How much will attendance swing with a W or L this week?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

My thought...if UW loses, expect a crowd of about 17K for homecoming. If UW wins, expect a crowd of about 21K for homecoming. So, a 4K swing. After all, it is Assingham & Homecoming! Your thoughts WYONATION?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

Its homecoming so some fans will be here regardless, as of right now the word is most of the hotels are near full for the weekend Of course cancellations could occur depending on the NM game (how we play as much as the final result IMO). Those numbers seem reasonable McP...however if our offense finds away to get going I do think that number could edge slightly higher. I still think lots of people really want to believe in Joe Glenn and this years team, they just need something to get the spirit back. I really hope that we can get things going because WhitlessHam deserves a 40K+ finger salute upon entering the war.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
7220Fan
Ranch Hand

Snowman - I don't know if they will be there reguardless. I know it is homecoming but there were about 129 people in the stands at the end of the game Sat. and if we lose to NM everyone knows Utah is pretty salty, I bet we will be lucky to have 16,000 in the stands. Just my thought.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Nobody really wants to see Witingham hang 70 points on us at home. People will stay away in droves. Either that or stay in the parking lot or pull up a barstool at the Alibi. We want revenge and we are not going to get it done this year against the Yewts.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

I have observed over the years that Wyoming has a core, make that hardcore, number of fans who will be at every game come thick or thin regardless of wins, losses, rain delays, forfeits, or power outages.

For Football it's around 9-10 grand, basketball between 4-5. Most probably live in the vicinity of Laramie and Cheyenne, but a good number from Casper, Rawlins, Greenland and a few smaller towns surrounding the area.

And then of course you have the die-hard, blow your skirt up, shake your head at, unbelievable folks that travel across the state regardless of weather, illness, breakdowns, weddings, birthdays, funerals, anniversaries, and yes....even hunting.

Anything above and beyond the core are basically fence riders. The probability of their attendance in Laramie is connected to priorities that are connected to wins and losses. The more wins, the the higher priority and a greater chance to participate in the revelry of being around other people who are having fun.

And in the end it really is about "what can you do for me" and how much entertainment can the Pokes provide in a 3 and half hour time slot that so many organize their weekend around.

The cool thing about this state though is that most of the band wagoners will get off their ass in a moments notice if we even remotely show signs of a winning program and fill up the War and the AA. That's what is so frustrating about the athletic department accepting a .500 season as "successful".
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
14Poke
Buckaroo

I live in Kansas and regardless of how it goes I'm still dragging my family to the CSU game. I'm hoping there's about 20,000 others at that one so we can show the sheeppeople what real fans are like.
"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk! "...Cal Naughton Jr.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Snowman_55.... I like you already. I thought I was the only one using the phrase Whitlessham... you are absolutely correct, he deserves 40k of pissed off, airhorn belching, "Yo Mamma" yelling, Cowboot stomping, gameday gold wearing, "FU Whitlessham" chanting, MANIACS.

WE NEED TO BEAT NM, BUT AFTER THAT, I HAVE NEVER LOOKED FORWARD TO A GAME LIKE THIS.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I talked with a former recruiter from Air Force who still has very close ties to the Academy this summer.. he said the one of the big games this year in the MWC could Utah and Wyoming.. a payback game, he called it.
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think people are gonna come out for this one. I'm thinking we get at least 20k for this game. With these type of grudge matches weird things can happen. Maybe like us putting up 30-40 points? Never know, college football is one crazy beast and I'd like to see us play our asses off and beat Utah.

So come on out Laramie, after all, it's the only show in town!
I'm good for 3!