OFFICIAL UW @ New Mexico GAME THREAD

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

21-0
What do you mean funny? Funny how? Like I'm a clown? I amuse you?
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Halftime Lobos 21 Wyo 0

:(
Go Pokes!
skiwyoming
Buckaroo

That was a horrible half.

Once again the offensive play calling was pityful, then add in a offensive line that apparently averages 300+ pounds but can't pass block worth a crap - or can't pick up a blitz.

I seems like only one pass was attempted over 10 yards.

I am looking forward to seeing more runs up the middle, runs to the left, runs to the right and then 5 yard pass plays.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Beginning of 4th Qtr Lobos 21 Wyo 0

Still sloppy... :(
Go Pokes!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

I am here to eat my crow. We are absolutely terrible, even with Sween in. Does this offense have a pass play for more than 5 yards? To bad for the opening INT for K. Still think he is the best we have. But dam, what the hell does the play book consist of? Do they actually run any of the long ball plays that they practice in practice. I dont think Chuck Norris could help them. I will not be able to watch another game this year!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

I think the longest pass play was the interception on the first play
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

We had some long pass plays not many as our recievers can't catch, run routes, and get open or sween throws it off or gets sacked
Go Pokes!
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

7:18 4th Qtr Lobos 24 Wyo 0
Go Pokes!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

barring a score tonight, which doesn't look likely, we are averaging 9.3 pts a game over 6 games. That's good for a baseball team
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Great for hockey or soccer...
Go Pokes!
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

Final Lobos 24 Wyo 0

Not looking forward to our Homecoming... We will be lucky to have 7000 people there... :(
Go Pokes!
siliconvalleycowboy
Buckaroo

I think if we win one more game this year we can consider ourselves lucky.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

1st shoutout loss to the Lobos since 1952!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

siliconvalleycowboy wrote:I think if we win one more game this year we can consider ourselves lucky.
Yah me too... I was hoping Sween wouldn't start where he left off when he started before last year. Both top QB's produce next to nothing in points. Something is broken in the football program.

I hope something comes together.
Go Pokes!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

SnipeyPoke wrote:Final Lobos 24 Wyo 0

Not looking forward to our Homecoming... We will be lucky to have 7000 people there... :(
I personally can't do it - I refuse to invest any more emotion, money, or time into this crap and as such have decided to send the remainder of my season tickets as well as my CJC parking passes to Tom Burman in protest. While I was searching for the athletic department address I came across the mission. Check out this;

The mission of the University of Wyoming Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is to provide an environment in which student-athletes complete their undergraduate college education and achieve athletics success at the highest possible level. As Wyoming's only four-year University, we are committed to offering a first-class competitive athletics program at the NCAA Division IA level that promotes the values of the state and assists in carrying out the overall University of Wyoming mission.

Time to put up Tom!
wyocowboy
Buckaroo

How is it possible to only score 3 points in 3 conference games? I was hoping that Sween was going to be our savior and lead us again like he did a couple of years ago and obviously that is not going to happen this year. What are the possibilities of Glen going to the freshman and letting him play. I realize that they wanted to red-shirt him, but can they really let the year go by like this. I think something needs to be done and done right now.
Will always be a POKE fan but it's getting hard to watch.
WyoCow85
Buckaroo

The QB position seems to be where all the talk focuses each week, and seems to be the only thing Glenn and Cole are concerned with, but Max Hall would honestly not make a difference on this team. That team is fundamentally broken in so many fashions, it is not even possible to diagram. Our play calling is an absolute joke. Not like, wow this is bad, so lets call it a joke, like either Bob Cole is trying to play a JOKE on Wyoming fans, or he is legally mentally retarded. Our offensive line is the laziest and most underachieving group of 5 men I have ever witnessed. Our WR corp. is the least talented group that I believe this school has had in decades. I honestly see potential from Sween, Moore, and Seldon, but 3 cannot make up for the failures of dozens. Our defense is also a serious bright spot, and I would be scared to see what they could do in a game when they were off the field more than they were on it, and we actually played even in field position over an entire game.
Sween is not an elite QB, and probably never will be, but he could win games for this team, its just simply impossible with the weapons he has, the plays we call, and the offensive line that plays in front of him.
I know firing Joe Glenn now would not help this team this season, but to be honest, I would love to see Breske could do for the remaining 6 games. I doubt we would turn the season around, but I could almost guarantee a more competitive squad. Obviously Glenn is gone after December, but where do we go from there? We invested so much in eventual Glenn success, that going in another direction is going to put this team SO FAR behind where the conference powers are going. Its just a shame.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Agreed, the problems with offense is much more than just the QBs. As a group only the RBs are acceptable. It pisses me off every time I see an Olineman looking around before the play is over. Go freaking hit somebody until you hear the god damn whistle, that is your job, who cares where the RB or QB is, just find the nearest defender and hit him, ugh. Receivers get open or be able to make tough catches.

I wish that the more I cared, the better they would play, but it doesn't work that way. I believe in miracles and that is what it is going to take to turn this season around.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Otterson, just got blown up, being showed back 5 yards into Sween lap on the first play by a Linebacker, our pass protection is horrible.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Not necessarily a miracle but more of an investment. I would guarantee that one of...

Major Applewhite - U of TX
Dan Mullen - U of Florida
Norm Chow - UCLA
Steve Sarkisian - USC
Tuner Gill - U of Buffalo
Lane Kiffin - USC/Raiders

...would get us headed in the right direction. Show them the money (this can't be fixed on the cheap) and we might just shock the world. And who cares if they rebuild us and leave for bigger things. They REBUILT us and we can then go out and do it again - most likely easier without missing a beat. I say screw the luxury boxes for now, take that money and buy us a coach that will show us the promised land. Right now our coaches are putting an NAIA product on a DI-A field. STRIKE NOW!!!
Last edited by HiCountryCowboy on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.