Fresno - twice in a row

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

2 more years of Linder before we can move on.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:03 pm 2 more years of Linder before we can move on.
The season in mercifully over. Next year will be worse.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:04 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:03 pm 2 more years of Linder before we can move on.
The offseason will be interesting. Looking forward to seeing where Wenzel and Manyawu end up and our big transfer coming in from Oklahoma Panhandle State.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:06 pm

The offseason will be interesting. Looking forward to seeing where Wenzel and Manyawu end up and our big transfer coming in from Oklahoma Panhandle State.
I hope Linder knows some folks at Laramie high school so he can recruit some players.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

You're afraid of a team that didn't win 10 games this year and we just beat by 40 on their own court on senior night? Ok. If we show up and don't play terrible, we will beat them easily again. This is a horrible team that couldn't bother to show up on their own court. Even if they are motivated, what does it matter? They're awful.
[/quote]

I guess the old saying about beating someone 3 times in a season hold true again. I thought....hoped we would win, but nothing with this team surprises me anymore. Hope Wenzel comes back for one more. That guy is all guts and heart.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:21 pm Just gotta love the never-say-die Cowboy Tough-ness of some of our "fans". :roll:
True. I hope they are able to enjoy the rest of their week in Vegas.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Those that go to the tourney with the beliefs we'll win one...haaa that ship sailed 9 years ago on the voyage for maybe a 15 year run...hope u win some $$$ back...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I gotta say Ore you are as pessimistic about something as I’ve ever seen.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:58 pm

I gotta say Ore you are as pessimistic about something as I’ve ever seen.
I know. It’s not like me. Sitting behind Linder at home games for 4 years can do that to you. Haven’t seen anything but arms folded scowls and embarrassing tirades from him unfortunately. I was led into believing that he would change his ways and attitude this year and was willing to give him a chance (because he said he would). But It just seemed worse. He then proceeded to place blame on fans, students and individual players. The opposite quality I look for in a head coach. Truly wish we could have given him his walking papers and kept Wicks. Polar opposite approaches.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

cowpoke pride wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm You're afraid of a team that didn't win 10 games this year and we just beat by 40 on their own court on senior night? Ok. If we show up and don't play terrible, we will beat them easily again. This is a horrible team that couldn't bother to show up on their own court. Even if they are motivated, what does it matter? They're awful.

I guess the old saying about beating someone 3 times in a season hold true again. I thought....hoped we would win, but nothing with this team surprises me anymore. Hope Wenzel comes back for one more. That guy is all guts and heart.
[/quote]

I stand by that post. They are as bad as I thought and we should have beaten them easily. However, we played lousy and still, we had the ball and a 9 point lead with less than 5 minutes left. I'm not going to call out players by name but some just didn't show up today. That's on Linder.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Manyawu got a total of 8 minutes. He can’t show up if he doesn’t play. That’s definitely on Linder! I’m thinking he is in the portal as soon as it opens.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:04 pm Manyawu got a total of 8 minutes. He can’t show up if he doesn’t play. That’s definitely on Linder! I’m thinking he is in the portal as soon as it opens.
He's a good player. Linder basically said he was scared in a round about way. Just play the kid, damnit. He's a good player and will contribute greatly if he's on the court. Hope that gets smoothed out.