Ticket prices

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

$42 for the Idaho game?????? I don't mean to complain, but holy ####. I love the Pokes and all, but after $150 in gas, $100 in hotel and $50 in food.... then $42 for a ticket.

When did it increase so much? Where have I been.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 47 times

I remember general admission tickets for the Arkansas State & San Diego State games in 1990 being only $11!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Not sure......early season game? Doubt they'll charge that much for the colder games....but idk.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

42 bucks for 2 power houses? Seems like a deal!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

38 for UNC seems a bit high as well, need to lower prices to get more fans in the stands..imo
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

this is what happens when we pay our coach over a Mil for a year, sorry it's not about the fans pocket book anymore, maybe seasons are cheaper in the long run anymore!!! $45 for CSU, hey it is what it is
djm19
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote:this is what happens when we pay our coach over a Mil for a year, sorry it's not about the fans pocket book anymore, maybe seasons are cheaper in the long run anymore!!! $45 for CSU, hey it is what it is
Pac12 games in SLC are like $50 to see UCLA, ASU and USC (season ticket prices anyway).

They should be giving away tickets for the opener and UNC. Those are $hitty teams. Make their money on concessions and stuff. I would rather sell out at $20 a ticket than have $40 a ticket and half the stadium full.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't know if lowering the ticket prices will put more fans in the stands. Most fans haven't gone to the games on a regular basis, even when the team was good (96). I think it is same 17-20k hardcore fans that go to every game, and they will shell out the money to go no matter the price. Add in the students and that is core of our attendance base. We don't sell out unless we are playing a top tier team, or if we are doing extremely well (even that can be debated). This may be a ploy to get more season ticket holders. More season ticket holders equals a more consistent attendance.

So why not try and take advantage?
Last edited by ELKMT on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

marcuswyo wrote:I don't know if lowering the ticket prices will put more fans in the stands. Most fans haven't go to the games on a regular basis, even when the team was good (96). I think it is same 17-20k hardcore fans that go to every game, and they will shell out the money to go no matter the price. Add in the students and that is core of our attendance base. We don't sell out unless we are playing a top tier team, or if we are doing extremely well (even that can be debated). This may be a ploy to get more season ticket holders. More season ticket holders equals a more consistent attendance.

I would agree with this.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 116 times

I liked the way they did ticket prices a few seasons ago. High profile nonconference game is expensive ($60, because everyone wants to see that game), other OOC games are half-priced ($20-$25), and conference games are $35-$45.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 125 times

I guess with CJC fundraising struggling (or not maximizing) you gotta get your $$ somewhere.

Said it before a million times, we need a visionary, who compiles a legit staff, to head up Wyoming athletics.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 47 times

McPeachy wrote:Said it before a million times, we need a visionary, who compiles a legit staff, to head up Wyoming athletics.
+1 Sadly, we have a complete jackass running the dept. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Sell beer $$$
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote:I don't know if lowering the ticket prices will put more fans in the stands. Most fans haven't gone to the games on a regular basis, even when the team was good (96). I think it is same 17-20k hardcore fans that go to every game, and they will shell out the money to go no matter the price. Add in the students and that is core of our attendance base. We don't sell out unless we are playing a top tier team, or if we are doing extremely well (even that can be debated). This may be a ploy to get more season ticket holders. More season ticket holders equals a more consistent attendance.

I would agree with this for the most part. The problem is trying to expand the fanbase and getting more people to come to games. This is the single largest obstacle Wyoming faces. Maybe try some promotions to get more young people and kids to come to games. Some of my fondest memories from childhood were at the War and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why I would pay such a price for a game against Idaho. Get them hooked on Cowboy football young.

But for those who think $42 dollars is expensive, I'm sure there are about 4x as many people all across the state of Nebraska who on August 31st, will get up, drive, pay the price of gas, pay for food, lodging and all the expenses and pay $100 a ticket to see their Cornhuskers. They will then repeat that for 6 more saturdays this fall.

Welcome to modern college football.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 4 times

djm19 wrote:$42 for the Idaho game?????? I don't mean to complain, but holy ####. I love the Pokes and all, but after $150 in gas, $100 in hotel and $50 in food.... then $42 for a ticket.

And I remember when major rock concerts were $17.50 in the early 90s. Now they're $150-$200. poop changes.
$42 is some of the cheapest prices in the conference.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Brew_Poke wrote:
djm19 wrote:$42 for the Idaho game?????? I don't mean to complain, but holy ####. I love the Pokes and all, but after $150 in gas, $100 in hotel and $50 in food.... then $42 for a ticket.

And I remember when major rock concerts were $17.50 in the early 90s. Now they're $150-$200. poop changes.
$42 is some of the cheapest prices in the conference.
No one is argueing "changes." I am just saying that the cost to attend a college football game has gotten out of hand.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

calpoke25 wrote:
marcuswyo wrote:I don't know if lowering the ticket prices will put more fans in the stands. Most fans haven't gone to the games on a regular basis, even when the team was good (96). I think it is same 17-20k hardcore fans that go to every game, and they will shell out the money to go no matter the price. Add in the students and that is core of our attendance base. We don't sell out unless we are playing a top tier team, or if we are doing extremely well (even that can be debated). This may be a ploy to get more season ticket holders. More season ticket holders equals a more consistent attendance.

I would agree with this for the most part. The problem is trying to expand the fanbase and getting more people to come to games. This is the single largest obstacle Wyoming faces. Maybe try some promotions to get more young people and kids to come to games. Some of my fondest memories from childhood were at the War and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why I would pay such a price for a game against Idaho. Get them hooked on Cowboy football young.

But for those who think $42 dollars is expensive, I'm sure there are about 4x as many people all across the state of Nebraska who on August 31st, will get up, drive, pay the price of gas, pay for food, lodging and all the expenses and pay $100 a ticket to see their Cornhuskers. They will then repeat that for 6 more saturdays this fall.

Welcome to modern college football.
Agreed, I'm guilty there of driving to Nebraska, but that's my new thing going to at least one away game a year. I just wish I woulda got the $65 Neb tkt when i saw them...oh well it'll be an experience, I'll also go a few this year, I have connections to win them like usual, but for people like my parents coming down from Buffalo, if they pay that they hope the product on the field is good/better. Yes it's true we live in a College Football business environment anymore, not a game experience..lol