Howdy newcomers!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Howdy guys,

For those that don't know, my name is Brad, born and raised in Worland, Wyoming, currently living in Missoula, Montana working as tech support for St. Patrick Hospital. I've been here three years, but miss Wyoming a great deal. I'm a Griz season ticket holder, but I annoy the crap out of my girlfriend when I follow the Cowboy football play by play on my phone instead of watching the game going on in front of me. :) Now you know a bit about me, so we can carry on...

So I've just been informed by my loyal servant Wyokie that GoWyoGo has turned into a pay-per-view type of site where you can't see anything anymore. Good. I'm glad to have you all here. I've always felt that I've had the better website and board, but it was tough to get people to visit because GWG had such a huge market staked out, and had been around for so long. I'm glad to see this site have a one day explosion of new faces (or screennames, whatever..), and glad to see the interest and topics flowing. I know for me, living in Northern Montana, it's tough to get Cowboy news up here, so places like this are fantastic to get the best info.. that's why WyoNation was created.

With that said, I'm glad you're all here, as far as the rules go, we're probably more lenient than GWG is/was, we're not going to ban you for every stupid little thing, but the big thing to remember, don't be a complete asshole either. That will get you booted. Language isn't a huge issue for me, because afterall, we're Wyoming'ites who make their home out on the range (to partially quote Chris LeDoux), we all do it. Don't get over board with it, and of course, no racial or homophobic language please. I'm not entirely sure if the word sensor is activated on this board or not, but if the language gets bad, I will turn it on. I want this board to serve as kind of a model of what people of the state of Wyoming (and other places) see, and I don't want 'em thinkin' we're slack-jawed retards that can't put a coherent sentence together. :thumb:

In conclusion, thanks for making this your new (or current) home, have fun, post often, and be sure to thank Chris (of eGriz.com fame) for hosting this site on his server. If there's anything you guys need, want to see on the site or forum, shoot me a PM, reply to this thread, or use the Comments and Questions forum.

Go Pokes!
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

And if anyone has any questions when Mr. Titliest aint around, just either PM me or ask on here somewhere.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyoRev
Buckaroo

Thank you for providing a safe haven for Wyoming fans guys! By far, a better site than that of GWG.

Thanks,
Rev
charliepathetic
Buckaroo

I migrated over. This message board software is much better. We should have all moved sooner.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

charliepathetic wrote:I migrated over. This message board software is much better. We should have all moved sooner.
Better late than never. lol

Spread the word about this site.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hi, my name is Blake and I'm a grad student at UW. Glad to be here. This site seems much better than GWG anyway. I hope we can move everyone over here. Would be great if we could get more updates on the main page about the upcoming game and some more stuff like that :)
I'm good for 3!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cornpoke wrote:Hi, my name is Blake and I'm a grad student at UW. Glad to be here. This site seems much better than GWG anyway. I hope we can move everyone over here. Would be great if we could get more updates on the main page about the upcoming game and some more stuff like that :)
Good suggestion. Mr. Titliest, myself, and others are working to make the site better. I think more will come over from GWG in the upcoming days.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Yeah.. the front page is needing updating.. just gotta find the time. That's one of my projects on this site! :)
ImageImageImageImage
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

In an attempt to establish the newest '"good ole' boy's club" of the sports message board universe, they risk irrelevance and obscurity by closing the gate. This seems contradictory to the purpose of what a message board is about, namely the contribution of diverse opinions contributed by a large spectrum of fans. The "more the merrier" mantra is the objective of many a sports board that I've frequented.

The pay to post (or read) mentality may stave off the so-called riff raff but I doubt will significantly contribute to more participation or increased membership. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

And, unless the fan bases of the opposing teams have also paid Rival memberships, they will not likely offer their pre and post game rhetoric that is common-place and something many folks look forward to. I'm one who prefers to scope the opposing teams message boards out before we play and afterwords....as long as we win.

So I tip my beer to a new venture (new to me) that is WyoNation and as my friends in New Hampshire will attest, "Live Free or Die".

Go Pokes
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Thank you for providing this forum!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

GetRealMan wrote:In an attempt to establish the newest '"good ole' boy's club" of the
sports message board universe, they risk irrelevance and obscurity by
closing the gate. This seems contradictory to the purpose of what a
message board is about, namely the contribution of diverse opinions
contributed by a large spectrum of fans. The "more the merrier" mantra
is the objective of many a sports board that I've frequented.

The
pay to post (or read) mentality may stave off the so-called riff raff
but I doubt will significantly contribute to more participation or
increased membership. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

And,
unless the fan bases of the opposing teams have also paid Rival
memberships, they will not likely offer their pre and post game
rhetoric that is common-place and something many folks look forward to.
I'm one who prefers to scope the opposing teams message boards out
before we play and afterwords....as long as we win.

So I tip my
beer to a new venture (new to me) that is WyoNation and as my friends
in New Hampshire will attest, "Live Free or Die".

Go Pokes

Glad you are here. If you look back at the older threads, you will see that we get alot of visits from opposing teams fans such as Virginia (that one went on for a long time and got pretty heated at times), No. Dak. State U., and Ohio U. It's a good board with good admins.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Thanks for the welcome MrTitlest. You and Wyokie have been much more friendly and welcoming than the GWG guys ever were. The only reason I stayed over there so long was because as you mentioned they did have the corner on the market, so there was simply more content over there. I hope that the word gets out that this is the new home for "real" Cowboy Sports talk! If you ever need any help or suggestions from someone living and working in Laramie just feel free to ask me!

GO POKES!!!
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
TheBuckhole
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

Hi folks-

The Buckhole here, straight from GWG. I was a member there for almost ten years. Glad to find this.

GO POKES
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

Hi guys,
Raised in Lyman, high school in Green River ('90), Laramie since then. I took a geology degree, and do wellsite work, currently I'm offshore Louisiana, but could be working literally anywhere. Thanks for providing this site. I've been posting on the other one since it was Slider's site on his own AOL account, before it went to Rivals, like in 1996. If that's how they want to be, so be it. I'll hang out here. I just wish I could've gotten one last post...."way to go f-word, now in addition to not getting any sign-up revenue from me, you will actually lose money by not getting the ad revenue from me when I visit."
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Another long time reader of GWG. I think i have been going to that site for 7-8 years and even posted a bit at the beginning.I lost my login info and never felt compelled to get a new one. Since they poop on all of us non "elite" fans and decided that i wasn't even worthy enough to read their posts, i thought it would be a good opportunity to actually join the conversation. Over here. Looks like a great site. Thanks for welcoming all of the GoWyoGo exiles.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

To all GWG Exiles, thanks for joining Wyo Nation. Please spread the word.
CowboyRoo
Buckaroo

I am glad that other board has forced me to move. This a way better. Some of those old fellas can't get past 1970.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

CowboyRoo wrote:I am glad that other board has forced me to move. This a way better. Some of those old fellas can't get past 1970.
LOL :lol: There was a generation gap there!
nirv117
Ranch Hand

CowboyRoo wrote:I am glad that other board has forced me to move. This a way better. Some of those old fellas can't get past 1970.
And I can't get past 1987-88
Those were good years.
God is a Cowboy
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

nirv117 wrote:
And I can't get past 1987-88
Those were good years.
I still wished it was 1988. We were DAMNED good then.