetic!!!!!!!!! :tickedoff:

The last time the Chiefs didn't make it to the AFC Championship was in 2017, Josh's last year in Laramie!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

I don’t know how he makes much better throws. Receivers have to catch it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Dan Marino and Dan Fouts were great qbs too...we shall see
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Josh's teammates didn't make winning plays. Josh put the ball where it needed to be and the receivers, most notably Diggs, couldn't make big plays. The defense couldn't slow them much all game... at home. They need to draft O linemen and WRs.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Buffalo will never get there with McDermott. Terrible coach who should have been fired after the 13 seconds game. Offensive coordinator really blew it. Running right up the middle when KC was run blitzing the entire second half. Idiotic. Reminds me of some our play calling.

Jim Harbaugh would get them there right away. If you can get to a superbowl with a subpar qb like Kaepernick, imagine what he can do with JA.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

And ps where has that overpaid Linebacker Von Miller been recently, his head hasn't been in it for them neither.
...overrated. and dont get me started on Diggs, he shoulda stayed in Minnesota
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 am And ps where has that overpaid Linebacker Von Miller been recently, his head hasn't been in it for them neither.
...overrated. and dont get me started on Diggs, he shoulda stayed in Minnesota
Hit the nail on the head.

Diggs is now a distraction - and one that didn't make the plays he needed to.

I'd trade him. Cut Miller lose. Fire McDermott. Beg Araiza to come back. Cut Bass. Drop other old, injury prone deadweight. Get young in the draft.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

McDermott reminds me of Bohl. He has a ceiling of not being able to make it past a certain point. In McDermott's case, not getting past the Chiefs. In Bohl's case, not beating anybody with a pulse (winning record).

On the bright side both coaches managed to stabilize their teams so that it makes it easier for the next head coach for both teams (Buffalo and Wyoming) to succeed.

The Chiefs remind me of a couple of high schools in the Tulsa area. You can beat them in the regular season but come playoff time, they're damned near impossible to beat. From 1996 to about a year or two ago, Tulsa Union or Jenks won EVERY state title in Class 6A.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Everybody is talking today about "what does it mean that Josh can't get there"...and that is a conversation to have, but part of it is that Mahomes/Reid are a thousand pound gorilla right now. It might just say more about how good the Chiefs are than it does about Allen's failings.

The Bill's defense was held together with duct tape by the end of the year and as others have pointed out, Von Miller basically gave them nothing. Very disappointing. Allen played very well...really until his last two passes he was soooo good...but he did miss those last two passes. That might be the difference. I don't know of any team, including the Chiefs that ask more from their QB than the Bills ask Allen to do. It's crazy how good he is but any mistake he makes is magnified when nobody else on the team steps up.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

307bball wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:31 pm Everybody is talking today about "what does it mean that Josh can't get there"...and that is a conversation to have, but part of it is that Mahomes/Reid are a thousand pound gorilla right now. It might just say more about how good the Chiefs are than it does about Allen's failings.

The Bill's defense was held together with duct tape by the end of the year and as others have pointed out, Von Miller basically gave them nothing. Very disappointing. Allen played very well...really until his last two passes he was soooo good...but he did miss those last two passes. That might be the difference. I don't know of any team, including the Chiefs that ask more from their QB than the Bills ask Allen to do. It's crazy how good he is but any mistake he makes is magnified when nobody else on the team steps up.
The offensive play caller should have basically told Allen at the 2 minute warning that they did not need to score a TD right away as much as they needed another first down to run out some time before trying to score a TD. Even if Allen hits Shakir for the TD on 2d down, that left the Chiefs nearly 1:45 and 2 timeouts to try to either score a TD. Even if Buffalo had to kick a shorter field goal to tie before the end of regulation running out the clock should have been the priority over trying to score a TD in that series.
doreno5
Ranch Hand

doreno5 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:51 pm
307bball wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:31 pm Everybody is talking today about "what does it mean that Josh can't get there"...and that is a conversation to have, but part of it is that Mahomes/Reid are a thousand pound gorilla right now. It might just say more about how good the Chiefs are than it does about Allen's failings.

The offensive play caller should have basically told Allen at the 2 minute warning that they did not need to score a TD right away as much as they needed another first down to run out some time before trying to score a TD. Even if Allen hits Shakir for the TD on 2d down, that left the Chiefs nearly 1:45 and 2 timeouts to try to score a TD. Even if Buffalo had to kick a shorter field goal to tie before the end of regulation, running out the clock should have been the priority over trying to score a TD with that much time on the game clock.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:02 pm I don’t know how he makes much better throws. Receivers have to catch it.
He threw some passes that should have been caught. He threw a few crappy ones too. But Josh led a drive that should have resulted in a chance at OT.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:56 am Josh's teammates didn't make winning plays. Josh put the ball where it needed to be and the receivers, most notably Diggs, couldn't make big plays. The defense couldn't slow them much all game... at home. They need to draft O linemen and WRs.
Not sure how far the Bills would have went with all the injuries. I thought they may have to have a few offensive guys play both ways.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Probably similar to WYO's chances at a MWC championship. Maybe slightly better.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:15 pm Probably similar to WYO's chances at a MWC championship. Maybe slightly better.
Hence my post...McDermott is the NFL version of Craig Bohl. Basically.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:11 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:15 pm Probably similar to WYO's chances at a MWC championship. Maybe slightly better.
Hence my post...McDermott is the NFL version of Craig Bohl. Basically.
I don't think Bohl would ever have faked that punt even if they only lined up 1 defender much less 10 :rofl:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
doreno5
Ranch Hand

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:41 am
Wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:11 pm

I don't think Bohl would ever have faked that punt even if they only lined up 1 defender much less 10 :rofl:
At first I thought it was an audible by Hamlin but then I saw McDermott's press conference where he acknowledged it was something they put into the game plan and decided to try when they saw KC had only 10. I felt it was the turning point in the game as it gave confidence to KC that Buffalo did not believe they could win without a desperation play. It also told Buffalo's players that their coach doubted they could win unless they did something extraordinary.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

doreno5 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:29 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:41 am
At first I thought it was an audible by Hamlin but then I saw McDermott's press conference where he acknowledged it was something they put into the game plan and decided to try when they saw KC had only 10. I felt it was the turning point in the game as it gave confidence to KC that Buffalo did not believe they could win without a desperation play. It also told Buffalo's players that their coach doubted they could win unless they did something extraordinary.
Also has to be said that the coaches decided they would dress a punter with an injured hamstring, who clearly couldn't do the job, in a playoff game. Even after bringing in the former punter to the practice squad during the week.

The terrible punts actually ended up hurting the Bills worse than the fake, only because Kc fumbled it through the end zone.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I not a fan of the endzone fumble rule unless it's a case where you'rei n your own and fumble out of bounds then call a safety.