UW Block Grant Budget Amendment

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:58 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:46 pm

Context matters.

“The crux of Gray’s argument and his rules is that investment professionals who promote investing with ESG guidelines without obtaining their clients’ approval or notice are engaging in deceitful and possibly fraudulent conduct. “ https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/02/27 ... esg-rules/

I’m not certain Grays motives are wrong. Enron…….anyone…….
I see…do you believe we need the government to step in to protect people from their own decisions?

And what the hell do Gray’s proposed rules (now vetoed) have to do with Enron? As someone that knows a lot about Enron and the scandal, that was pure fraud of cooking the books. It was illegal conduct then and the executives went to prison. BTW - did you know that Enron Oil & Gas Company is currently the largest oil producer in Wyoming?
Pretty clear, deceitful. I can paste the definition of you need. Wasn’t Enron deceitful? As someone who knows why Sarbanes Oxley came about and compliance…….

Blah blah blah…… you are, the smartest guy in the room. Aren’t you. That’s sarcasm by the way.

But, I digress do you want, oh what the heck;

deceitful
/dĭ-sēt′fəl/

adjective
Given to cheating or deceiving.
Deliberately misleading; deceptive. synonym: dishonest.
Similar: dishonest

Are you really trying to say the Enron operating in Wyoming is anywhere tied to the original Enron? Please state NO! No you weren’t, other than to bluster I’m not sure what your point is……….
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:27 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:02 am

What's "leftist" in your mind?

Anthropomorphic climate change is real?
Gay people should have the same rights and responsibilities as straight people?
It's healthy to question the beliefs and values you were raised with, even if you don't change them?
The United States have not always been on the right side of history?
Planet earth is significantly older than 6,000 years?
Injustices in the past can have a bearing on the success of future generations?

If those are leftist ideas - sure! That also means the rest of the first world is leaning heavily to the left.

On the other hand, if you've had college professors who are talking about how private industry should be owned and controlled by the government, and people should be happy standing in line for their weekly rations and working whatever job is assigned to them for the rest of their lives, then you might have actually had leftist professors. Maybe they'll even throw in how Lenin was truly a great leader, and that Stalin had good intentions.

Also, if you actually believe the vast majority of the Democratic party is leftist... lol. Almost all of the ones in Congress are owned by their corporate overlords - same as GOP.
Should children who wish to be identified a certain way be removed from parents if the parents refuse to comply with the child's wishes?

Does human brutality start with colonialism in the America's?
Just curios what your responses to these are Oredigger
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

You guys crack me up and are obviously closely affiliated with UW. You get outraged over what the legislature might do do you toe the company line and feign outrage.

When the university actually does something that smells of nepotism and systemic racism, crickets. Tell old Joe he's an idiot and move on. Also toeing the company line.

Spineless and I'll leave it at that
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:45 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:27 am

Should children who wish to be identified a certain way be removed from parents if the parents refuse to comply with the child's wishes?

Does human brutality start with colonialism in the America's?
Are you asking should the government be allowed to interfere in the parental decisions of parents? Absolutely not.

I don’t even know what your second question is. Is that an opinion on European expansion into the Americas? Clearly I am happy that occurred hundreds of years ago because very few of us on this message board would be here had that not happened.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:04 pm You guys crack me up and are obviously closely affiliated with UW. You get outraged over what the legislature might do do you toe the company line and feign outrage.

When the university actually does something that smells of nepotism and systemic racism, crickets. Tell old Joe he's an idiot and move on. Also toeing the company line.

Huh?

While I am not affiliated with UW other than my attendance at athletic events, you can look up my post history calling out the nepotism in the President’s office and the creation of the school of computing and director appointment of the president’s ‘partner.’ It’s wrong in every way and in my mind should be grounds for dismissal.
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:41 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:45 pm

Are you asking should the government be allowed to interfere in the parental decisions of parents? Absolutely not.

I don’t even know what your second question is. Is that an opinion on European expansion into the Americas? Clearly I am happy that occurred hundreds of years ago because very few of us on this message board would be here had that not happened.
hmm, well both of those are certainly infiltrating universities and how they train future teachers for example. Has that happened at UW? Without reviewing the course materials, there is no way to know.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:48 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:04 pm You guys crack me up and are obviously closely affiliated with UW. You get outraged over what the legislature might do do you toe the company line and feign outrage.

Huh?

While I am not affiliated with UW other than my attendance at athletic events, you can look up my post history calling out the nepotism in the President’s office and the creation of the school of computing and director appointment of the president’s ‘partner.’ It’s wrong in every way and in my mind should be grounds for dismissal.
Coaching hires? You think Oscar left because he was treated fairly?

Look at all the heads in the sand with something that actually happened.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:53 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:48 pm
Huh?

