CST reporting the Casper Shootout is DEAD!

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Good move financially for UW. The games have lost more than $40,000 every year since 2003. And haven't made money / been in the black for more than 20 years. I know it was a good-will event for the fans from Casper and Northern part of the state, but given the current economic climate, and the fact that everyone is watching their pennies, it was about time to let it the F#$K go.

http://www.trib.com/news/local/article_ ... 9283e.html
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Can't say I'm surprised 'cos I'm not.

Being from Casper, it's kinda like a death to me. I miss it when it was a 4-team tourny. I was at the 1990 event when UW hosted Southern Mississippi (who was ranked at the time I believe), Holy Cross, and Northern Arizona. The Championship was wild! The Golden Eagles beat us, 122-112. I sat next to Jack Nokes who was the P.A. Announcer and got to help him keep track of team and individual fouls. I still have the programs I used to keep track of it all.

Anyone else have any fond memories of the Cowboy Shootout aka Wyoming Shootout aka Casper Shootout?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Finally. I think this has been needed for several years.
God is a Cowboy
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I only attended one shootout, when it was still a 4 team tournament. It was fun.. back in the early 90s, I think.

However, one of the best times I've ever had at a UW basketball game was Cats/Pokes in Billings. The metra was rockin and completely sold out. I'd love to see UW do something like this w/ the Griz or Cats in future seasons.. everyone loves a good border war game, even if it is the neighbors to the north!
ImageImageImageImage