MWC Replay Officials suspended over SDSU/BYU game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... sed-sdsu-/
The three people who worked the official replay booth in San Diego State’s football game Saturday against Brigham Young University have been suspended for one game as a result of an obvious missed call, SDSU head coach Brady Hoke said Tuesday.

The missed call happened on an apparent BYU fumble in the third quarter and led to BYU’s 24-21 win in Provo, Utah.
ImageImageImageImage
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Were the officials, by any chance, Mormons?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Adv8RU12 wrote:Were the officials, by any chance, Mormons?
I don't know about all 3, but I guess 1 of them is related to one of BYnerU's players.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It always seems byu gets away with some calls (yes I know I am biased). I remember watching them play Utah a few years back on the Beck to Hartline pass and there was blatant holding. Worse they got into position by a very questionable personal foul or pass interference (don't remeber what the call was exactly). I also remeber a wyoming vs. byu basketball game I went to and they were able to inbound several times with and run a play only to get the ball back because the clock didn't start or something like that. ( Reminded me of the USSR vs. USA basketball game).
cheypoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Even the though the blow call was obvious, and the media agrees it was blown, and the MWC admits it was blown, if you look over on the byu message board, it is full of excuses as to why it is NOT in fact a blown call. Unbelievable! They are just simply incapable of admitted there was a mistake that went in their favor. And that is just soooo typical and one of the reasons I am so sick of byu and glad they are leaving. If that was just about any other school, the fans would just say "wow, we got away with one there" and be done with it. But not byu.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times

Remember the center the yners had about 5 or 6 years ago by the name of Rafael Araujo (sp) and how he would get the ball and then use his left arm and elbow to clear out the defender. He never got called for the foul, but the defender usually did. :brick:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

oooohhhh, Araujo used to piss me off to no end. Never got called for the foul, and when he did, was the biggest crybaby on the floor. I'll never forget when he literally punched one of our guys in the face and didn't get the call. He did however get some words from the ref and of course a chorus from the AA crowd. He flopped on the next play and of course got the call. :tickedoff:

My point is this kind of crap happens all the time with BYU, in all sports. In fact, I'm convinved that if BYU were staying in the conference, the MWC wouldn't have commented and probably slapped Hoke with a reprimand for questioning officials.

Bye BYU, we don't have to deal with this kind of crap from you ever again - at least not after next week.

GO POKES!
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

I remember one of the byu/Cowgirl games i was at (can't remmeber if it was last year or the year before) but the byu girls would protest every call. I dont mean just shaking their head or throwingup their hands or something like that, but really really complain along with everyone on the team. And it was after EVERY call that went against them; every traveling, double dribble, out of bounds call, every charge or block. It was just ridiculous. If it was anyone but byu i would have been embarassed for them. I dont know what the mindset there is, or if that behavior is taught, but it sure doesnt help their image.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

You know, you really have to feel awful for Aztecs. Twice this season they've received official apologies about calls that were wrong and affected the outcome of their games.
@ Mizzou and @ BYU.
They would likely be 5-0 with those calls being correct, and guess what? Mizzou is now #22, ahead of Air Force. A 5-0 SDSU would likely have snuck into top 25, which would've meant TCU, Utah, Air Force, AND SDSU being ranked. That would've made Mountain West look even better.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

I suppose they will be reinstated just in time for the BYU-WYO game. :roll: These aren't the same refs who had the 2007 AFA-WYO game are they?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

COS Cowboy wrote:I suppose they will be reinstated just in time for the BYU-WYO game. :roll: These aren't the same refs who had the 2007 AFA-WYO game are they?

I have a feeling all eyes are going to be on the officiating in all bywho games - at least for the rest of the season. If a connection is found on an investigation, they might be looking at probation or at the least, a forfeit of the game. The last blown call(s) against SDSU was so blatant and obvious that this stigma will stay with bywho forever. They are an outcast who almost no one wants to be associated with. They will have to buy their way into games from now on.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

cheypoke wrote:I remember one of the byu/Cowgirl games i was at (can't remmeber if it was last year or the year before) but the byu girls would protest every call. I dont mean just shaking their head or throwingup their hands or something like that, but really really complain along with everyone on the team. And it was after EVERY call that went against them; every traveling, double dribble, out of bounds call, every charge or block. It was just ridiculous. If it was anyone but byu i would have been embarassed for them. I dont know what the mindset there is, or if that behavior is taught, but it sure doesnt help their image.
Foreman. Such a bitch. I hate her
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke

It's now come out that one of the three suspended was a BYU employee.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... ers-suspe/

There's going to be tons on scrutiny on the replay booth at BYU's next home game (which is of course, us). Who knows, maybe we'll actually benefit from this.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

More on this: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/byus ... h.html.csp

One of the employees has been suspended from working the UW/BYU game.
ImageImageImageImage
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator

I think the bywhoers must have gone into total meltdown on the MWC board - the server went into overload. :o
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WYCowboy wrote:I think the bywhoers must have gone into total meltdown on the MWC board - the server went into overload. :o
So? What else is new?!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!