Heads in the sand? You are purely speculating. Giles has never been a defensive coordinator in his lengthy career. Whether he was more qualified to be a defensive coordinator than an up and coming linebacker coach is just speculation by you and me. Neither of us were at practices or team meeting day in and day out. Ultimately, Sawvel (who is not related to Aaron Bohl) made the hire. Whether Bohl’s retirement and Sawvel’s promotion to head coach came with a quid pro quo to promote Aaron Bohl is merely speculation without actual facts to support the assertion.

But if you want to talk about the actual definition of nepotism - the President demanded the creation of a ‘school of computing’ and his longtime girlfriend was then appointed director after a ‘campus wide search.’ You aren’t concerned with this?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:01 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:53 pm

Heads in the sand? You are purely speculating. Giles has never been a defensive coordinator in his lengthy career. Whether he was more qualified to be a defensive coordinator than an up and coming linebacker coach is just speculation by you and me. Neither of us were at practices or team meeting day in and day out. Ultimately, Sawvel (who is not related to Aaron Bohl) made the hire. Whether Bohl’s retirement and Sawvel’s promotion to head coach came with a quid pro quo to promote Aaron Bohl is merely speculation without actual facts to support the assertion.

But if you want to talk about the actual definition of nepotism - the President demanded the creation of a ‘school of computing’ and his longtime girlfriend was then appointed director after a ‘campus wide search.’ You aren’t concerned with this?
2 associate head coaches passed over for the 1 position coach which opens up a spot for junior with nothing more than a unilateral decision? Yeah, head in the sand.

Feign outrage except when it matters and something actually happened.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:05 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:01 pm

2 associate head coaches passed over for the 1 position coach which opens up a spot for junior with nothing more than a unilateral decision? Yeah, head in the sand.

So we should have more outrage over the promotion of an internal hire football assistant with no familial relationship to the new head coach or athletic director versus the actual President of the University (you know the #1 person in charge) demanding the creation of an entirely new school at the University which his longtime girlfriend is then immediately appointed Director?

Yea - I’m going to disagree with you on priorities there.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:26 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:05 pm

So we should have more outrage over the promotion of an internal hire football assistant with no familial relationship to the new head coach or athletic director versus the actual President of the University (you know the #1 person in charge) demanding the creation of an entirely new school at the University which his longtime girlfriend is then immediately appointed Director?

Yea - I’m going to disagree with you on priorities there.
You're spinning. Associate hc passed over for hc and position coach coincidentally filled by former hc son? I think you even said likely planned. Somehow the president's actions make that acceptable. Hmm.. maybe more legislative oversight is needed.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:48 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:58 pm You guys crack me up. Half of you that are so sure indoctrination is happening have surely not stepped foot in a classroom at UW. Is there goofy poop going on in some classes and with some professors? Duh…it’s been that way for about forever. Did you watch Oppenheimer? Last time I checked there wasn’t a bunch openly communist professors at UW like there were back in the 30s all across the country. Btw, I’m an R, not that that makes any difference. I got a science degree, so no, there wasn’t a lot of indoctrination going on there. My wife, who got her MBA, got constantly pushed towards working in Oil and Gas, however, even though she didn’t want to do that. You can sure bet the legislature won’t concern themselves with that though. Just like they wouldn’t care if the University was indoctrinating students with the ideology of their choice. As a whole, the idea that UW is indoctrinating students one way or the other is just dumb. It needs no help from the legislature, and as I’ve said I don’t trust this legislature whatsoever. They want to regulate delta 8 for crying out loud, talk about the nanny state.

The only I see that’s changed in this whole University scenario is a bunch of chicken little politicians that are so scared of everything they think they need to step in, act like the big government they claim to hate, and regulate what can and can’t be taught. And a bunch of people that follow their drum beat, much like a certain mascot from the South 😂
I’m guessing ExpatPoke, right above yours stepped foot on UWs campus recently. Actually was in classrooms. His take is different than yours.
He also thinks this is a bad idea, does he not. I have no idea what his degree is in, maybe it was some kind of liberal arts degree due all I know. I can tell you, with my science degree, I didn’t have to take any of these kind of classes. Lots of math, science, and history for me. Little bit of anthropology too. Maybe that was my forced diversity indoctrination credit 😂 Graduated in 15, so I stepped foot in a lot of classes.

You didn’t address the fact that entire MBA program tries to push everyone to work in Oil and Gas. That’s convenient.
Am I clamoring to have government regulate that? Nope.

And we aren’t in any way affiliated with the University.

