Howdy newcomers!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Hello All. I certainly wish I would have known about this board before. I used to be a part of GWG. But, Ian and his village idiots blocked me because my views were not "in line" with the rest of the forum. Over at GWG, if you did not agree with them, then you were not a "true fan." Well, that is furtherest from the truth. GWG is on its downslide. Ian and the village idiots can have their little chats with only 4 people. This board will provide what they dont: fun, and lively chat. Furthermore, there was an issue over personal and private information being shared by the moderator (over at GWG) with other members (so all you GWG trolls can run back and tell Ian that the gig is up and people are on to him providing personal information to others). That is private information and hopefully, on this boards, it stays private (not to mention any legal issues that can arise). So, here is to a lively debate. I certainly may not agree with others, but I will be respectful at the same time. That is what is fun about the debates, not agreeing, but maintaining respect for others.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Hi all, I just found out about this board, and plan on being regular poster here. Glad to have a place where I can still post about Wyoming football
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Hi WyomingAG. Are you a GWG outcast as well? How about that idea of premium pay to read what a guy from Washington DC (who sees one game a year) give expert opinion? I am an "outcast" as well, so this is a nice change. I really like this forum alot better. The website is much better as well.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I'm the latest expat from the rivals site. I signed up for the pay site briefly after it went to being a pay site so that I could express my opinions about the decision. I have a couple of lengthy posts over there - the synopsis is that I think it's wrong to make people pay to express themselves, especially when its motivated by an attempt to keep undesirable "riff raff" out. It's ethically wrong, especially on the internet, which in my mind is the first/last frontier for democratic participation in public conversations. It's especially wrong when you start to realize that lots of people have tight budgets that don't allow for "luxuries" like a sanitary internet forum at the low, low price of a hundred bones a year.

So after almost 1700 posts over there over the course of 7 or so years, I'm done with gowyogo.

I'm a 1998 Sheridan High School grad, 2002 Wyoming grad, and 2005 Oregon Law grad (hence Cowduck). I'm a Poke fan first and foremost but from time to time I might bore you with brief observations about Oregon athletics. I am currently practicing law as a public defender in Fairbanks, Alaska. Although I lived virtually all of my first 22 years in Wyoming, I was born in Minnesota and my family's roots are midwestern, so the Twins, Vikings, and Wolves (ugh) are my pro teams.

I hadn't been posting a ton at gowyogo and I probably won't post a ton here, but I want to be spending my time on a free forum, not a paid one, so here I am.
High Plains
Buckaroo

Loved your post on GWG and agree completely. I think they'll lose more than they gain by "cleansing" the forum. We have a few things in common, or at least in parallel. I graduated from Campbell County HS (1996), UW 2002 and University of Texas law in 2005. Now living/practicing in Superior, CO after a brief stint in Dallas, TX. I actually just visited Fairbanks in June and ran in the summer soltice run with my wife - what a blast! Seeing the sun set at something like 2 a.m. and rise again 45 minutes later was awesome.

I also don't post a ton, but will from time to time, although the only UT posts you may have to put up with would probably relate to next year's game (cheering for the Pokes 110%, of course, but really can't lose I guess).
Tunnel Poke
Buckaroo

Well, I'm another GWG refugee but used a different handle over there (sdcapoke). I grew up in Pine Bluffs, went to UW in 1980(I once had a T-shirt that said "UW - 6 or 7 of the best years of your life") and missed maybe 3 home games from 1975 until I moved to San Diego in '89. I don't know if that makes me one of the old codgers or not, but since there is a scarcity of Poke news here in So Cal, I need my fix of info and don't feel like paying for it. I mostly read, don't post much and catch the Pokes when they are nearby - SDSU, UNLV, if they ever play Fresno again, and anytime the hoop team is in L.A. like this year at UCLA.

Go Pokes!
AfiPoke
Cowpoke

Yo,

honorable riff-raff and chers amis, thanks to Titleist, Wyokie, and Chris for setting this place up. Nice to have a fallback for us plebians to turn to. I see many of the more colorfull characters from GWG (RIP) on here and am looking forward to some lively discussions.

As for myself, I was cowpokefan on the old board and am an Army guy serving in West Africa. Thus, I get to 'watch' the pokes via gametracker. Am a 95 grad and an Indiana Hoosier alumn as well. Grew up in Riverton. Wife is a Kansas State and Wichita State grad, and we are both football heads. Domestic tranquility is tested as we scramble for bandwith when UW and K State are playing in the same time slots and I am considering pouring a beer on her laptop in the near future.

Horrified at where this team is at and have just about worn out my "At least it is better than Vic's tenure" excuse. I really respect HCJG but it is pretty clear where we are at with progression and am hoping the administration figures out a good path for the program in the future.

Anyway, thanks again to those who maintain this site and am looking forward to getting updates and news from those of you back in the states.

Cheers
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

AfiPoke wrote:Yo,

honorable riff-raff and chers amis, thanks to Titleist, Wyokie, and Chris for setting this place up. Nice to have a fallback for us plebians to turn to. I see many of the more colorfull characters from GWG (RIP) on here and am looking forward to some lively discussions.

As for myself, I was cowpokefan on the old board and am an Army guy serving in West Africa. Thus, I get to 'watch' the pokes via gametracker. Am a 95 grad and an Indiana Hoosier alumn as well. Grew up in Riverton. Wife is a Kansas State and Wichita State grad, and we are both football heads. Domestic tranquility is tested as we scramble for bandwith when UW and K State are playing in the same time slots and I am considering pouring a beer on her laptop in the near future.

Horrified at where this team is at and have just about worn out my "At least it is better than Vic's tenure" excuse. I really respect HCJG but it is pretty clear where we are at with progression and am hoping the administration figures out a good path for the program in the future.

Anyway, thanks again to those who maintain this site and am looking forward to getting updates and news from those of you back in the states.

Cheers
No problem. I enjoyed reading your posts on GWG and looking forward to your posts here.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyNative
Ranch Hand

Thank You For this site GWG now has about 5 elitists of theirs talking to each other.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WyNative wrote:Thank You For this site GWG now has about 5 elitists of theirs talking to each other.
I can figure out who 3 are but who are the other two? Ian, DC, wyopoke.

BTW welcome to the site.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I can't figure who they are either. :lol:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

WYCowboy wrote:I can't figure who they are either. :lol:
Haven't been on GWG since last Thursday so....
WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

Another refugee from GWG. Glad to have another site where opinions concerning the Pokes can be expressed and I don't have to pay to do it. Thanks.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Welcome to the board. The more the better.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

FarEastPoke here. Orphaned by GWG. Living in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

FarEastPoke wrote:FarEastPoke here. Orphaned by GWG. Living in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
I have a high school buddy living near you. She and her husband lives in Hong Kong.

Welcome to site btw.
PokerOfPoway
Buckaroo

I also am from Pine Bluffs High School living in San Diego...will be in Vegas on 11/12 for the ball game! Always a thriller in Vegas...will be with my running buddy also from Pine so hope you all come up and say howdy! Go Pokes :)
PokerOfPoway
Buckaroo

oh ya, don't forget to check out my on-line blues rock radio station:

http://www.bellyup4blues.com

Wyoming Proud/Born!!!!