Pokes vs. Prairie View A&M

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I'll be looking for the Pokes to start the game a bit better than they have the past two games. They won't be able to afford a slow start against better teams. I'm excited to see what Muojeke has for an encore. I have a feeling Ogirri could have a really big game. I know it's only one game into the season, but I'm feeling really good about how this Pokes team is looking right now. With Thiam becoming eligable in December, I wouldn't be surprised if this team makes a push for the confernce title. Thiam is for real. Get ready for one hell of a Pokes season.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

I'm not near as opptomistic as you, but I am excited about this year. It was nice to see Moujeke have such a great game last time. Its been a while since UW had a forward that could really be a scoring threat, and that is soooo important. We'll see if he can be a consistant threat, and actually improve through out the season.
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

I’ll be heading out to the AA in a couple of hours, looking forward to the game. I think as the season goes on Waddell will get better and better in the middle. I really like the way he moves in the low post. I think Coach Vandiver has worked wonders with post players who were not really D-1 players. Now he has someone that can play, fouls to much, but don’t we all, he will just get better and better. Plus Waddell is one of my two favorite people from Cody. (Mike Leach is the other because he throws the ball all over the yard)

Best pair of guards in the conference, wing players that can score and a center that is mobile and aggressive. I really feel we may be better than most people think. Or maybe that’s just my overly optimistic Cowboy mentality.

Popcorn is waiting –Go Cowboys !!!!!!!!!!