Like I said, I’m a republican, more socially libertarian than anything I guess as in I’m not trying to control what gets taught, thought, and done in people’s bodies, bedrooms, and private lives. And frankly, I too find all the stuff you guys are so worked up about to be silly. But you have to recognize that we’re dealing with two sides of the same stupid coin here. You don’t solve the problem of people trying to force their beliefs on somebody by forcing your opposite beliefs on somebody. The far left and the far right are equally repugnant to me, both sides want to force their beliefs on everyone through government. I find the vast majority of people fall into those categories, nanny state types. Cry when the other side does it and turn a blind eye when their team gets away with, if not endorsing it outright.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

So have you and Lander ever stepped foot in a classroom at UW? You guys are so sure of what’s going on in there.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:03 pm So have you and Lander ever stepped foot in a classroom at UW? You guys are so sure of what’s going on in there.
I’ll defer to Expat, he recently has. That’s “real” perspective., and “firsthand” knowledge. I’m 62 years old. So, again I’ll defer to those that know.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:00 pm

I’m guessing ExpatPoke, right above yours stepped foot on UWs campus recently. Actually was in classrooms. His take is different than yours.
He also thinks this is a bad idea, does he not. I have no idea what his degree is in, maybe it was some kind of liberal arts degree due all I know. I can tell you, with my science degree, I didn’t have to take any of these kind of classes. Lots of math, science, and history for me. Little bit of anthropology too. Maybe that was my forced diversity indoctrination credit 😂 Graduated in 15, so I stepped foot in a lot of classes.

You didn’t address the fact that entire MBA program tries to push everyone to work in Oil and Gas. That’s convenient.

Like I said, I’m a republican, more socially libertarian than anything I guess as in I’m not trying to control what gets taught, thought, and done in people’s bodies, bedrooms, and private lives. And frankly, I too find all the stuff you guys are so worked up about to be silly. But you have to recognize that we’re dealing with two sides of the same stupid coin here. You don’t solve the problem of people trying to force their beliefs on somebody by forcing your opposite beliefs on somebody. The far left and the far right are equally repugnant to me, both sides want to force their beliefs on everyone through government. I find the vast majority of people fall into those categories, nanny state types. Cry when the other side does it and turn a blind eye when their team gets away with, if not endorsing it outright.

Did you miss the examples he gave of indoctrination? Sure you did, didn’t fit your narrative.

And I’m really curious to see this fallacy that MBA students are pushed to go into oil/gas. Proof. “Entire” program. Pffft.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

Anything with "studies" in its name should be immediately cut. They're money pit sinkholes that produce nothing of value unless you're super stoked about learning "math is racist"
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Like I said, I’m a republican, more socially libertarian than anything I guess as in I’m not trying to control what gets taught, thought, and done in people’s bodies, bedrooms, and private lives. And frankly, I too find all the stuff you guys are so worked up about to be silly. But you have to recognize that we’re dealing with two sides of the same stupid coin here. You don’t solve the problem of pe
I'm curious why you don't care what gets taught to children and impressionable college students. Democrats and other leftists sure care what is being taught and they are winning because they have cared more than conservatives and have become entrenched in academia. Dems don't give a f-word about academic freedom, or freedom in general, they just want to force their views and ideology on anyone and everyone, so we may as well ensure good social principals are taught and not the principals of marxism and racism as the dems are wont to do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:03 pm So have you and Lander ever stepped foot in a classroom at UW? You guys are so sure of what’s going on in there.
I have two degrees from UW within the last 10 years. There was plenty of indoctrination attempted. From catastrophic AGW to run of the mill WHITE PEOPLE ARE BAD stuff. I took Chicano Studies (I actually read some worthwhile stuff in this class) and some poop Human Geography class because of UW requirements and they were heavy on the indoctrination BS. These were just one -off classes for me, and I was easily able to shake off the BS, but less aware, more impressionable students may not have. And if you were forced to take a whole curriculum of that garbage you'd end up a brainwashed lunatic leftist.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:46 am

Like I said, I’m a republican, more socially libertarian than anything I guess as in I’m not trying to control what gets taught, thought, and done in people’s bodies, bedrooms, and private lives. And frankly, I too find all the stuff you guys are so worked up about to be silly. But you have to recognize that we’re dealing with two sides of the same stupid coin here. You don’t solve the problem of pe
I'm curious why you don't care what gets taught to children and impressionable college students. Democrats and other leftists sure care what is being taught and they are winning because they have cared more than conservatives and have become entrenched in academia. Dems don't give a f-word about academic freedom, or freedom in general, they just want to force their views and ideology on anyone and everyone, so we may as well ensure good social principals are taught and not the principals of marxism and racism as the dems are wont to do.
What are proper courses for a University to teach? Perhaps the Legislature can go through the course catalogue and line item the things that they think are superfluous and indoctrinating every year? Should we go through Coe Library and find all the evil indoctrinating books and burn them on Prexie's Pasture? Impressionable college kids shouldn't be trusted with such filth, right? Also, I'm dying to know: What are "good social principals (sic)" in your book?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:21 am Anything with "studies" in its name should be immediately cut. They're money pit sinkholes that produce nothing of value unless you're super stoked about learning "math is racist"
Oh…we should make the University cut their ‘studies’ curriculum too?

I kind of liked that our students are typically required to fulfill their ‘Universities Studies’ requirement by taking the US and Wyoming Constitution course. But maybe those documents are a waste of time.