Pinstripe Bowl coming to Yankee Stadium

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/stor ... BHeadlines
NEW YORK -- The first Pinstripe Bowl will be played at Yankee Stadium on Dec. 30 and will be televised by ESPN.

The game will include the No. 3 team in the Big East and the No. 6 school in the Big 12, excluding Bowl Championship Series participants.

ESPN agreed to a six-year contract, the Yankees said Tuesday, and New Era Cap Co. Inc. agreed to a four-year deal to be the title sponsor. Future games will be played no earlier than Christmas and no later than New Year's Day.

This will be the first bowl game at Yankee Stadium since Nebraska defeated Miami 36-34 at old Yankee Stadium on Dec. 15, 1962.

The first football game at the new $1.5 billion stadium will be Nov. 20, when Notre Dame plays Army.

In July 2009, the Yankees announced that Yankee Stadium will host a Notre Dame-Army game on Nov. 20 as well as a series of Army home football games vs. Rutgers in 2011, Air Force in 2012 and Boston College in 2014.
ImageImageImageImage
Willie
Buckaroo

Having been to the New Yankee Stadium, I honestly don't know what kind of venue it'll be for football. It was superb for baseball but I dunno what football will bring.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Just what we need, another freakin' bowl game. When will the madness stop?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 45 times

WYO1016 wrote:Just what we need, another freakin' bowl game. When will the madness stop?
Hate to say this but there's another new one that be played at Jerry's World soon.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

The Cotton Bowl is going to be played at Jerry World.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:The Cotton Bowl is going to be played at Jerry World.
You're half right.

BOTH the Cotton Bowl and another new bowl set to start play at Jerry's World either next year or in 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Football_Classic
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!