Its official

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Sad day in Wyoming.. hard to lose a guy that promoted the program and other sports so well.. we've never had a coach that traveled the state to put on small-kid clinics, hype the players, and reach out to the communities, especially the ones no where near Laramie.. hopefully the university can retain him.
ImageImageImageImage
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Sad day in Wyoming.. hard to lose a guy that promoted the program and other sports so well.. we've never had a coach that traveled the state to put on small-kid clinics, hype the players, and reach out to the communities, especially the ones no where near Laramie.. hopefully the university can retain him.

I disagree. Its not a sad day for Wyoming. Its hopefully a chance to start a new tradition. A tradition of winning. I think that whom ever is hired will know what is expected of him and will follow some of the things that Glenn did. Dont get me wrong, Glenn did do some good things and brought back some good positives for wyoming football. Everything but winning. A big "thanks" to Glenn, but it is time for a new chapter....a chapter of winning. I hope that Gilmore is the guy to do it (I have "heard" that Gilmore was contacted already and is very interested). I also hope that Glenn will stay on at the CJC. Maybe take over for the idiot Josh! That would be huge for the CJC.

A new beginning for Wyoming football is at hand.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Tom Bucanan (uw pres said "I have made it clear that there is a place for him at the University of Wyoming if he so desires - he is a valuable asset to the university and the state."

So hopefully Joe will choose to stay on.
God is a Cowboy
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Hmmm... Interviews starting. Looks like Gilmore is a lightweight job-hopper (I wonder if by his own choosing)
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

I dont think he is a "job hopper." He has been at Nebraska for 4 years now? And, he could actually coach our receivers. What a stretch that would be. And, he is widely accepted as a great recruiter. I think he would be a great fit.
SnipeyPoke
Buckaroo

I hope we get a good recruiter considering we have the worst talent in the MWC. I think any coach would be an improvement. Joe is great for shaking hands and saying nice things but other then that he was not that good. Our program is going to need an overhaul and lot of mixing it up and some coach who doesn't mind using the f bomb when anyone second guesses him. No more singing and dancing we need hard love. We need some stirring if we ever hope to have a winning season again.

Too bad we couldn't jettison the players as well...

Just my thoughts...
Go Pokes!
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Snipey,

Agreed. Anyone could possibly be better. But, I do think there is some talent on this team. I just dont think that there was any leadership in the coaching and certainly no one to improve thier skills. I hope that a quality coach is found quickly and recruiting starts off on a fast track.
thirtyseven
Ranch Hand

Gilmore has been a Recruiting coordinator for two years at Nebraska and their record is 6-6 and 7-4!!! Not much better than us.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

What if any, successful coach would even think about coming to Laramie?

Think about it folks, this program can still fall further, and stay there. Ironic that Joe Tiller is going to come back here to fish. Hope he takes time to stop by and moon the establishment. :lol:
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

one-smooth-poke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Sad day in Wyoming.. hard to lose a guy that promoted the program and other sports so well.. we've never had a coach that traveled the state to put on small-kid clinics, hype the players, and reach out to the communities, especially the ones no where near Laramie.. hopefully the university can retain him.

I disagree. Its not a sad day for Wyoming. Its hopefully a chance to start a new tradition. A tradition of winning. I think that whom ever is hired will know what is expected of him and will follow some of the things that Glenn did. Dont get me wrong, Glenn did do some good things and brought back some good positives for wyoming football. Everything but winning. A big "thanks" to Glenn, but it is time for a new chapter....a chapter of winning. I hope that Gilmore is the guy to do it (I have "heard" that Gilmore was contacted already and is very interested). I also hope that Glenn will stay on at the CJC. Maybe take over for the idiot Josh! That would be huge for the CJC.

A new beginning for Wyoming football is at hand.

What a buffoon!! :lol:
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Its hard to say if we have no talent and Glenn made the boys better than they really were or if we have good talent (which I think we do) and Glenn just couldn't get it together. Either way, Glenn didn't get it done and had to go. There is no doubt that Tennessee has much more talent than we have yet fulmer wasn't getting it done either.

We competed for conference titles nearly every year from 87 through 99 which was in a bust cycle and UW had no money for anything. I see no reason we shouldn't expect the same now.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:Its hard to say if we have no talent and Glenn made the boys better than they really were or if we have good talent (which I think we do) and Glenn just couldn't get it together. Either way, Glenn didn't get it done and had to go. There is no doubt that Tennessee has much more talent than we have yet fulmer wasn't getting it done either.

We competed for conference titles nearly every year from 87 through 99 which was in a bust cycle and UW had no money for anything. I see no reason we shouldn't expect the same now.
I totally agree. I believe we have the talent, but they are just not coached well. Dread, who are your choices?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This should be an interesting week.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.