Pokes in NFL preseason week 2

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

San Diego:
Still no Chris McNeil sighting. I don't know if he has made the field at all but he doesn't have any stats.
Malcolm Floyd has been injured but it sounds like he will be good to go soon. Again, he is one of the best WRs in the NFL in terms of production so there isn't any worry that he won't make the team.

Cleveland:
Gipson is quietly becoming a bad ass.
3 tackles, 2 of them solo, and 1 tackle for a loss.
I think he is going to be a very important part of their defense in the next few years.

4 more games Friday night.
More info to come, hopefully many more stats as well!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Chris Prosinski, still banged up from my sources, but he'll be ok I believe....
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

unrein?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

whyoh wrote:unrein?
Broncos haven't played their 2nd game yet. I will post stats of each former Poke as their team plays.

But Unrein has proven himself to be a very valuable piece of that defense, his job is pretty much guaranteed I think.
If you look at a lot of Von Miller's sacks last season, you see that Unrein was right there in a lot of them. Miller was able to get that sack because Unrein took up the last O-Lineman, or sometimes RB in the way of the QB. W/out Unrein, Miller doesn't get nearly as many sacks. He is a big, big part of the Broncos D. He doesn't blow up the stat column but, if there were "assists for sacks", Unrein would have had a lot. He is good to go.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Purcell only had 1 tackle tonight but it was a sack.
That is a good way to get noticed. I think he will get some more playing time in the next couple games, especially the final preseason game when all the starters sit out, he should be able to do some work.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I dont think mcneil is on the chargers anymore... he only had a try out and isnt on the roster
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

gopokes1399 wrote:I dont think mcneil is on the chargers anymore... he only had a try out and isnt on the roster
Last I heard he is in their camp still which means if they want to keep him but can't afford a roster spot they leave him in the camp a lot of players get noticed in teams camps and then get picked up or they just stay on the cap and work hard to earn a spot but not a lot of information out there on him.
Triple-WY
Buckaroo

Taufa'asau also played (Raiders) and accounted for a QB hit.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I didn't see it, but the office Steelers fan said Alvester looked good this week.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

COS Cowboy wrote:I didn't see it, but the office Steelers fan said Alvester looked good this week.
He looked ok. They have a bunch of injured RB's (3 of the top 4 IIRC) so that may help him out a bit.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

Hope he makes it along w/ all the other pokes!
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

zappinpoke
Cowpoke

Gipson named started at FS for Browns
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

zappinpoke wrote:Gipson named started at FS for Browns
This is awesome!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I saw that Bell the rookie RB for Pittsburgh is going to miss 6-8 weeks. Not glad that he is injured, but glad that Alvester should get more of a chance with another RB out of the picture for a while.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:I saw that Bell the rookie RB for Pittsburgh is going to miss 6-8 weeks. Not glad that he is injured, but glad that Alvester should get more of a chance with another RB out of the picture for a while.
holy poop....i've been ridiculously disconnected this year.....didn't even know this

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

whyoh wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:I saw that Bell the rookie RB for Pittsburgh is going to miss 6-8 weeks. Not glad that he is injured, but glad that Alvester should get more of a chance with another RB out of the picture for a while.
holy poop....i've been ridiculously disconnected this year.....didn't even know this
I think it only came out yesterday. Not sure if disconnected or just didn't see it yesterday?
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:
I think it only came out yesterday. Not sure if disconnected or just didn't see it yesterday?
what that AA signed with the steelers?

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

whyoh wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
whyoh wrote:
what that AA signed with the steelers?
Haha oh I guess you have been disconnected! He signed a few weeks ago I believe, and the Bell injury just happened.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I just saw on ESPN that the Steelers traded a LB for RB Felix Jones. Making it a little harder for Alvester to earn a spot.