Saturday Aug 24

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

The Pokes are practicing here at Central High School in Cheyenne, i heard they are having a season ticket deal at $124, quite a considerable savings over regular season tickets. just thought I'd pass it on
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

really good idea by the administration if you ask me. help get exposure to our biggest population base, give great deals for tickets for a community that can make all home games as long as the summit is open.

they need to really try and do more community stuff in Cheyenne I say. we need the crowds.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

carbonpoke wrote:really good idea by the administration if you ask me. help get exposure to our biggest population base, give great deals for tickets for a community that can make all home games as long as the summit is open.

they need to really try and do more community stuff in Cheyenne I say. we need the crowds.
Totally agree. Start with Cheyenne. Get them excited (basketball too). Then move on to Casper. Get them involved and excited.
Once the biggest cities are involved, spread it out throughout the state. Do a Green River-Rock Springs-Evanston trip.

Remember, if I ever hit the lottery or make enough money to run shuttles from Evanston, through GR, RS, and Rawlins, I would gladly do it. Party busses too! Make sure these people are happy, and excited to go watch some Cowboy football!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
carbonpoke wrote:really good idea by the administration if you ask me. help get exposure to our biggest population base, give great deals for tickets for a community that can make all home games as long as the summit is open.

Totally agree. Start with Cheyenne. Get them excited (basketball too). Then move on to Casper. Get them involved and excited.
Once the biggest cities are involved, spread it out throughout the state. Do a Green River-Rock Springs-Evanston trip.

Remember, if I ever hit the lottery or make enough money to run shuttles from Evanston, through GR, RS, and Rawlins, I would gladly do it. Party busses too! Make sure these people are happy, and excited to go watch some Cowboy football!
Love this idea...and I'll be happy to drive too...lol
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Anyone have a link or something for this. I don't see anything on their parctice schedule on the athletics site.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Great idea and great promotion.

Dont tell wyoming fishing though...or he will start a new topic every other week to bitch and complain that he paid more for his season tickets that are in a better section.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:Great idea and great promotion.

Dont tell wyoming fishing though...or he will start a new topic every other week to bitch and complain that he paid more for his season tickets that are in a better section.
Not that I ever want to be accused as being the fisherman's buddy...but...

Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you had 4 (or whatever) season tickets for 10+ years, were a regular CJC donor, to find out that Joe-Blow-Newby-Fan could walk right in, without a CJC ticket hostage donation, and get better seats, in a better section, at a lesser price? Seems that would be gouging the "regulars" a bit.

Then again, I doubt that happens. Right?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I was glad to see they put on a football camp up here in Jackson. I must admit I'm surprised by the amount of Poke support here in the Pinedale/Jackson area. I know I'll be making at least 3 home games this year
I'm good for 3!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cornpoke wrote:I was glad to see they put on a football camp up here in Jackson. I must admit I'm surprised by the amount of Poke support here in the Pinedale/Jackson area. I know I'll be making at least 3 home games this year
Last year in Vegas I met a group of about 10 folks from Jackson at the game but haven't been to Laramie in years. I think I might have shamed them into a trip to Laramie.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:Great idea and great promotion.

Not that I ever want to be accused as being the fisherman's buddy...but...

Wouldn't you be a little pissed if you had 4 (or whatever) season tickets for 10+ years, were a regular CJC donor, to find out that Joe-Blow-Newby-Fan could walk right in, without a CJC ticket hostage donation, and get better seats, in a better section, at a lesser price? Seems that would be gouging the "regulars" a bit.

Then again, I doubt that happens. Right?
The promotion last year were for season tickets in a worse section than CJC donors sit. I would pretty much assume the promotion will be the same this year.

Personally, I am happy that we do these types of promotions that bring fans to the games that otherwise would likely not come or may not be able to afford to come. I have plenty of friends that simply can't afford current season tickets prices and CJC donation.

I have always thought a "rockpile" type section for seats that could only be purchased on gameday for $5 would be a good idea.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:The promotion last year were for season tickets in a worse section than CJC donors sit. I would pretty much assume the promotion will be the same this year.

Personally, I am happy that we do these types of promotions that bring fans to the games that otherwise would likely not come or may not be able to afford to come. I have plenty of friends that simply can't afford current season tickets prices and CJC donation.

I have always thought a "rockpile" type section for seats that could only be purchased on gameday for $5 would be a good idea.
Agree completely with your last sentence. I have thought ever since the removal of the knothole, that UW missed (and misses) out on a crucial piece of growth - and that is recruiting new fans through reduced price tickets. Whether with age restrictions or not - I still feel that way. The temp stands in the endzone (especially south) made into permanent would be a perfect place for such. But then again, that isn't the MO of our AD.

Further, not sure if it is "fair" that newby discounted ticket holder in section BB row 7, seat 28, pays half price without a CJC donation, while the guy literally across the isle...you know what I mean. Then again, winning consistently may cure all of that.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

i get it for the fact that it's cheaper per game rather than paying lots for 1 game, and yes I do make most of them anyway, plus I seem to win lots of tickets on the radio stations as well for friends, as my friends are expecting cheap tickets anyway.
wish it were easier to find them at a reasonable price for Nebraska, we'll see what happens
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Just fyi, also Channel 5 outta Cheyenne's website. http://www.kgwn.tv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is having a chance to win 2 season tickets if anybody's interested
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I have to agree here. I'm into my season tickets for about $1000 this year (football only, waiting on bball).

If I were smart, I would just pay my cable bill, which would be slightly higher, stay inside where it is warm, and drink some beer.

Cable makes for a better deal when you think about it. But I'm a die hard fan and don't mind spending the money to go.

Tickets are what - around 30 / game now? Thats $10/hour. Insane!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WyoBrandX wrote: Tickets are what - around 30 / game now? Thats $10/hour. Insane!
I believe the lowest single game ticket is $45 now. But I could be wrong. I would not have been able to afford that back when I was in High School and used to drive over the hill from Cheyenne to Laramie to watch many games. We used to buy the "knothole" tickets.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Growing up my parents always got me a knothole ticket, or signed me up for the junior joe program. I loved getting my football ID with a picture of me and a player when I was young. My parents didn't come to the games. Without those programs I'm not sure I would have been able to come either, and I might not be as big of a fan as I am now.

That investment has paid off as I am now a CJC member, season ticket holder, travel to some road games, etc.
God is a Cowboy