Early Prediction

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Ok, before anyone shoots, hangs, threatens to kill, or takes my man card away, read the entire post for the reasoning.

Here is my early prediction for next week. We will have a new starting QB. Sween should be the guy. He has the experience and I believe his game was considerably better yesterday (than last year) considering the pressure that was put on him. The offense will rally around him because of his experience and leadership ability. I think the offense knows that Crum was forced down their throats by an inept offensive coordinator (Cole) and Glenn. The offense looked uncomfortable and out of sink so far this season. My prediction is that Sween will rally the troops, give the D some rest, and prove his worth. He WILL make some mistakes. But, he will win us some football games. We will have a shot of finishing at 7 wins (ok, I am still sane and the stroke I had yesterday was only a "mild" stroke). LOL. He will be in tune with the receivers more than in the past and if they (Glenn and company) tell him he is the guy, then he will have a blow up game. Wyoming will get back on track now that the coaching staff has figured out that Crum isnt the guy (no matter how much money his dad donated to Wyoming). Joe is well aware that his job is on the line. He will (hopefully) go back to what has worked in the past. I think he will tell Cole to open up the play book and let Sween throw the ball. Sween has a great arm. It still remains to be seen if the QB crisis from the last two years is because of COCKhill or if it was Sween. My guess, it was COCKhill. Sween can manage the game good enough to win and is a proven threat to other defenses. They will be alot more cautious to load the box on the running game with Sween as QB with his throwing ability. I know he has made some poor mistakes in the last couple of years, but he is still the best option there is for us to win. Thoughts?
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

Halfback draw up the middle on 3rd and 6.....that is what we will see for the entire game. It's what we've seen for the entire season so far, why change it up now?
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

LOL. Great point! The difference is that now we are 2-3. That is why I think they will change it up. By no means am I suggesting that Glenn and Co need to stay. I am not happy with the current staff either. I just think Glenn is in a position that he will probably be fired anyways, so he might as well go back to what was working. As far as the half back up the middle, with Sween in there the other teams know he can throw the ball, so they may be a little more caution to load the box in case there is a play action pass. In fact, I think that the long ball that Sween threw yesterday was off of a play action. There may be some money to be made there. To be honest, my fear is that some how Wyo gets 7 wins and Glenn comes back. Then Glenn will throw Sween back under the bus and push Crum(my) back down the offenses throat. I think Crum(my) may develop into a decent QB, but right now the game is just to dam fast for him and he cant think his way threw (after all, he was at a Juco). I dont know, it was just a thought I had. It was a bad beating at the expense of the players. But Joe figured out that the BS that he has been doing sure as hell isnt working.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

Put THE BONE in, nobody stops THE BONE.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Who in the world is "THE BONE"?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:Who in the world is "THE BONE"?
He's talking about the wishbone offenxse.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think we would have seen much better results if we did run the Wishbone, that's for sure. A 2 back set with Wynel and D-mo in the backfield? I like that idea.

I really really like Joe Glenn but I still don't see us getting 7 wins and him being back next season. I think it was fairly obvious to us that we just don't have the D1 talent to compete right now. That being said, I have continued to preach we need that certain type of Wishbone, flexbone, pistol, veer, to compete right now.
I'm good for 3!
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Hell I think we should bring in an O-coordinator who runs the West Coast or spread..wait...that's what Cole's doing. No? He said he was. And we thought Cockhill was bad.

Go Pokes!
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Cornpoke wrote: That being said, I have continued to preach we need that certain type of Wishbone, flexbone, pistol, veer, to compete right now.
At least we wouldnt throw so many touchdown passes to the other team. As awesome as it would be to see the return of the veer to division 1 football, I think the line is too undersized to run something like that. But if we had BYU's size at O-Line, then it might not be such a bad idea.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sorry but your wrong about veer being suited for larger O-line. That's why many undersized teams ran the veer, because they had undersized lineman who could move quickly and pull. All you had to do was angle and cut block.
I'm good for 3!