MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

From UW Athletics:
http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/ ... 10aaa.html
April 29, 2010

LARAMIE, Wyo. -

University of Wyoming head basketball coach Heath Schroyer announced on Thursday that sophomore center Boubacar Sylla has been medically disqualified and will no longer play basketball for the Cowboys. He will, however, remain on scholarship and continue school at UW.

With the loss of Sylla, one more scholarship spot opens and the Cowboy coaching staff plans to fill it during the spring signing period that concludes on May 19.

Sylla, a sophomore center from Paris, France, played in 29 of 31 games this past season. He averaged 10.3 minutes a game, scored 2.6 points, pulled down 2.9 rebounds and blocked 0.9 shots a game.

Sylla was medically disqualified due to continued difficulties with his left foot. He had a stress fracture in the foot that required surgery in the summer of 2008. During his redshirt year of 2008-09 and leading up to this past season, he diligently rehabilitated the foot. He then began to have difficulties with the foot as this past season wore on. Those difficulties resulted in reduced playing time and two missed games down the stretch of the season.

"This is unfortunate for Bouba," Schroyer said. "He worked extremely hard and was very diligent with our training staff's plan of care for him. We couldn't have asked for anything else from him. He played through a lot of pain and gave everything he could to the Cowboy basketball program.

"Bouba will remain in school and continue to be an important member of our team. Having his great attitude around the guys will benefit us in numerous ways."
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Now only if Schroyer were to be "medically disqualified," then things would really start to look brighter.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Now only if Schroyer were to be "medically disqualified," then things would really start to look brighter.
We 'aint that lucky. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Maybe I dont know enough but Im confused. He will keep his scholly but it will also open one up?
Seems like a good guy but lets face facts. He sucked more than any seven footer has sucked before.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

TwoTone wrote:Maybe I dont know enough but Im confused. He will keep his scholly but it will also open one up?
Seems like a good guy but lets face facts. He sucked more than any seven footer has sucked before.
Yes. It would be wrong to tell someone we are now charging you to attend school because your physical injury. He won't be a player on the basketball team, but typically players in similar situations become team managers (i.e. they are doing something to maintain their scholly). The NCAA has to approve the diagnosis of "medical disqualification" and at that point they no longer count that player's scholarship against your total.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Now only if Schroyer were to be "medically disqualified," then things would really start to look brighter.

We 'aint that lucky.
Surely the NCAA has an IQ test for coaches.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams