How big of a deal is this?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Please rank the following UW scandals in order of their impact to the program. Feel free to add anything I've forgotten.

Dave's outburst
Glenn's finger
Black 14
Dimel's pool table
the '59 recruiting incident (for which we earned our only NCAA probation)
Koennig's tenure
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Schroyer's extension?
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

my vote is simply based off of publicity.

Black 14
Howdy Doody Gate
Recruiting
Finger (one of my favorites)
Pool table
Koenning
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:my vote is simply based off of publicity.

Black 14
Howdy Doody Gate
Recruiting
Finger (one of my favorites)
Pool table
Koenning
Publicity apparently doesn't hurt anybody anymore. PSU is doing pretty good this year. USC has never faltered even with their bowl ban. I'll rank on how if affected our program.

Black 14
Koenning
59 recruiting
pool table (never could recruit anyway, and this just made him want to leave even more than he did before)
Howdy Doody
Finger
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote:
Publicity apparently doesn't hurt anybody anymore. PSU is doing pretty good this year. USC has never faltered even with their bowl ban. I'll rank on how if affected our program.

Black 14
Koenning
59 recruiting
pool table (never could recruit anyway, and this just made him want to leave even more than he did before)
Howdy Doody
Finger
That's how I'd rank them too.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

In order as far as they hurt UW:
Black 14 (still hurts us at times)
Koenning (program still suffers the effects)
Losing Tiller (program never recovered)
Losing Brandenburg (ditto)
Howdy Doody (makes us a laughingstock, and damage is compounding)

the others didnt really hurt us
59 recruiting (Not terrrible..We were ranked nationally ten years later)
Pool Table-it was disgusting and hurt reputation locally, but didnt get national attention that hurt us
Finger-Beginning of the end for Glenn, but it went down much better than it should have nationally (outside of Deseret) partly because Joe was ...Joe...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

What exactly happened with the pool table thing? I have heard bits and pieces but never what actually happened.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan wrote:What exactly happened with the pool table thing? I have heard bits and pieces but never what actually happened.

I have no idea what the hell it is. I'm in the dark about it too
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:What exactly happened with the pool table thing? I have heard bits and pieces but never what actually happened.

I have no idea what the hell it is. I'm in the dark about it too
Dana Dimel was found f-word a bar waitress on top of a pool table after hours at a Laramie bar just a few weeks prior to his first game as head coach (@ Ohio State in 1997).

His wife and son (2-3 year old I believe) were still in Manhatten, Kansas trying to get their house there sold to head over to Laramie.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

BTW, after his wife divorced him, he later married that very same waitress. Saw a picture of her in the 1999 UW media guide. NOT impressed at all.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

The pool table deal wasn't that big of a deal at all. Atleast not nationally anyways. The only people who knew about it were people locally. Yeah it was frowned up on obviously but no one outside of Wyoming even knows about it. Not really sure why it is even on the list.

1.)Black 14 was the worst.
2.)Howdy Doody is #2 imo. With today's social media and all.
3.)59' recruiting incedent i'll put 3rd only because Wyoming was put on probation.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I heard about the Dimel thing before he came to Houston.
What's not impressive about a husband and wife wearing the same style mustache?
Earlier I reviewed his first recruiting class to Houston.

To me it's not that big a deal. Calhoun needs to be called out etc.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

alyssa wrote: To me it's not that big a deal. Calhoun needs to be called out etc.
Calhoun is far from the first or last coach who will pull a shady practice like that. It happens every single weekend of every single college season.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote:
alyssa wrote: To me it's not that big a deal. Calhoun needs to be called out etc.
Calhoun is far from the first or last coach who will pull a shady practice like that. It happens every single weekend of every single college season.
Oh I know. But I mean mostly I just hear about how bad DC is in that mess and most taking up for Calhoun like he's only a good guy who was attacked.

I've seen a lot in sports while competing and while watching. Like protesters storming the course or track trying to attack an athlete and death threats and all that kind of excitement.
So I think what happened at Wyoming is not good but is still tame in comparison to an athlete's life and family being threatened.
And so on......
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I could be wrong but the pool table incident happened at the Alibi I believe.

Dimel 2013!!
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Cornpoke wrote:I could be wrong but the pool table incident happened at the Alibi I believe.

Dimel 2013!!
Actually, it happened in Laramie's biggest poop hole. The Alibi is a luxurious watering hole compared to the dump Dimel got caught bangin a softie at.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote:I could be wrong but the pool table incident happened at the Alibi I believe.

Dimel 2013!!
Was at Bud's Bar. She was a bartender there. Cops stopped to see why the lights were still on well after closing time.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Black 14 (clear #1)

Dave's Outburst (most media attention WY has ever received and 99% of it has been negative)

59' recruiting and subsequent probation (we recovered, recruiting at the time was substantially different)

Koennig's Tenure (created an apathetic fanbase an the student section was nowhere to be seen)

Dimel's Pool Table (noone knew of it outside of Laramie, in today's world of social media it would have had a bigger impact)

Glenn's finger (actually received positive media attention)
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wait 2 years on PSU...they still have good players in the program
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Koenning was a terrible head coach. But he was and is a decent D Coord. Dimel was a slimebag, but won games. He is the current OC for a top 5 team.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/colleges ... nator.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously DC has a proven track record at Off Coord as well. Too bad we couldnt get a good head coach and have some of these coaches go back to where they were best.