Who will stop Chris Long?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

Having looked over your two deep and projected starters you are VERY young on the left side of your line.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

We're running a Two TE set. Plus we'll have our RB back there to hit him off during a pass.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Wade Betschart will be lined up wherever Long is...Wade is a beast.
I think he's gonna open some eyes in this game.
UVAMan04
Buckaroo

I sincerely hope "The Beast" tries to block Chris one on one. Another question I'll ask is who will block Fitz on the other end? I suspect the first answer is more correct, you will have two dedicated to Chris and a running back will also be in the vacinity as Chris will be coming from the lefties blind side. That means you 8 left to block 10. I like how the numbers start to work out, especially since part of that 8 is younger first time starters. RUN SWEEN RUN... or else. :D
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

If it's 8 left to block ten then we have quite a few open passing options. And you lose bad. Because a simple 5 yard pass would turn into a huge gain or TD. Because you have no one on our wideouts.
If what you just said is true you better hope you can get Sween before he gets the pass off.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Exactly - just how many are you going to drop back into pass coverage or are you going to go man on them?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

I think that UvaMan04 was being a little sarcastic when he said 8 left to block 10 because we obviously aren't going to blitz all 11. But with out blitz schemes you may have a hard time with double teaming Long and dedicating a running back to him. If you focus too much on Chris we have other guys who can hurt you with a man on man blocker. You also better pray that you are focusing on double teams in practice and rotating men while picking up the blitz. It's like in basketball, if someone has to step in to help stop a guy who beat his man then you are essentially playing four on five and all you have to do is find the open man.

For our linebackers all we have to do is find the open gap if you plan on double/triple teaming Chris. You better pray that no one has an unabated route to Sween or you may lose him.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

UVABy20
Buckaroo

No one
gowyoBT
Buckaroo

Chris Long, who?
Wyo 23, UVA 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think i heard his name 3 times at most today, and twice was to reiterate that he was Howie Long's son!
Way to go, Wyo! Good Job D!!!!!

da pokes.