Time to clean house and that includes the DC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Two years in a row and 3 out of 4 where CSU has killed us with long pass plays. I have nothing against Breske but I don't think he should be considered for the HC. Whoever the new coach is, he has to perform a recruiting miracle. We have to get a D1 caliber qb in here. Stutzreim missed so many open receivers that I lost count. He is not the answer. Our O line played very well and we have almost no points to show for it. The last year and 1/2 of Cowboy football have been pure hell.

Living in Fort C., I have to hear the crap again for the next year. Mr. Burman, please pull the trigger and bring in someone who can give us some hope. I will glady up my CJC conribution for a quality coach.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Here is an off the wall Offensive Coordinator idea. How about the HC from Abilene Christian. They scored 93 points today in the 2nd round of the D2 playoffs. They scored TDs on 13 of their 14 possessions (the other possession was a missed FG). They scored 72 in a loss last year to Chadron. The athletes they have on offense are definitely D1 talent (Yes a D2 team that has more speed on O than us). Bringing in a guy like him would definitely help us get some speed at the WR position (which is a MUST for the team IMO).

Also, rumor has it that Stutzreim is gone once Glenn is gone. Kinda sucks, because he is a player that one definitely can root for.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Stutzreim is a redshirt freshman. If he leaves, he will have to sit out another year. IMO, we will not miss him. Maybe he can follow Joe back to Northern Colorado. We need a proven assistant at the D1 level imo. No more lower division coaches. If UW can spend 35 million to improve the stadium, then it can buy out Glenn and bring in a promising up and comer, like the OC at Missouri.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Here is an off the wall Offensive Coordinator idea. How about the HC from Abilene Christian. They scored 93 points today in the 2nd round of the D2 playoffs. They scored TDs on 13 of their 14 possessions (the other possession was a missed FG). They scored 72 in a loss last year to Chadron. The athletes they have on offense are definitely D1 talent (Yes a D2 team that has more speed on O than us). Bringing in a guy like him would definitely help us get some speed at the WR position (which is a MUST for the team IMO).

Also, rumor has it that Stutzreim is gone once Glenn is gone. Kinda sucks, because he is a player that one definitely can root for.
Dude, don't you think we're where we are because we went with someone from a lower division who couldn't get it done in the Mountain West Conference? :o
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

^ditto^

Well said.
Go Pokes!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I wouldn't mind if Breske stuck around.. I thought his defenses were always pretty decent.. just not much support from the other side of the football.
ImageImageImageImage
armchaircoach
Buckaroo

I hope the new coach brings in an all new staff, often in a transition like this one coach is retained to bridge but I don’t remember it ever being a coordinator. Nebraska kept two last year; one was Ted Gilmore who has got some talk on this and other boards. If one stays, my guess, with no real reason for it, would be a younger coach who has proved himself as a coach and recruiter like Marty English.

As far as a head coach there is no way we will hire someone from the defensive side of the ball, it will be an offensive guy. I still hope we look at a spread offensive guy and not a spread option guy. Still think it will take too many new kids to run the spread option.

Oh and hey Titleist I liked Breske also but don’t think there is any chance that he will be retained.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

armchair,

I agree. Was hoping for breske to stay on, but dont think it will happen. But I do think that it will be gilmore.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I hope we expand the coaching search beyond Gilmore.. we need to see what's out there for the taking and go from there.. much like the wrestling program did when they hired.
ImageImageImageImage
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:I hope we expand the coaching search beyond Gilmore.. we need to see what's out there for the taking and go from there.. much like the wrestling program did when they hired.
With as many coaching jobs as there are right now, I hope that they grab him and hold on to him. If we wait around to long we will end up with some DII dink.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:armchair,

I agree. Was hoping for breske to stay on, but dont think it will happen. But I do think that it will be gilmore.
Of all the D coaches on the staff...Breske wouldn't be close to my choice to "keep". English is a better coach hands down. And a better recruiter.

Surely, everyone realizes Breske was the DB coach, right? That 15 - 20 yard cushion he had his guys constantly give up was his doing...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...