NM game predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO Bandit
Buckaroo

I'm going to keep my brown and gold glasses on one more week, Pokes 21 Lobos 20.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

WYO Bandit wrote:I'm going to keep my brown and gold glasses on one more week, Pokes 21 Lobos 20.
I am going to keep mine on as well...not for a victory, but for the offense scoring more than two TD's in the game. NM 31, UW 27.

We are the Lobo's HC game, 11-14 point underdogs, we suck REAL BAD on the road, and there was a ton of bad blood there two years ago (their student section throwing bottles, etc., at our staff & team)!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

For moral sake and because anything less than a win could put us into an Oakland Raider like tailspin (though I do find it funny when its happening to the Raiders :lol: ) I say a rejuvenated Sween finally gets this offense going. While we might still turn the ball over a couple times, our defense will be stout and hopefully can rattle NM's young QB. We will limit the mistakes and get some much needed confidence. Pokes 31 - Lobos 13.
Last edited by Snowman_55 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

Looking through my brown and gold glasses, I see only 4 TO's this week. Only 2 QB's will throw int's. Cowboys break their streak of opening drive touchdown's for the other team, and lose this one in thrilling fashion. 21-13
What do you mean funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown? I amuse you?
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

siliconvalleycowboy wrote:Looking through my brown and gold glasses, I see only 4 TO's this week. Only 2 QB's will throw int's. Cowboys break their streak of opening drive touchdown's for the other team, and lose this one in thrilling fashion. 21-13
Are you talking about 2 Wyoming Qb's throwing INTs? Coach Glenn and Cole have been adamant in saying that Sween was given the keys to the offense and doesn't have to worry about looking over his shoulder. Good or Bad I don't think you are going to see him pulled for Crum or any other QB this week.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

I guess I'll believe it when I see it.
What do you mean funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown? I amuse you?
brocksamson
Buckaroo

I just don't understand or see where we have gotten any better. We have no QB, and Glenn's record away from the War is something like 7-23, and after this season will probably be 8-26 at best. There are only 2 games that I will predict a pokes win the rest of the year, UNLV (that may change though) and CSU because they suck, maybe just a little bit less than we do. So, I don't expect to see anything different, TO's will plague the first half, we go into the break down 17-3. They come out and get a score, we hang tough the rest of the way, they call off the dogs with 8 minutes to go, we get a cheapy against the 2nd teamers again, final score 24-9 because we will some how screw the pooch on the PAT again.
All I know is, if he ain't back in 10 minutes, we calling Dominoes.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Wy - 19
NM- 16

I think this will be one of the sloppiest games in the MWC this season. I see TO's all over and defenses making points. Offences well... like what we are used to except its on both sides of the ball. It will be game where no one will know who will win because of all the chaos of a younge QB and a TO prone experienced QB. Wyoming should win since we have a better defense and it would be shocking to win one on the road.
Go Pokes!
scottishboywy
Buckaroo

No Kool-aid drinking here. Probably will score more points but will lose...

NM: 27
WY: 21
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

WYO 34
Lobo's 3
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

NM makes it 8 out of the last 9, but at least we will have more than 150 yards passing.

NM 31 UW 20
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

TCU is the only team to shut down the NM rushing attack this year. Wyoming is no TCU. On the otherhand NM seems very weak on pass defense. Unfortunately, the Pokes are very weak on pass offense.

Definite advantage to NM - maybe two scores. And to rub it in, the Pokes have to look at those hideous all-red Lobo uniforms. I hope my TV has a switch-to-black-and-white setting.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I agree with Snipey, this could very well be the sloppiest game we see all year in the MWC... I still don't see Wyoming pulling this one out although I think we could possibly win the turnover battle. It will be the same ole thing. Defense on the field waay to long and we never give ourselves a chance.
I'm good for 3!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

painfully...

NM - 24
'Boys - 13
loborick
Buckaroo

Adv8RU12 wrote:TCU is the only team to shut down the NM rushing attack this year. Wyoming is no TCU. On the otherhand NM seems very weak on pass defense. Unfortunately, the Pokes are very weak on pass offense.

Definite advantage to NM - maybe two scores. And to rub it in, the Pokes have to look at those hideous all-red Lobo uniforms. I hope my TV has a switch-to-black-and-white setting.
You're talking about hideous uniforms? LOL! You guys are top five in that!

UNM 24-13.
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Poke's by a FG 16-13